People don't get "net worth" vs "income"

So are you insinuating we should be taxing societal power? Whatever that is.

Yeah... I am not sure how that can be done... LOL.

We will make you the test case... Now if you would have just got a normal 99 dollar CharBroil grill instead of that Big Green Egg! Elitism gets you 1500 demerits for eating a burger off a ceramic cooker! :-P

Just busting... Go easy on me!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... I am not sure how that can be done... LOL.

We will make you the test case... Now if you would have just got a normal 99 dollar CharBroil grill instead of that Big Green Egg! Elitism gets you 1500 demerits for eating a burger off a ceramic cooker! :-P

Just busting... Go easy on me!

We already to tax "societal power". It's called the Estate Tax

Can that tax be paid with labor?

Hell yeah!

Oh that just hurt. I think it's time for brunch and a couple of pitchers of Mimosas

Can someone show some compassion and just put a bullet in MDP?

No animal should have to suffer like this.

But he's not the one suffering.

We already to tax "societal power". It's called the Estate Tax

My "estate" be lookin' like a rummage sale!

Hell yeah!

Oh that just hurt. I think it's time for brunch and a couple of pitchers of Mimosas

But he's not the one suffering.

Why you guys suffering? :-P

Way too type a around here....

Can someone show some compassion and just put a bullet in MDP?

No animal should have to suffer like this.

Careful, James. There are some sensitive types with issues surrounding death around here. Hopefully Simple Jack isn't perusing the thread.

If you have $10 in the bank

but don't earn a penny in a calendar year,
you shouldn't pay taxes that year.

If you have a $1,000,000,000 in the bank

but don't earn a penny in a calendar year
, then you shouldn't pay taxes that year.

because they made a stupid market investment. we are not talking about money just sitting in a bank, rather capital gains, ie money invested. ie house bought for 500k, and then sold for 250k... the 250k should still be taxed.

the money left over should still be taxed at the same rate. this is why i brought up propety taxes not changing even when the value of a home goes down dramatically...

you are advocating deductions for bad behavior. to some degree, in a capitalist system, all the rich people pay zero taxes or a lower rate compared to others, because most of their income is from capital gains. even if they get gains, they still dont get the regular 35% like the tax code suggests...

if you engage in a market, e.g., like the example you gave where you sell your house, and its worth less, why should the state tax code change to make up for your poor market investment?

so you buy the house for 500k and it sells for 250k... why should i pay for your stupid mistake? in many cases this results in very wealthy people paying zero taxes. ( because its capital gains)...

the example on the first page implied net worth had nothing to do with market action, when of course it did. ie net worth and income were not related when they are ....

the money is not just sitting in the bank getting 2% interest.

someone is taking their set amount, and when they lose it, they can write it off and lower their tax burden to zero or close to zero.

this implies that money is static in a market and its somehow not your fault you lost money. why should a business taking losses get a tax break? if a restaurant loses a chain, should they have a lower tax rate, or no tax at all???

do we have the same option for blue collar workers? if their company tells them to take a pay cut, can they write that off? from previous gains?

obviously if you are laid off, you are not taxed because you are not earning anything or engaged in a market.... you are not invested...

the implication here is that money is just sitting there and it takes loses, which is not what we are talking about. we are talking about investment, not a savings account...

this is somebody taking money and investing in company x, and when company x loses that money, they can now write that off... this is a reward for bad market behavior.

of the first page the guy said $10 and $1,000,000,000 in one year with no penny earned. well if its sitting in a bank. sure. if its invested and lost, you dont get lower tax rates because you !@#$ed up.

http://www.ourfuture.org/node/19978--- you asked about tax subsidies...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

its kind of similar to tax deductions for charity. so mitt gives 2 million to the mormon church. and then he writes that off. why am i supporting the mormon church? thats 2 million that can pay down the debt, help with food stamps, help with roads, or ironically give subsidies to some oil company... :doh:

the tax rate should be set, and what you do with your money, gained or lost is for your discretion. we shouldnt lose tax dollars because you want to give to some art gallery or church or make a bad investment... do pawn shops get this privilege? really? when labor takes a pay cut? buy a house and sell it? buy a car and sell it? buy a hammer and sell it? - for you tom...

i totally understand money just sitting in a bank. i agree, it should not be taxed. but capital gains/losses are different
because thay money is potentially earned or lost. the tax percentage shouldnt go down when capital losses take place. a restaurant worth 1 million or 5 million should be taxed at 35% or whatever % congress agrees on... it shouldnt change because the market changed...

if you are for corporate welfare with tax subsidies, well, i dont know what to tell you. thats pretty sick to hate food stamps but love subsidies for big oil or big weapons companies...

its kind of similar to tax deductions for charity. so mitt gives 2 million to the mormon church. and then he writes that off. why am i supporting the mormon church? thats 2 million that can pay down the debt, help with food stamps, help with roads, or ironically give subsidies to some oil company... :doh:

the tax rate should be set, and what you do with your money, gained or lost is for your discretion. we shouldnt lose tax dollars because you want to give to some art gallery or church or make a bad investment... do pawn shops get this privilege? really? when labor takes a pay cut? buy a house and sell it? buy a car and sell it? buy a hammer and sell it? - for you tom...

i totally understand money just sitting in a bank. i agree, it should not be taxed. but capital gains/losses are different because thay money is potentially earned or lost. the tax percentage shouldnt go down when capital losses take place. a restaurant worth 1 million or 5 million should be taxed at 35% or whatever % congress agrees on... it shouldnt change because the market changed...

if you are for corporate welfare with tax subsidies, well, i dont know what to tell you. thats pretty sick to hate food stamps but love subsidies for big oil or big weapons companies...

Yeah, except that it's not 2 million in taxes that's being written off, it's $2 million of his income he doesn't have to pay taxes on. Therefore, all you just said is "I don't get how tax write offs work. At all."

Yeah, except that it's not 2 million in taxes that's being written off, it's $2 million of his income he doesn't have to pay taxes on. Therefore, all you just said is "I don't get how tax write offs work. At all."

no, you have a no reading comprehension. hypothetically, this is 2 million out of 50 million from capital gains, which is given to charity, ( mormon church) , before he files. so he goes from 15% to a lower rate... im talking about income, which i made clear... :doh:

:wallbash: :wallbash:

i totally understand money just sitting in a bank. i agree, it should not be taxed. but capital gains/losses are different

because thay money is potentially earned or lost. the tax percentage shouldnt go down when capital losses take place. a restaurant worth 1 million or 5 million should be taxed at 35% or whatever % congress agrees on... it shouldnt change because the market changed...

Wait, I didn't read all your gibberish because I have more important things to do, like clip my toenails. But are you saying that if an asset that was at one time worth $500k that is sold for $250k the seller should pay taxes on the $250k net? If so I'd like to introduce you to a concept commonly referred to as.......cost basis

Again your stupidity astounds me. You are not supporting any church. He is. With his money. Making his choice. You want to claim someone else's ****? Move to Europe.

Again your stupidity astounds me. You are not supporting any church. He is. With his money. Making his choice. You want to claim someone else's ****? Move to Europe.

Yeah, but if he hadn't decided to forfeit that portion of his income to another entity we could have taxed it. That makes it ours. All of it.