Europe will never learn

Learn what? The work till you drop mentality of the US? Good, I hope it never does. I prefer to work to live rather than live to work.

Some people want to work to get a better life. You know, the whole individual liberty thing that's so out of style. Of course if you just want to "live" you are welcome to do that as well. But while I work my ass off I want the proceeds to be mine. Not to go to support someone else's "living" on a 6 week paid holiday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose of entitlement to holiday leave is different, since it enables a worker to celebrate holidays by forced interaction with extended family and shopping.

Unless of course you work in a restaurant or hotel. You're entitled to ****.

What's vacation?

I have three weeks a year. It's too much. I get bored too damn easily on vacation.

maybe you need more interesting vacations. that's not been my problem. it's a combination of the work piling up when i'm gone, an overzealous work ethic and old fashioned guilt. keep hoping i'll evolve away from these and keep getting disappointed. c'est la vie, can be a healthy attitude in moderation.

Learn what? The work till you drop mentality of the US? Good, I hope it never does. I prefer to work to live rather than live to work.

I used to work long hours, very motivated to advance, asked for more to do.......

met my wife.

Work miminal hours to get the job done, would like to work part-time, try to stay out of line of fire......

what a difference a happy marriage makes, and how is changes your priorities....

maybe being in second place for 90 years is better than first for 60?

Except they're not second place for 90. They've been third for the last decade or two, and are at risk to falling to No. 4 or 5 under current trajectory.

is asking for around 30 days vacation out of 365 really asking that much??? :unsure: is this really what we should focus on? is this really the problem?

Dont you mean 30 out of about 255? So on top of the 110 days a year that you don't work, which comprises 30% of the calendar year, you need almost 12% of the rest of those days off (30/255)?

Why should I be required to pay you for zero work? You've never worked a commission job have you?

Duh. Because beyond a certain point, you're just paying yourself with his labor, so he shouldn't have to work at all.