Sabres schedule released

BTW, this schedule is by design. Although Im sure they werent trying to avoid Bills game weekends, Pagula DID say "Hockey first, Prime time second"

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635433

“Terry Pegula tasked us with getting the best possible schedule for our players regardless of whether it meant sacrificing prime home weekend dates,” said Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black. “As such, our schedule-making requests and decisions this year were driven by a 'Hockey First' philosophy that sought to reduce back-to-back situations and maximize the amount of recovery time between games.

And then there's the playoff games!!

Here's another schedule quirk; the Sabres have 5 3-game and 2 4-game road trips while only having 3 3-game and 1 4-game home stand(s). What's up with that?!?1?

It's a conspiracy by the NFL!

I am not sure how many years it was ago, probably 4 or 5 but I remember probably the most successful weekend in Buffalo ever. At the time I lived in Miami and went back to Buffalo to visit some family and see the Bills take on the Chargers. Little did I know it would turn into the ultimate Buffalo Weekend.

Friday Night I watched the Sabres beat someone at home. Sorry I can't remember who.

Saturday in the day, I witnessed UB beat Army at home.

Sunday, the Bills went on to beat the Chargers. It was the game in which the power went out for about 10 mins in the stadium in the first quarter.

3 for 3!!!! Awesome trip to Buffalo.

Sorry for not having the dates or the specifics but I am sure someone else remembers that weekend.

BD

I am not sure how many years it was ago, probably 4 or 5 but I remember probably the most successful weekend in Buffalo ever. At the time I lived in Miami and went back to Buffalo to visit some family and see the Bills take on the Chargers. Little did I know it would turn into the ultimate Buffalo Weekend.

Friday Night I watched the Sabres beat someone at home. Sorry I can't remember who.

Sunday, the Bills went on to beat the Chargers. It was the game in which the power went out for about 10 mins in the stadium in the first quarter.

Sorry for not having the dates or the specifics but I am sure someone else remembers that weekend.

BD

I was at all 3 as well. I try to plan trips around double or triple-header weekends. This year it's Oct 19-21 with the Sabres, Bills and UB hosting Pitt.

PTT

BD

I came in from California for that same weekend and caught all three games too. Epic weekend.

BTW- the Sabres beat Vancouver.

One of only 3 games after the calendar flips that the Sabres play outside the Eastern Time Zone prior to the Finals.

Must be nice!!! Someday I hope they are out of

the Pacific and back in the Central Divison so they

can travel like the Sabres.

Why is this Sabers stuff on a bills board??!?!? Go Pens!

That said, I like the Sabers as my 2nd fav.

It's Sabres, Ryan. I know everyone can't be the greatest speller in the world, but it was in the topic title, after all...

I'm really eyeing the November 15/16 exacta. That could make for a nice weekend. Two seasons ago some college buddies and I did the Sabres/Caps and Bills/Lions combo. Sabres won in OT on a sick Vanek goal, and the Bills ended their 0-8 start to the season in the cold rain.

Edited by eball