Pulled quad

Anyone have a quick fix to a pulled quad?

Idk about a fix, but I play a lot of softball and had hamstring issues constantly. Went to the trainer at the school I work at and she gave me a compression type wrap. My buddy pulled his quad in softball so I got one for him. It really helps when running and for keeping those muscles warm. Make sure you stretch properly and don't overuse until it's healed a bit.

ah... just spit on it and give it a good rub perhaps a mommy or pretty young lady give it a kiss.... don't listen to that Jay guy, his lack of action back in the day allowed wall to explode..... everyone knows that :nana:

Edited by millbank

freeze water in a styro cup, massage it in to leg. If man enough, go buy a few bags of ice, put it in tub with cold water and soak in it; you'll feel a lot better - - i used to do that daily, at least when I couldn't get in to a chill tub in HS. (I am thinking about buying one, if I can find one).

Do not stretch it, if it is truly a strain it will need to heal. If it is a charlie horse, spasm, or cramp you will need to massage it as much as possible pushing towards the heart.

Keeping it above your heart is never a bad idea. The opinions vary greatly, perhaps our favorite male nurse will pop in for an answer? Nonetheless, icing it several times a day will help. Some say alternate heat, but I disagree, as you have no reason to warm the muscle, just prevent swelling.

Rest bro, there's not a whole lot you can do other than that and a cold compress every chance you get. Don't push it or you may have a long term nagging injury. When I was in basic training I sprained an ankle and decided to keep running anyways so I didn't have to face the wrath of my DS, well I ended up tearing the tendon in my other ankle on that run and was out of commission for over a month before I was able to lightly jog again. I've since had ankle problems my whole life. Also every now and again I'll injure something while weight training and know enough now to just take time off to heal. Two months ago I pulled my groin and had to sit out for three weeks and hated every minute of it.

Rest bro, there's not a whole lot you can do other than that and a cold compress every chance you get. Don't push it or you may have a long term nagging injury. When I was in basic training I sprained an ankle and decided to keep running anyways so I didn't have to face the wrath of my DS, well I ended up tearing the tendon in my other ankle on that run and was out of commission for over a month before I was able to lightly jog again. I've since had ankle problems my whole life. Also every now and again I'll injure something while weight training and know enough now to just take time off to heal. Two months ago I pulled my groin and had to sit out for three weeks and hated every minute of it.

Similar thing happened to me. Partially tore my PCL in the right knee, sat out a week and realized i was losing my spot so i pushed it. Sprained the MCL in the other knee not long after that. Every once in a while ill sprain or twist a knee because of that