Unbelievably sad video out of Greece...NY

So there is abuse on that bus driver's bus and he/she need permission to stop the bus to get the unruley kids to behave? WTF is going on in this country? Ok so they need permission. They pull over and call and get permission.

No- not to get them to behave. Just to wait for the parents to come- you can't have an extended stop with nobody knowing about it. If the driver can pull over and get the bad behavior to stop, then there isn't much of a problem.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No- not to get them to behave. Just to wait for the parents to come- you can't have an extended stop with nobody knowing about it. If the driver can pull over and get the bad behavior to stop, then there isn't much of a problem.

You call the school from the bus explain the situation...problem solved. It's not really that complicated.

Even better, you stop the bus. You refuse to move until the student's responsible either give up thier phone numbers, and the monitor calls the parents to explain what is going on, or you call thier parents and have them meet the bus to pick up the kids.

It worked on my bus. (This is before cell phones, or even pagers) We be screwing around, the bus driver would get annoyed and pull over until we quieted down. And surprise! It worked! Cause who really wants to sit on the bus in the middle of nowhere (our route was out in the country) when they just want to get home?

It worked on my bus. (This is before cell phones, or even pagers) We be screwing around, the bus driver would get annoyed and pull over until we quieted down. And surprise! It worked! Cause who really wants to sit on the bus in the middle of nowhere (our route was out in the country) when they just want to get home?

I felt sorry for the kids that had to ride a bus to school. I lived in the tiny village where my school was so we just walked. Today they bus the village kids to the elementary school about 1/4 mile away. Why can't kids walk to school anymore?? :blink:

I felt sorry for the kids that had to ride a bus to school. I lived in the tiny village where my school was so we just walked. Today they bus the village kids to the elementary school about 1/4 mile away. Why can't kids walk to school anymore?? :blink:

Because "the world is a more dangerous place." :rolleyes:

Pro tip to parents - It's actually not. The news just sells that.

It was about 5 miles for me. My later years in high school I did ride my bike a few times when the weather was nice. (uphill, both ways) I made sure to obey the traffic laws of course.

Because "the world is a more dangerous place." :rolleyes:

Pro tip to parents - It's actually not. The news just sells that.

I was at the store and this kid wanted to go to another part of the store without his mom. He was 8 maybe. She said "no, you might get kidnapped" WTF?? Was she too afraid to tell him the truth that she didn't want to wander all around the store looking for him? Why scare the crap out of the kid?

It was about 5 miles for me. My later years in high school I did ride my bike a few times when the weather was nice. (uphill, both ways) I made sure to obey the traffic laws of course.

When I was in high school walking was a great opportunity to have a smoke. Tobacco or "other". :devil:

I was at the store and this kid wanted to go to another part of the store without his mom. He was 8 maybe. She said "no, you might get kidnapped" WTF?? Was she too afraid to tell him the truth that she didn't want to wander all around the store looking for him? Why scare the crap out of the kid?

IDK that's obviously part of it but I think a lot of moms are scared shitless about kidnapping and women all over think they could be raped at any moment and people in general think they are one bad burger away from mad cow and on and on...we are paranoid...and maybe we should be IDK

Edited by TheNewBills

When I was in high school walking was a great opportunity to have a smoke. Tobacco or "other". :devil:

I liked to walk- it gave me time to listen to my walkman which played records.

IDK that's obviously part of it but I think a lot of moms are scared shitless about kidnapping and women all over think they could be raped at any moment and people in general think they are one bad burger away from mad cow and on and on...we are paranoid...and maybe we should be IDK

I think we absolutely shouldn't be paranoid. Life'll kill ya. Do it on your terms.

Afraid is no way to go through life. My mom's brother was killed at the age of 8 playing at the local gravel pit. There was a slide of some sort and he was buried alive. Terrible way to go. Well when we would tell our mom we were going to play at the gravel pit she's say "ok, be careful. Remember your uncle died there." We've become a society of paranoid wussies. I was thinking if that were my mom on that bus she'd definitely put those kids in their place. I came home from a dirt bike accident with a broken thumb, torn off thumbnail and bleeding like a son of a B word. She told me to stop acting like a baby. :lol:

A friend of mine, who just got a job in January, was excited to get a job in a "good school"... she is an attractive,

30-ish girl. First day in class, her back to the class, she hears a male voice yell "show us your breasts!" Escaleted into "somebody" drawing a penis on her desk a few weeks later. Of course, nobody fesses up, or will snitch on anyone else.

The principle lectures the class, things improve slightly.

But, it is still apparent the level of respect for adults is pretty close to non-existent. My freind posted a copy of an assingment a 11th grade girl handed in to her, on her Facebook page (minus the students name)...this was a a "do over". The class was reading "Lord Of the Flies". Their assignment was to come up with 10 rules for their society. The original that the girl handed in said, merely, "I love to ride ponies, do you love to ride ponies, Mrs. R?" My friend (Mrs R) told her that the homework she handed in was not acceptable. She would give her one night to do it over, or she would go to the principal, and the girls parents.

I am not clever enough to post the actual image, without giving up my friends Facebook id, but here is the list this girl handed in, for her "do-over"

1- Violators will be B word-slapped

2- If cops arrive, every mother !@#$er for themselves

3- Don't be a c*ck- block

4- If you are going to throw up, you better make sure it is classy as f**k!

5- Drink until they're cute enough...if they are still not doable after shot #6, give up...step away!

6- Don't do anything you don't want tagged on Facebook

7- Toast before shots!

8- Go hard or go home

9- Don't be a boring B**ch!

10- Sleep all day, party all night!

11- Have fun!

Love- K

Could you imagine handing something like that in to a teacher? As it turns out, my friend got her job, in January, because the kids had eaten and spit out the teacher they had at the begining of the year. My friend was not retained for the upcoming school year, because of budget cuts. She probably shouldn't have taken to venting on Facebook about this stuff. She is not docile...I taught for 2 years, way back in the 80's...never again! It is a pretty thankless task. No wonder there are so many bad teachers...good ones should be valued more.

5- Drink until they're cute enough...if they are still not doable after shot #6, give up...step away!

7- Toast before shots!

8- Go hard or go home

11- Have fun!

Love- K

A sorostitute in the making.

And no offense to your friend, but sheesh that's an 11th grade assignment? I remember writing 15 pages about that book in 9th grade.

A friend of mine, who just got a job in January, was excited to get a job in a "good school"... she is an attractive,

30-ish girl. First day in class, her back to the class, she hears a male voice yell "show us your breasts!" Escaleted into "somebody" drawing a penis on her desk a few weeks later. Of course, nobody fesses up, or will snitch on anyone else.

The principle lectures the class, things improve slightly.

But, it is still apparent the level of respect for adults is pretty close to non-existent. My freind posted a copy of an assingment a 11th grade girl handed in to her, on her Facebook page (minus the students name)...this was a a "do over". The class was reading "Lord Of the Flies". Their assignment was to come up with 10 rules for their society. The original that the girl handed in said, merely, "I love to ride ponies, do you love to ride ponies, Mrs. R?" My friend (Mrs R) told her that the homework she handed in was not acceptable. She would give her one night to do it over, or she would go to the principal, and the girls parents.

I am not clever enough to post the actual image, without giving up my friends Facebook id, but here is the list this girl handed in, for her "do-over"

7- Toast before shots!

8- Go hard or go home

11- Have fun!

Love- K

Could you imagine handing something like that in to a teacher? As it turns out, my friend got her job, in January, because the kids had eaten and spit out the teacher they had at the begining of the year. My friend was not retained for the upcoming school year, because of budget cuts. She probably shouldn't have taken to venting on Facebook about this stuff. She is not docile...I taught for 2 years, way back in the 80's...never again! It is a pretty thankless task. No wonder there are so many bad teachers...good ones should be valued more.

Obviously your friend should've watched Dangerous Minds ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112792/ ) before teaching. Then she could've reformed all of the kids and turned them into superstars!

As for the "assignment" -- at least #6 is good advice.

The kids are horrible but I agree with what another person said. That's the bus monitor? She's beyond terrible at her job. Should kids be monsters? No. But if your job is to enforce some sort of order on the bus, DO YOUR JOB.

Edited by John Adams

I saw kids doing this on the bus (city bus) in Rochester in 1986. Nothing has changed since then at least. In those Lord of the Flies moments, cruelty can take over for kids. Kids (teens especially) since weakness and fear and group together to poke it. Mob-think rules the teen mind.

My bus used to stop at a mental hospital and the McQuaid students were incredibly cruel to some of the people.

I think everyone who's gone through school has done some crappy stuff. The difference (I hope) in the past and in this case, is that after getting caught up in the groupthink cruel activity your felt remorse soon after the fact and you knew what you did was wrong. I'm not sure kids these days feel what they do in groupthink phases is wrong.