John Clayton has given us his AFC East Forecast...

I foolishly thought a certain level of exaggeration was implicit in 'seem'. But you're right they haven't gone undefeated vs the other 30 teams or 8-0 vs any division foe in your arbitrarily picked last 4 years (I wonder why you didn't pick the last 2 or 5 or 6 years). Thanks for setting me straight. :rolleyes:

I could have picked 5, but it wouldn't have mattered. If you go back 5, there's just one loss and against a team they wouldn't see until the playoffs (Giants). Regardless, I think going back too far is a skewed view. They and many of their opponents have very different teams the further you go back. Even if you reduced it to the last 3 years, those same 10 games still apply. My simple point is that they're not invincible like everyone wants to perceive them to be at the beginning of the year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 of their games (BAL, BUFX2, DEN, NYJX2, IND, MIAX2, HOU) are against teams that HAVE beaten them just in the last 4 years. "seem to lose to anyone else" is just an incorrect perception and not based on reality.

I get where you're going with this, but are you really putting the 2012 Miami and Indy squads on par with the ones that bested the Pats* in days of yore?

I could have picked 5, but it wouldn't have mattered. If you go back 5, there's just one loss and against a team they wouldn't see until the playoffs (Giants). Regardless, I think going back too far is a skewed view. They and many of their opponents have very different teams the further you go back. Even if you reduced it to the last 3 years, those same 10 games still apply. My simple point is that they're not invincible like everyone wants to perceive them to be at the beginning of the year.

I would agree that 2007 doesn't matter much with respect to 2012. But I think it's probably more relevant (or less irrelevant?) than '08 or '09 when Brady was either not playing, or just coming back from a shredded knee. The last two years are obviously much more relevant than either, a span in which they're 27-5, and haven't lost to Miami, or Baltimore, or Denver, or Houston, or Indy.

Edited by BuffOrange

• 4 months later...