John Clayton has given us his AFC East Forecast...

So the troll that lives under a bridge down the street from me...I mean John Clayton... (sorry Clayton, you look like a troll) has given his most recent forecast of the AFC East this year and it looks like we are making the playoffs. Oh Look and Mr. Walker agrees! :devil:

Not that John Clayton's forecast means anything but I figured it would be another good chance in the off season to make predictions before mini camps have even started!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43694/afc-east-more-or-less

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offseason hype continues - but one thing I really like about this team is that they're acknowledging the hype and using it as a motivational tool. How many times this offseason have we heard players say "we look good on paper but we need to prove it on the field." ?? It's almost a talking point, indicating that it's been a point of emphasis more than once in the team meetings.

Pretty straight forward. Nothing new.

I am not overly concerned with all the hype Buffalo is getting. I do not think they will let it go to their head. Having started 5-2 they know you can never count on anything till you have it in the NFL. This team will be focused and ready to prove everyone right. Gailey being a veteran HC also has seen preseason hype a time or two, and knows it means nothing until you play.

Really when you see this stuff from national guys it is more of a 'tip your hat' to the front office. They went out and mave great moves. Now the coaches and players have to produce.

Pretty straight forward. Nothing new.

I am not overly concerned with all the hype Buffalo is getting. I do not think they will let it go to their head. Having started 5-2 they know you can never count on anything till you have it in the NFL. This team will be focused and ready to prove everyone right. Gailey being a veteran HC also has seen preseason hype a time or two, and knows it means nothing until you play.

Really when you see this stuff from national guys it is more of a 'tip your hat' to the front office. They went out and mave great moves. Now the coaches and players have to produce.

That's pretty much how I have been taking it as well. Every interview I have seen the players will reiterate to the media (and probably themselves) that they haven't proven anything yet. They seem focused and, maybe it is just the beard, but even Gailey looks a little more serious when he is talking. Not that he wasn't serious before.

That's pretty much how I have been taking it as well. Every interview I have seen the players will reiterate to the media (and probably themselves) that they haven't proven anything yet. They seem focused and, maybe it is just the beard, but even Gailey looks a little more serious when he is talking. Not that he wasn't serious before.

It's the beard. Very professorial.

GO BILLS!!!

I take issue with any offseason win/loss predictions--positive or negative--that operate from the standpoint of "this team feels like a ___ win team."

That's BS. I might agree that this year's Bills feels like a 9 win team, because I think there's some validity to the "they are who we thought they were" mentality, but IF YOU ACTUALLY TOOK TIME TO LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE AND CONSIDER EACH OF THE 16 MATCHUPS, they're much more likely to pick up 11 or more wins (yeah, I said it).

Therefore, I refute this blog. Alert the Internet.

I have been unwavering in my prediction......

10-6

First playoffs in 10 years

10-6 may not be good enough to make the playoffs...If NE wins the division tie breakers will decide everything else. Denver, San Diego, Houston, Pittsburg, Baltimore, Kansas City, Tennesse, Cincinnatti, and the Jets all have legit shots at a wild card. The amount of wins will be important but who they are against will be critical as well. They may need to go 5-1 in divisional games with a sweep of the Jets along with wins over two of the following three (Houston, KC and Tenn) to make the playoffs.

I take issue with any offseason win/loss predictions--positive or negative--that operate from the standpoint of "this team feels like a ___ win team."

That's BS. I might agree that this year's Bills feels like a 9 win team, because I think there's some validity to the "they are who we thought they were" mentality, but IF YOU ACTUALLY TOOK TIME TO LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE AND CONSIDER EACH OF THE 16 MATCHUPS, they're much more likely to pick up 11 or more wins (yeah, I said it).

Therefore, I refute this blog. Alert the Internet.

ATTENTION INTERNET: The Big Cat, having given much greater thought on the topic using logic and doing actual research, has concluded that the Bills are much more likely an 11 (or more) win team as opposed to the blog posted by James Walker which has come to it's conclusion by talking about "feelings" and other icky things. Therefor Walker's blog has been officially refuted and may God have mercy on EPSN's AFC East bloggers. They know not what they do.

The internet has been officially alerted. :flirt:

Edited by Van_phelaN1

ATTENTION INTERNET: The Big Cat, having given much greater thought on the topic using logic and doing actual research, has concluded that the Bills are much more likely an 11 (or more) win team as opposed to the blog posted by James Walker which has come to it's conclusion by talking about "feelings" and other icky things. Therefor Walker's blog has been officially refuted and may God have mercy on EPSN's AFC East bloggers. They know not what they do.

The internet has been officially alerted. :flirt:

Thank you. Forward my calls, I got a tee off time with the inventor of music.

got to love the pre-preseason predictions ...

Obviously I am thrilled when someone picks the Bills to be in the playoff mix because that's where any fan of the team sees them right now.

But, before any realistic predictions are made let's see how the preseason plays out throughout the league. Who stays healthy ... who looks old and rusty ... who is ready for prime time!

All that being said ... this is the first year since the mid-1990's when I honestly cannot wait to see this team in a game situation. Every time I think about our front four in action especially on passing downs all I can imagine happening is a total shut down of the opposition.

GO BILLS!!!

10-6 may not be good enough to make the playoffs...If NE wins the division tie breakers will decide everything else. Denver, San Diego, Houston, Pittsburg, Baltimore, Kansas City, Tennesse, Cincinnatti, and the Jets all have legit shots at a wild card. The amount of wins will be important but who they are against will be critical as well. They may need to go 5-1 in divisional games with a sweep of the Jets along with wins over two of the following three (Houston, KC and Tenn) to make the playoffs.

This happened to the Patriots a few years ago. The Matt Cassel year I think. They got 10 wins but it wasn't enough to get a playoff berth.

We went 1-5 in our division last year and we have pretty much the same offensive coaching and personnel as last year, so even though our defense will be better, it's my guess that we can go 3-3 in our division, steal a few road games and get 10 wins overall. Gotta hope that's enough but I don't see us winning any more than that.

Still mad about the back to back west-coast road games, San Fran then Zona. Who is the f#ckin idiot that set THAT up.

Presuming Pats* win the division, if the Bills finish at least 10-6, are 2nd in the East, and have a better record than the 3rd place team in the North, they will make the playoffs. I am confident the 2nd place teams in the South and West will have worse records than 10-6.

Put it in the books.

The offseason hype continues - but one thing I really like about this team is that they're acknowledging the hype and using it as a motivational tool. How many times this offseason have we heard players say "we look good on paper but we need to prove it on the field." ?? It's almost a talking point, indicating that it's been a point of emphasis more than once in the team meetings.

That's fine I guess, but they still have to win. I remember a lot of the same quotes in the Donahoe era after the Spikes/Milloy signings.

The Big Cat and I agree. 11-5. John your off by one. Once they start to roll they will not be stopped. 4-2 in the Div. And you can take that to the bank. Boy I hope I'm right. Lots of stars up there to wish apon.

How do I get off the "Practice Squad"? Always wondered about that.

Presuming Pats* win the division, if the Bills finish at least 10-6, are 2nd in the East, and have a better record than the 3rd place team in the North, they will make the playoffs. I am confident the 2nd place teams in the South and West will have worse records than 10-6.

Put it in the books.

Point well taken. I am not worried about the South as much as I am the West. Jax, Indy and probably Tenn just aren't going to be any good. However KC and Denver might be very good and San Diego will contend as well. If they beat each other up then yes the second place team may be only 8-8 or 9-7. If two of those teams do very well against their NFC opponents they could get to ten wins. I guess I shouldn't count the Raiders out as well. All these teasm could beat each other and the division winner may only be 10-6 or 9-7 but still be a good team.