Being a "Buffalo Guy"

bopper2

Are we allowed to add to this list of requirements? If so I'd like to keep the spirit of this thread.

A Buffalo guy is someone who.....

Still gets tears in his eyes whenever he watches the wide right kick.

Gets back up time after time that he, the franchise or the team gets knocked down (this one is for Tim Russert).

Who never apologizes for being a life long Bills' fan but instead still clings to the ever optimistic hope that someday.....

That raises his children and even though that football is not that important to them they still pull for the Bills and instantly associates them to their old man no matter where they are in this world.

Who takes great pride in whatever small accomplishments the team achieves throughout the decades.

Who gets a big thrill out of seeing HOF greats coming back to the community and supporting and pulling for the franchise just asmuch as the common blue collar guy who bleeds blue day in day out 365 days a year.

I can go on and on but I think that things like makes up a "Buffalo Guy". Matter of fact I know someone like that.

Go Bills!

If knocking up a supermodel disqualifies me from being a Buffalo Guy, then I'd be happily disqualified. :)

EggFNzaclty what the hells? i didn't get that at all... I think thats a man law violation to not want to date a model not a buffalo guy rule i mean who really says that let alone think it...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

To be a "buffalo guy," you need a massive inferiority complex and a massive size complex. You must complain that both professional sports teams are "too small" or "too little" and will never win until they get bigger.

There is no requirement to be a Buffalo guy, and guys that make lists are suspect

*Thumbs up*

Also hope that being a homophobe isn't a requirement of being a "Buffalo guy."

I'll say a Buffalo guy is any man who was born, raised, or otherwise lived in the city of Buffalo; loves the city despite it's faults and is PROUD to call himself a Buffalonian; and treats all of his neighbors with the respect they deserve. That's a "Buffalo Guy" to me.

Over a few bottles at a local adult beverage dispensary with some fiends, the subject of football came up, which led to the topic of Tom Brady. We all agreed that if the Bills had snatched him before the Pats did in the sixth round, no matter what he did on the field, he would never have been considered a "Buffalo Guy". Knocking up super models, building a mega mansion on the left coast, and failing to find suitable lodging for your old man would disqualify him for life.

At this point we set out to define just what it means to be a "Buffalo Guy". Here is what we came up with before we ran out of room on our cocktail napkin.

A Buffalo Guy.......

Does not hide in the mens's room when it's his turn to buy a round. (I'm looking at you, Stosh)

Does not wear bow ties. EVER. Only exception is when you have the misfortune of being in a wedding party.

Does not drape a sweater over his shoulders and tie the sleeves across his chest. Gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Knows all the words to "O Canada".

Thinks snow tires are for sissies.

Makes sure his elderly neighbor's plow pile is cleared before he goes to work.

Knows that it's alley, not lane; gutter not channel; pop not soda; and Thruway, not freeway, because nothing is free in New York.

Knows what it means to "do Chiavetta's".

Knows that 716 has the best summers anywhere.

Lists "Shout" as one of his favorite songs.

Can't give good directions to out of towers because he knows landmarks, not street names. "So, you hang a right at the Old Post Office.....".

Living near and working in Louisville, KY these days, I still get my chomps busted for calling it "pop". Solid list....