Ladanian Tomlinson retired today

LT was the only running back the Jets have had recently that caused any disturbance for defenses... I'm not afraid of Shonne Greene but that other guy they have looks pretty quick. I forgot his name I just know he does damage on special teams kick returns... Oh I believe its Joe McKnight...

Joe McKnight is the name you can't remember. Looks like he could be a good 3rd down back moving forward. Very good special teams player as well. I'm gonna disagree. The Jets running game under Rex Ryan has sucked since they let Thomas Jones walk. Jones is at the end of his career now as well, but on Chicago and on the Jets and for a short time in KC was a monster

Edited by Stealth

Signed a one day contract with the Chargers to retire as a Charger. Will miss seeing him play. who are the RB's for the Jets now?

Doesn't matter who the Jets' RBs are now. They're still projected to go 11-5...and underachieve at 7-9.

I will always remember him for his gutless performance against the Pats in the 2007 AFC Championship game... especially when compared to Philip Rivers who was a warrior that day. Absolutely ridiculous to see Peter King rate him above Thurman in today's MMQB.

I will always remember him for his gutless performance against the Pats in the 2007 AFC Championship game... especially when compared to Philip Rivers who was a warrior that day. Absolutely ridiculous to see Peter King rate him above Thurman in today's MMQB.

Check out the "action figure" i linked that commemorated that great moment.

I loved LT and will miss him. Unbelievable nose for "the hole" and the end zone. Won me numerous FF leagues. ;)

I'll never forget Draft Saturday in 2001 -- I was driving from Los Angeles to San Jose, listening live to some AM station. I was amazed that San Diego got Tomlinson AND Brees -- both of whom are sure to be first-ballot HOFers.

BA

When i think about Ladanian retiring, it makes me realize how special Fred Jackson is physically to be playing at this level (and how quickly a RB can fade after 30). Fred is only like a year younger than Tomlinson. Now i agree that Ladanian has more "mileage" on him but you can't ignore the fact that Fred played 18 games a year in Arena League ball and NFL Europe in his early pro career.

this. I have thought this since then also. When the Chargers needed him, he was no where to be found. Looking like a whining little brat in the sidelines. Not that he wasn't great in his prime but from that game on he has been a joke. Not relied on, not clutch, not worth his reputation. IMO he also tons of help from the offense being based around the running game and quick passing to the RB and the team and offense he played on.

Yeah, because Thurman never quit on his teammates in a big game........