another dog passes

Cugalabanza

This Saturday, my amazing dog Billie had to be put to sleep. I was there with her to the end, holding her in my arms. I’m heartbroken because I miss my beautiful old girl, but I know it was the right thing. Her health had been deteriorating for a while and it was time for her to rest.

For 15 great years she was my best friend and I couldn’t have had a better one. She was the kindest sweetest dog I’ve ever known. She made me feel like Charlie Brown... I was just this shlump of a guy who happened to have the coolest dog in the world. Everybody who met her fell in love with her.

She will be missed. Rest in peace, sweet Billie.

Gringo, I can't even tell you how many hours I've thought about my little guy since I had to put him down in February. I've come to the understanding that all that unconditional love they give us for so many years is not free...there is a small price that we have to pay, and that is the immense pain we feel when they are gone. It is a very fair wage, as most would agree, and a price that most of us would, and will, gladly pay again with another little buddy down the road. But for now, know that you are not alone in your sadness and know that you honored Billie by being strong enough to do the right thing when she needed you to come through for her.

The great people of TBD really helped me through my period of grief, and I hope you find the same comfort in them that I did. Fifteen years for Billie is most certainly a life well-lived...and I will tell you the same thing that people told me when I lost my dog of 16 years...it takes one hell of a great owner, and person, to have a dog make it to such a ripe age. So on that note, great job my friend :)

This Saturday, my amazing dog Billie had to be put to sleep. I was there with her to the end, holding her in my arms. I’m heartbroken because I miss my beautiful old girl, but I know it was the right thing. Her health had been deteriorating for a while and it was time for her to rest.

For 15 great years she was my best friend and I couldn’t have had a better one. She was the kindest sweetest dog I’ve ever known. She made me feel like Charlie Brown... I was just this shlump of a guy who happened to have the coolest dog in the world. Everybody who met her fell in love with her.

She will be missed. Rest in peace, sweet Billie.

I'm sorry buddy. I own two dogs just like her and I can't imagine losing them.

My sincere condolences.