What, no discussion of the latest power rankings?

Rubes

I just do not see the Patriots being ranked #2 at the end of the year. Do they deserve it at the start? Yes, they were the 2nd best team in the NFL. Is it fair? No.

The Patriots have more to proove in 2012 then anyone else.

The Texans will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

I just do not see the Patriots being ranked #2 at the end of the year. Do they deserve it at the start? Yes, they were the 2nd best team in the NFL. Is it fair? No.

After defeating the Bills in the AFC Championship Game? Yeah I could see that.

Pessimist.

I question power rankings in general, but particularly, I think it's a bit silly to put much stock into it before there is a single game played.

This. Power rankings in general "meh"

Power rankings before the season has started "yawn"

We would be the last wild card to make it if everything went according to that. We would also be playing the Ravens wild card weekend. That would be a close game; two great defenses against two offenses with a running game.

how awesome is it that the bills have gone from sucking unimaginably on defense to being a GREAT defense in just one off-season.

i think some people are getting carried away with this team. We are at least 2 stud linebackers away from being good, let alone great.

Philly ahead of the Giants and the 49ers??

Gil Brandt has lost what's left of his mind.

I dunno about that. It is debatable. Philly added some beef to that defense and they will have had a full off-season to work together, something they sorely lacked last year. That defense really came together at the end of the year and adding DeMeco Ryans cannot be overlooked. I don't see why the Giants wouldn't come into the season as number 1 seeing as they won the Super Bowl, but they did lose a couple of offensive weapons in Manningham and Jacobs. The fact that they lost those two to San Francisco, who added some solid pieces to a very, very good team, makes for an even more interesting argument. Those three teams come into the season on a very level playing field and add a ton of intrigue to the NFC.

See, told you it was debatable. I even debated myself on it.

how awesome is it that the bills have gone from sucking unimaginably on defense to being a GREAT defense in just one off-season.

i think some people are getting carried away with this team. We are at least 2 stud linebackers away from being good, let alone great.

Not true. Name some great 4-3 defenses right now that rely on two stud LB's apparently both better than Barnett. Barnett is as good as any 4-3 WIL in the game I can think of. I can see saying the magnitude of the defenses success will rely on sheps play as he is the biggest question mark on paper in this starting rotation, but it sounds like the coaches are sold on him.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I question power rankings in general, but particularly, I think it's a bit silly to put much stock into it before there is a single game played.

That being said.... Woohoo! :D

You want Woohoo?

When I saw this the other day, I did a quick count, and came up with this:

4 of our games are against the top half of the league...according to these rankings.

12 are against the bottom.

4 of our games are against the top 5 teams :(

4 of our games are against the bottom 5 teams :)

8 of our games are against the bottom 10 teams. :)

That's Woohoo.

However, one possible realistic estimate:

1-3 vs the top half of the league,

7-1 vs the bottom 10 teams

2-2 vs the rest.....

and we end up at 10-6. :wallbash: Yes, the dreaded TSW Bills off-season record prediction, 10-6, rears its ugly head, again. :lol:

I dunno about that. It is debatable. Philly added some beef to that defense and they will have had a full off-season to work together, something they sorely lacked last year. That defense really came together at the end of the year and adding DeMeco Ryans cannot be overlooked. I don't see why the Giants wouldn't come into the season as number 1 seeing as they won the Super Bowl, but they did lose a couple of offensive weapons in Manningham and Jacobs. The fact that they lost those two to San Francisco, who added some solid pieces to a very, very good team, makes for an even more interesting argument. Those three teams come into the season on a very level playing field and add a ton of intrigue to the NFC.

See, told you it was debatable. I even debated myself on it.

Everything is debatable!

Anyway, the Giants lost Jacobs--big deal. Their fans will say good riddance to that crybaby who disappeared for whole chunks of the season. Manningham is a loss but someone will fill in.

It comes down to the QB. E Manning is simply orders of magnitude better than Vick, who will never complete another season at QB. Even coaching--as much as Coughlin is under-rated and poorly appreciated by the fans (who twice tired to run him out of town), Andy Reid is the most over-rated HC in modern football history. Herm Edwards was a more savvy game day manager!

Power rankings never make me excited. Wins do. BUT... I do enjoy having my optimism affirmed by NFL experts.

IN recent memory, these detestable media guys, in their preseason predictions, have said the Bills suck. And in general, we have. So I am hoping this time the reverse is true