Spiller a "Changed Man" Says Fitz

Call me a skeptic, but I'm waiting for these guys to back up all the :censored: they're talking. Until they PROVE otherwise, this is still a 6-10 team. Sure, I'm excited about all the new additions, but in my experience, excitement is often the prelude to a letdown.

I'm governing my emotions until we actually start beating people. GO BILLS!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a. It sometimes takes a couple of years for a NFL player to "get it"

and

b. Its a little difficult to be the man when you have a all pro caliber running back in front of you

You need TWO good running backs in this league....lets hope Chan can find the correct way to platoon them that keeps FJ healthy all year and keeps CJ Spiller involved in the offense

Because at some point this year.....we are gonna need CJ to produce....can you feel it?

So you are saying Nix might actually know what he is doing?

Spiller will have a longer career then Peterson. Write it down.

Obviously. Peterson plays and carries the ball a lot. As far as "wear and tare" is concerned, Spiller goes into this season as a rookie still.

If a RB gets little to no carries, his career can last as long as he manages to stay on a roster.

Call me a skeptic, but I'm waiting for these guys to back up all the :censored: they're talking. Until they PROVE otherwise, this is still a 6-10 team. Sure, I'm excited about all the new additions, but in my experience, excitement is often the prelude to a letdown.

Actually, this team is 0-0 since this particular group of players has never taken the field together. Common mistake and I'll let it slide. ;)

I was unaware that discussing the way the team is evolving, the way players and the schemes are growing, and talking about how the new arrivals will fit qualified as talking junk. Sounds to me like they're just talking football and giving the fans some insight.

They also can't beat anybody until September, but if you want to be unhappy for the next three months because of that, have at it.

Edited by biglukes

I thought it was a wasted pick. Maybe because I'm sick of us drafting 1st round RB's, my faith in Fred Jackson, and that Pierre-Paul was best available AND at a huge position of need for us.

Maybe we were just stung from picking Maybin over Orakpo the year before and didn't want to make a mistake like that again for a pass rusher and CJ was so dominant in college it was closer to a sure thing.

Never felt he would be a bust though, just the wrong guy for us at that time.

But hey that's in the past and he's ours now, he works well with Fred and Fitz and adds depth and excitement at a key position.

Yeah because all the scouts/talking heads said how safe a pick JPP was... <_<

He was a raw player that was able to be eased into the best DLine in the league. Even if the Bills did take him, there's no guarantee he'd be the same player for us as he is for the Giants.

Have you guys ever tried to weave a basket? It's really no joke.

Jacked about CJ this year. I am just hoping that Chan can figure out a way to use him and Fred together. Given both of their versatility I think we just might see it.

That's actually a good point. I think weaving a basket would be somewhat difficult and that most of us (myself included) could not do it. Clemson is a good school, graduating in 3 years, I think with a business degree or something to that effect is impressive.

Actually, this team is 0-0 since this particular group of players has never taken the field together. Common mistake and I'll let it slide. ;)

Eureka, we've added some new personnel! -I hadn't noticed ;)

Let's just say that until this "partuicular group of players" lives up to the hype, they will be compared (by me) to the 2011 Bills team that went 6-10. -That's the best deal I can offer at the moment.

I was unaware that discussing the way the team is evolving, the way players and the schemes are growing, and talking about how the new arrivals will fit qualified as talking junk. Sounds to me like they're just talking football and giving the fans some insight.

They also can't beat anybody until September, but if you want to be unhappy for the next three months because of that, have at it.

:lol: We havent made the playoffs in 12 years. Honestly what's another three stinkin' months?

'preciate your concern, but I'll be just fine.

Edited by #34fan

CJ could be the classic case of just being patient with players and developing them.

Having Freddie around to take that pressure off CJ those 1st couple of years might be what is really going to pay dividends down the road

I'd rather have a guy come into his own as a running back in this league going into his 3rd year rather than beginning a production slide, a-la lynch and some other players with high expectations across the NFL.

from all reports, you are in the minority :devil:

Edited by 3rdand12

The unfortunate thing about your argument is that Chris Johnson is or at least was in that same conversation when talking about backs that are the best in the league and CJ was being talked about as his years Chris Johnson. So apparently he was projected to be taken that high. it should also be pointed out that he was potentially the best offensive weapon to come out that season with the exception to QBs. Regardless, when we picked, Chan saw a future star in the making. Regardless if you or anyone likes him or not he is..... 1. On the team now, 2. Played at a very high level after he was given the ball, 3. Had over a 5yrd average with A line that was Freddys backups, 4. Wasn't even used that much considering Chan was so pass happy and we were down most of the games he played in.

I know we never should have drafted him because of our RB situation at the time and of course we all LOVE Freddy. But CJ is a GOOD player regardless if you or others here think so or not.

Spiller is not Chris Johnson. He's nowhere near Chris Johnson. CJ Spiller IMO was not the best offensive weapon (outside QBs) to come out of college that year, that would be Dez Bryant. Dez Bryant fell for obvious reasons but talentwise Dez was much more talented and more touted coming out of college. Even though he had his issues, if it was an offensive weapon we needed, I would've taken my chance with Dez over Spiller any day.

You can say he did well while Fred was out but not really. He struggled A LOT against the Jets which had the 13th ranked rush defense averaging only 2.9 yds per carry. Then he did decent against the 20th, 24th ranked rush defense. The only game i was REALLY impressed with was his game against Miami. He's had good games against mediocre defenses. Sorry I'm still not sold on Spiller and Jackson is STILL the man for the next 2 years or so.

Spiller is not Chris Johnson. He's nowhere near Chris Johnson. CJ Spiller IMO was not the best offensive weapon (outside QBs) to come out of college that year, that would be Dez Bryant. Dez Bryant fell for obvious reasons but talentwise Dez was much more talented and more touted coming out of college. Even though he had his issues, if it was an offensive weapon we needed, I would've taken my chance with Dez over Spiller any day.

You can say he did well while Fred was out but not really. He struggled A LOT against the Jets which had the 13th ranked rush defense averaging only 2.9 yds per carry. Then he did decent against the 20th, 24th ranked rush defense. The only game i was REALLY impressed with was his game against Miami. He's had good games against mediocre defenses. Sorry I'm still not sold on Spiller and Jackson is STILL the man for the next 2 years or so.

Well, hindsight being 20/20 Dez Bryant would be the player I would prefer today as a Bill, Fred still is the man though. CJ had a nice 4 game audition last year. He passed the test and we saw improvement with him running between the tackles (whoever they were at the time). Spiller has shown improvement since being drafted. I have never been entirely convinced that Nix reason for drafting him was to screw over San Diego who also wanted him.

Still,he's a top 10 pick going into year 3 that hardly anyone outside of Buffalo and the AFCE has even heard of.

Here's to hoping that Gailey finally realizes that he has 2 potent running backs.T.Choice should ride the pine unless one of them gets injured.

CJ still has ALOT of work to do. That's okay because he had to play behind Fred. And hells bells there is nothing wrong with that. He will play behind Fred again but his roll will increase. And he is a huge weapon to have. i hope he does not get all hurry up and make me #1. because he will be ready after this season. Hope he stays team focused. come payday he will run to highest bidder imo. hope not

He should consider himself lucky right now. in two 3 year he could be pro bowl on our team. But he aint there yet. just makin good steady progress.

You're high. You did happen to see the OL Spiller was running behind for those last 6 games, right?

I don't get it that folks still want to hate on Spiller; CJ would be the featured back on most NFL teams going into this season. We are incredibly lucky to have both he and Fred in the backfield.