Why Aren't The Leaks Bigger News?

Well, FOX news is the #1 rated television news channel. Nobody watches CNN anymore, barely anyone watches MSNBC, and the "big three" network news telecasts ratings are at historic lows. I am not even sure how we can define what the "MSM" is any more? All of our news sources are slanted one way or another...it seems logical that the average voter goes to the source that is most in tune with their political leanings. It would seem conservatives should feel very confident about November.

Yes network news ratings are all time lows, but they still blow away cable news viewership combined.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question I ask myself every time I see one of these "bash the MSM" threads is; does the OP want to seriously discuss the issue or is the OP just looking for an endless litany of Libs/MSM/BHO/WH BAD posts?

Of course this is PPP, so the answer is obvious.

The question I ask myself every time I see one of these "bash the MSM" threads is; does the OP want to seriously discuss the issue or is the OP just looking for an endless litany of Libs/MSM/BHO/WH BAD posts?

Oh, I see you are above the fray and are capable of passing judgement on my motives. Do you have any thoughts on why the leaks aren't bigger news? My guess is that when a person can't actually answer the question without embarrassing himself, that person will just attack the question. Prove me wrong though, and seriously discuss the issue. The ball is in your court.

Oh, I see you are above the fray and are capable of passing judgement on my motives. Do you have any thoughts on why the leaks aren't bigger news? My guess is that when a person can't actually answer the question without embarrassing himself, that person will just attack the question. Prove me wrong though, and seriously discuss the issue. The ball is in your court.

The results in WI should tell you that a revolution has taken place...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/14/Juan-Williams-Malkin-real-reporter

Don't sweat it, voters don't get their news from the MSM anymore.

Interesting take. Especially considering the first post in this thread was an attempt to dismiss the topic altogether as Fox News propaganda.

You mean like how liberals look endlessly for things to nitpick Bush for?

How big should it be? Would 24/7 coverage on all news media sources be enough? Or would you be criticizing the coverage that you felt wasn't sufficiently critical of the Libs/Dems/WH?

Let's face facts. There is coverage of the leaks or else you would't know about them. Your main complaint is that the coverage isn't sufficiently critical of the groups that you want to see demonized in the MSM.

So the question remains the same. Do you want to discuss the issue or are you only interested in having your view validated by other posters who share your views?

And in answer to your clumsy attempt at a "trap" question: the current level of coverage is adequate unless or until something factual is uncovered which either points to the identity of the "leaker" or a definitive motive for the leaks is factually identified.

Interesting take. Especially considering the first post in this thread was an attempt to dismiss the topic altogether as Fox News propaganda.

And The OP attempted to have a discussion with TNB. I get that. But my question is still valid.

Edited by RI Bills Fan

And in answer to your clumsy attempt at a "trap" question: the current level of coverage is adequate unless or until something factual is uncovered which either points to the identity of the "leaker" or a definitive motive for the leaks is factually identified.

And you think that will happen as long as the MSM sweeps it under the rug? Without MSM putting pressure on Obama the WH will just drag its feet until another Casey Anthony comes along and everyone forgets about it.

And the reply to that post was an attack on the poster instead of a rebuttal of the point raised.

Well, yeah...but if you read that post, NewBills was pretty much begging for it (and what's more, knew he was).

And criticizing 3rdnlng for being a shill is like criticizing the sky for being blue. You must really be bored.

Well, yeah...but if you read that post, NewBills was pretty much begging for it (and what's more, knew he was).

And criticizing 3rdnlng for being a shill is like criticizing the sky for being blue. You must really be bored.

Yeah, I'm sitting in The Buffalo airport waiting for a flight to Philly.

And I changed my reply to acknowledge that TNB wasn't interested in a discussion.

Edited by RI Bills Fan

Well, you certainly agreed with this "shill" in post #12 in this thread.

"Better question: why aren't these leaks causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as the Valerie Plame story?

The answer of course being: the news media in this country's a friggin' joke."

"Better question: why aren't these leaks causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as the Valerie Plame story?

Yeah...how does that make you less of a shill? :unsure:

I don't see much to discuss about the story, frankly. Stuff was leaked. Stuff is always leaked. Should it be? No. But technically - and I said this during the Plame nonsense - if the President decides he wants to "declassify" something by leaking it...I don't see where he doesn't have that prerogative.

And an interesting note I just discovered: the rate of official declassification of classified documents by NARA has slowed down under Obama.

Yeah...how does that make you less of a shill? :unsure:

I don't see much to discuss about the story, frankly. Stuff was leaked. Stuff is always leaked. Should it be? No. But technically - and I said this during the Plame nonsense - if the President decides he wants to "declassify" something by leaking it...I don't see where he doesn't have that prerogative.

And an interesting note I just discovered: the rate of official declassification of classified documents by NARA has slowed down under Obama.

Obama didn't declassify this stuff though:

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/08/4548610/obama-hits-back-against-criticism.html

"WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says he has "zero tolerance" for leaks of classified information and that his administration investigates every such instance.

He stopped short of saying there is a specific investigation under way into the source of recent news stories about U.S. drone strikes against terrorists and cyber-attacks on Iran's nuclear program.

But Obama said that leaks of classified information about national security matters make life harder for him and put American civilians and military in harm's way, and that his administration tries to make sure that sources of such leaks "suffer consequences" for their actions.

"We don't play with that," Obama told reporters in a short news conference in the White House briefing room on Friday."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/08/4548610/obama-hits-back-against-criticism.html#storylink=cpy

Another question: why isn't the deficit causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't GITMO remaining open causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't the rate of homelessness causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't the rate of home foreclosures causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't the rate of unemployment causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

The real answer is these are only shitfest storms when a Republican is in charge - then the media pipes up the band and demands to know why he can't fix all the problems immediately. When a Dem's in charge the high rates are either ignored, or they assure us that the Prez has compassion and can feel the people's pain while he's simultaneously rubbing the media's crotch.

Another question: why isn't the deficit causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't GITMO remaining open causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't the rate of homelessness causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't the rate of home foreclosures causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

Another question: why isn't the rate of unemployment causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as it did in the GW years?

The real answer is these are only shitfest storms when a Republican is in charge - then the media pipes up the band and demands to know why he can't fix all the problems immediately. When a Dem's in charge the high rates are either ignored, or they assure us that the Prez has compassion and can feel the people's pain while he's simultaneously rubbing the media's crotch.

You must be 5 times the shill I am. :rolleyes:

If you honestly cannot understand why the leaks in the Valerie Plame story created a bigger controversy than the current leaks did your partisan blinders way too tight.

Not that anyone expected anything else.

If you honestly cannot understand why the leaks in the Valerie Plame story created a bigger controversy than the current leaks did your partisan blinders way too tight.

Not that anyone expected anything else.

Damn, you are dumb. I don't agree with your premise but you are attributing to me a quote from DCTom. Nice job of reading comprehension.

Okay, I am not sure what you define as a "shitfest', but when I see posts like this, from smart people it makes me realize, more than ever, there are two different realities out there. I suspect I don't get my news from the places that you do...but I read about this stuff every day....every single day...if you aren't seeing it, and apparently you want to, then you aren't looking...