Why Aren't The Leaks Bigger News?

Well, you certainly agreed with this "shill" in post #12 in this thread.

"Better question: why aren't these leaks causing anything NEAR the same shitfest as the Valerie Plame story?

The answer of course being: the news media in this country's a friggin' joke."

According to the bolded and underlined portion of your post above either you were agreeing with Tom or you were accusing Tom of agreeing with you, yet I'm somehow the one with a reading comprehension problem.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the bolded and underlined portion of your post above either you were agreeing with Tom or you were accusing Tom of agreeing with you, yet I'm somehow the one with a reading comprehension problem.

You don't get a do-over. The main focus was that the leaks now are much more serious than the Valerie Plame outing by Richard Armitage.

If you honestly cannot understand why the leaks in the Valerie Plame story created a bigger controversy than the current leaks did your partisan blinders way too tight.

Not that anyone expected anything else.

My guess is that in one, a cute blonde's former desk job was outed. In the other one, a brown doctor will be tortured and will die on jail.

Does that cover it?

You don't get a do-over. The main focus was that the leaks now are much more serious than the Valerie Plame outing by Richard Armitage.

why in the world would I need a do over to point out that you were being disingenuous in your previous post?

And the fact that you feel justified in grading the seriousness of a security leaks by looking at which party holds the keys to the White House at the time that the leak occurred simply provides further proof that your outrage is entirely partisan in nature.

My guess is that in one, a cute blonde's former desk job was outed. In the other one, a brown doctor will be tortured and will die on jail.

Does that cover it?

Yes, if you take the partisan viewpoint and either ignore or deny the fact that the Plame leak appeared as if it might be a calculated political maneuver designed to silence a critic of White House policy on Iraq.

otherwise see above.

why in the world would I need a do over to point out that you were being disingenuous in your previous post?

And the fact that you feel justified in grading the seriousness of a security leaks by looking at which party holds the keys to the White House at the time that the leak occurred simply provides further proof that your outrage is entirely partisan in nature.

You damn fool. You quoted someone else and attributed it to me. Regardless, that's not what I view as important. The security leaks going on now are many and blatantly political besides being very dangerous. The Valerie Plame thing didn't do schit, but it was leaked by Richard Armitage, not someone friendly to the administration. I started this thread with a poke at the media for brushing it under the rug. You are the one making this partisan. I would be upset with this no matter what party was in the White House. You're just making crap up.

You damn fool. You quoted someone else and attributed it to me. Regardless, that's not what I view as important. The security leaks going on now are many and blatantly political besides being very dangerous. The Valerie Plame thing didn't do schit, but it was leaked by Richard Armitage, not someone friendly to the administration. I started this thread with a poke at the media for brushing it under the rug. You are the one making this partisan. I would be upset with this no matter what party was in the White House. You're just making crap up.

If that's anywhere close to accurate then you should be just as outraged over leaks coming from a Republican administration as you are with leaks coming from a Democratic administration. The fact that you're completely comfortable downplaying one while hyping the other speaks volumes.

The drumbeats were beating much louder from the msm during the plame/Bush era than what we are seeing now.

Also, I certainly hope that no one is arguing that the plame leaks was somehow more detrimental to our national security than the risks posed with these leaks.

If that's anywhere close to accurate then you should be just as outraged over leaks coming from a Republican administration as you are with leaks coming from a Democratic administration. The fact that you're completely comfortable downplaying one while hyping the other speaks volumes.

If you can't make the distinction between outing a non undercover CIA agent by someone in the State Department and a systematic leaking of top secret info that makes Obama look good in some eyes, in an election year then you deserve to be on the same team as NB, the self-admitted troll.

If you can't make the distinction between outing a non undercover CIA agent by someone in the State Department and a systematic leaking of top secret info that makes Obama look good in some eyes, in an election year then you deserve to be on the same team as NB, the self-admitted troll.

Wonderful use of rationalization, dramatization, and partisan demagoguery there 3rd, bravo! But when you boil away the B.S. You apparently believe that Leaks only matter when it's an election year and the MSM isn't bashing the guy you want them to.

Wonderful use of rationalization, dramatization, and partisan demagoguery there 3rd, bravo! But when you boil away the B.S. You apparently believe that Leaks only matter when it's an election year and the MSM isn't bashing the guy you want them to.

You haven't addressed anything I've actually said but sure understand how to be obtuse. Regardless, I see you've taken NB's advice and are just trolling.

So wait. We agree that leaks are bad no matter who does them, and no matter when. That still doesn't address the fact that the MSM is barely talking about these leaks, much less bashing Barry over them. Which begs the question "why?" Because we all know the answer.

So wait. We agree that leaks are bad no matter who does them, and no matter when. That still doesn't address the fact that the MSM is barely talking about these leaks, much less bashing Barry over them. Which begs the question "why?" Because we all know the answer.

I told you guys earlier they have more important things to worry about like Ann Romney's horse fetish or the billions of people laid off by Bain. Hell, even today somebody dared to heckle Obama

Then there's the whole Kim & Kanye thing.

Important stuff man. Get your priorities straight

It's because I am too partisan.

If the MSM weren't talking about the leaks you wouldn't know about them. So that part of the question is already answered. The unanswered part is how much should they be talking about this? Would 24/7 non stop bashing of the current administration satisfy you? How about Half of that?

If the MSM weren't talking about the leaks you wouldn't know about them. So that part of the question is already answered. The unanswered part is how much should they be talking about this? Would 24/7 non stop bashing of the current administration satisfy you? How about Half of that?

I think we all know who the "MSM" is. And some talk from them would be appropriate.

The mainstream media has allowed itself to be turned into a public relations firm for the dems and their blind followers. You are a blind follower. Did you know that NBC hadn't reported on the DOJ Fast and Furious program at all until a couple of days ago? That's your MSM for you.