That works, just fire those without seniority

Beerball

Everyone is trying to get a little more. My wife works for a school district in California that wants to cut their teachers pay by 6.5%. They have an almost $20 million surplus. It's only gonna get worse.

Everyone is trying to get a little more. My wife works for a school district in California that wants to cut their teachers pay by 6.5%. They have an almost $20 million surplus. It's only gonna get worse.

Probably because they see they can't afford the long term pension obligation. A 6.5% cut translates to millions of dollars saved when extrapolated over term.

My wife is a principal here in San Diego. And because of the budget cuts she has to lay off better teachers over teachers with more seniority. It doesn't seem fair but that is how the system works. Now if pricipals could fire a bad teacher without going thru so much red tape, the system would be much improved.

It so sad to see as an everyday event, the firing of policeman and teachers.

Seems to be the first thing to go. Yet the corporations with their "personhood", can treat people like numbers, and cast them away like used tin cans. At the same time they have no obligations to the communities that depend on them.

MONEY MONEY MONEY........ MONEY!!! (that song)

No wonder our country is in the tank.

Unless you have cash there is no need to fix anything that doesnt effect you.

My wife is a principal here in San Diego. And because of the budget cuts she has to lay off better teachers over teachers with more seniority. It doesn't seem fair but that is how the system works. Now if pricipals could fire a bad teacher without going thru so much red tape, the system would be much improved.

Ive read somewhere that because of unions this can be a grueling process.