Nashville trip - any advice on what to do there?

erynthered

I have a business trip coming up at the end of the month in Nashville. Will be staying in the district area. Looks like the 29th-2nd.

I've never been there, sooooooooooo any thoughts on food and entertainment? Must see things??

Mooocho grasseasss. :D

Generally no, but wouldnt rule out anything.

The Ryman looks interesting. The Grand Ole Oprey, Nice.

im not a big country fan myself - but still really enjoyed the city.

Ryman wasnt my favorite, but i didnt grow up watching shows on the stage. family enjoyed the tour more than i did

country music hall of fame was cool for the spectacle and some of the stories. if you choose one "country history tour" type of thing, id say go here.

jack whites third man records was cool to go to for a show. not sure it would be interesting otherwise (not sure how much of the venue and studios you can see on a random tuesday, or if you would just be allowed in the record shop portion).

quite a few good music venues in close-ish proximity to downtown. check out a schedule for when your in town.

even just strolling downtown is nice. its a pretty clean strip of bars with a lot going on.

did a few bbq places. all were good, but would have to double check on names of bars, restaurants and such because im blanking on most of them

Edited by NoSaint

im not a big country fan myself - but still really enjoyed the city.

Ryman wasnt my favorite, but i didnt grow up watching shows on the stage. family enjoyed the tour more than i did

country music hall of fame was cool for the spectacle and some of the stories. if you choose one "country history tour" type of thing, id say go here.

jack whites third man records was cool to go to for a show. not sure it would be interesting otherwise (not sure how much of the venue and studios you can see on a random tuesday, or if you would just be allowed in the record shop portion).

quite a few good music venues in close-ish proximity to downtown. check out a schedule for when your in town.

even just strolling downtown is nice. its a pretty clean strip of bars with a lot going on.

did a few bbq places. all were good, but would have to double check on names of bars, restaurants and such because im blanking on most of them

Thanks for the feedback

if you're there on a saturday check out the farmers market - usually some good free live music and local flavor. gotta hit the honky tonks - tootsies and the bars surrounding have live music all day on weekends. for food, there"s a good hole in the wall sushi place downtown and indian place just outside downtown that should be highly rated on yelp. can't remember the names. pretty sure there's a mortons or ruths chris downtown near the hilton..not my thing but predictable quality. a tour of the oprylsand hotel is worth it if your out that way. the gardens and inside creek are very cool and the place is huge and impressive. i also enjoyed the wild horse saloon downtown- decent food and lots going on- (can you 2 step?)owned by gaylords who also own the opryland hotel. often some national acts at the ryman so check out the schedule -mumford was just there. it's pretty small and intimate for the acts they often get. i wouldn't bother with a tour though.

Edited by birdog1960

It's a pretty cool city all around really - has strong music, good food scene, fun bars, lots of history.

What are you into when visiting a new place?

I'll probably take in some of the local music and bar scene. Found these sites that have given me a good feel for the area.

http://drinkingmadeeasy.com/episode-guide/drinking-easy-nashville/

http://wikitravel.org/en/Nashville

Thanks all!!