Transcript Question

I just got a job offer and the employer wants my transcripts. I have a BS and Master's and have never lied about any grade. All that being said, I did take some classes at a community college that i did not do so well in. I am afraid that after the employer sees these grades they'll rescind the job offer. The classes were 100% elective and not part of either one of my degrees and I have very good reasons for not doing well in those classes, but is that something that I should be worried about?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Was the community college listed on your resume... Or just the university/college(s) where you got your BS/masters?

If so... Why did you list the CC knowing the bad grades... The BS/master's should have stood on its own.

And if so... Are they asking for all transcripts... Just give the one's from your BS/master's... Then see if they ask for more... Kinda just nonchalantly forget about the cc transcripts.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What they said.

Your highest degree generally trumps whatever else you've done academically. It probably will not come up. It never did in any interview I ever had anyway. But that's purely anecdotal FWIW.

Have confidence in yourself and project that.

Good luck!

I just got a job offer and the employer wants my transcripts. I have a BS and Master's and have never lied about any grade. All that being said, I did take some classes at a community college that i did not do so well in. I am afraid that after the employer sees these grades they'll rescind the job offer. The classes were 100% elective and not part of either one of my degrees and I have very good reasons for not doing well in those classes, but is that something that I should be worried about?

Do you ever plan on running for political office or becoming the head coach of a major college football or basketball program?

Give 'em what they asked for, transcripts from your undergrad and grad work.

In my experience, they ask for the transcripts just to verify you actually went where you say you did and got your degree. Also, in my experience it's usually the sign of a good company that they go to that length to make sure they're hiring decent people (e.g. people who don't lie about their education.)

I've never seen anyone care about the actual grades. Just verification of the degree. And if they do care about the grades...what Darin said. I wouldn't worry.

You didn't get a degree from this community college where you got bad grades?

Did you put this college on your resume?

If not, you don't need a transcript from them.

If you put this college where you don't have a degree from on your resume, I would question why you are doing that.

Lol. You guys are awesome. I knew I was fretting about this for no reason. I had to ask people who I trust and respect their opinions and turned to the guys on Off The Wall. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

Wait, you trust and respect our opinions? Dear lord, we are in trouble.