Bon Iver's YouTube Session

ajzepp

i like these guys alot...i'm watching the video now..

I never got into his first album, but this video has rekindled my interest for sure...just beautiful music.

I've listened to the 2nd track like four times...I love these vocals with the dual pianos...wow

Edited by ajzepp

Geez, when they try to sing falsetto I can't make out a flipping' word of what they're saying. I'm just getting vague intimations of lyrics. And the stress on the forced pitch makes the vocalization sound terrible. Not many guys can pull that off and sound good --- Plant and Jeff Buckley are the only ones I can think of.

Seriously, leave the high notes for women.

On a side note: I'm still feeling out Melody Gardot's latest. I've heard critics say that you have to listen to an album anywhere from 10 to 20 times before you can really say an album is good... so I'll give it more play. Love the "Amalia" track but the Afro-Caribbean style on much of the rest is a little... I don't know. Then again I didn't like Paul Simon's "Graceland" at first blush and now it's a regular rotation. [shrug]

Edited by UConn James

Just FYI for anyone who is into Bon Iver, the lesser known member in the video, Sean Carey, also has an album out...his stage name is S.Carey

He's got some clips on youtube, as well...

(don't bother watching this, James lol)