Obi the Poodle

ajzepp

Since Poodles are known as the smartest dogs, I'm sure he's thinking "I almost have this human trained how I want him. The dummy just needs a little more work"! :thumbsup:

LOL, without question!

On the next video I'll ask him if he's still enjoying the food that his Uncle Wes turned him on to ;)

What brand do you use?

We went to AvoDerm Naturals awhile back. No corn filler. Rated four stars on dogfoodadvisor.com. it's $39.99 for 26 pounds @ Petsmart ($13 cheaper per bag than at Petco :angry: ).

I was using Natural Balance but have since switched over to Orijen. Obi is sensitive to fillers and such, and his BMs have improved dramatically since switching. He used to really have some issues with his digestion.

I was using Natural Balance but have since switched over to Orijen. Obi is sensitive to fillers and such, and his BMs have improved dramatically since switching. He used to really have some issues with his digestion.

Damn!!! $68 for +- 30 pounds....

Dogfoodadvisor has it as a five-star. I love my dog, but at those prices, I need something more than a wet nose in my face in the morning.

As above, we go with AvoDerm and yeah, you notice a big change in BMs. Our previous guys (also German shorthaired pointers) were on the Big bag of Purina from Sam's because I just didn't put much mind to it back then... and they were usually pretty loose and they had some skin/coat issues. Now I understand why :(:angry: The corn industry has a lot of clout and a lot of product that they want to get rid of, and they'll do it cheap. Unfortunately, many dogs don't react well to corn and it's just junk for their bodies. Anyway, we also supplement with leftover boiled potatoes, some carrots (he loves em!), eggs, drippings/fat from meats, and occasionally put a can of anchovies in there instead of the can mix. Love the standard poodles. Was looking at one b/c of allergies WRT hair shedding/dust, but I was outvoted for our current rascal. Been meaning to get some video of him now that we got this iPad, just haven't gotten around to it....

Damn!!! $68 for +- 30 pounds....

Dogfoodadvisor has it as a five-star. I love my dog, but at those prices, I need something more than a wet nose in my face in the morning.

As above, we go with AvoDerm and yeah, you notice a big change in BMs. Our previous guys (also German shorthaired pointers) were on the Big bag of Purina from Sam's because I just didn't put much mind to it back then... and they were usually pretty loose and they had some skin/coat issues. Now I understand why :(:angry: The corn industry has a lot of clout and a lot of product that they want to get rid of, and they'll do it cheap. Unfortunately, many dogs don't react well to corn and it's just junk for their bodies. Anyway, we also supplement with leftover boiled potatoes, some carrots (he loves em!), eggs, drippings/fat from meats, and occasionally put a can of anchovies in there instead of the can mix. Love the standard poodles. Was looking at one b/c of allergies WRT hair shedding/dust, but I was outvoted for our current rascal. Been meaning to get some video of him now that we got this iPad, just haven't gotten around to it....

It's pricey, but he loves it and honestly it's more for me than it is for him. About every few months, he'd have a reaction and start getting a whole lot of gas and loose stool. There were many, many times he'd either wake me up while I was trying to get daytime sleep in between 12 hr night shifts at the hospital and/or need to go out multiple times in a short period. From time to time he would even have a little blood in his stool. The vet recommended a bland diet, but the stuff they sold was a real hassle. I order this Orijen stuff off Amazon...it shows up at my front door and he makes beautiful, formed stools time after time. He really hasn't had any sort of bowel issue in over two years now, and considering the alternative it's a true blessing...and a bargain lol.

Obi focus!

He's determined to get this trick down! :D

The force is strong with this one.

That it is, my friend...I knew his midichlorian count must be pretty high when he graduated from potty training in about four days :thumbsup: I'll never forget the first time I didn't know where he went as a pup, and my ex-wife pointing out that he was sitting right next to the back door waiting to go out. I was a proud papa :)