Today's PC story

I know, I know... Don't get me started on that... AND ALSO that bully Mayor Rahm. If somebody questions where the Mayor sends his kids, he get in that person's face... "How dare them."

I really think the higher ups should send their kids to public school before the working slob has to... In Chicago, even in Ravenswood... How important would that be for the community!

One of the guys I work with, white guy late 40s to early 50s grew up somewhere in Georgia and his father was some kind of school administrator during their de-segregation and school busing phase. His family had the means to send him to private school but his father refused to on the grounds that he couldn't expect others to accept what he was not willing to do himself

I heard LA public school's are awful. If you lived in Buffalo and your kid is smart enough, they could attend one of the best schools in the country, City Honors like I did. It's a great school and it's free.

I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. GO CENTAURS!!

One of the guys I work with, white guy late 40s to early 50s grew up somewhere in Georgia and his father was some kind of school administrator during their de-segregation and school busing phase. His family had the means to send him to private school but his father refused to on the grounds that he couldn't expect others to accept what he was not willing to do himself

I agree... Good examples start from the top and work on down. I just can't see how a guy like Rahm expects people to trust Chicago Public Schools and the he sends his kids to well-connected privates like the Latin School. No wonder the people below have a messed up sense too. YES, where he sends his children should be fair game... He's the mayor!

...never seen a toll booth w/ out a tv... :)

LOL!

Mobile devices nowadays... I do catch TV from time to time... Got 2,4, and 7 @ work... BUT strictly for news and weather! Back in the day, the old timers were the worst... Especially during the Bay Watch era! And at my job in the summer, it is basically real-time Bay Watch! I guess some can't get enough!

Speaking of mobile devices... I love the AiS apps now... You team that tech up with Google Earth and you can see all the marine traffic going on in the world, in real time.... It is incredible the amount of trade say in Indonesia, China... Even in the Gulf....

30k? You really are out of touch! More like 6k to send both my son and daughter for a year of private school... Now that my son's going into highschool... My daughter will cost 3k next year... Tutition at high school is about 10 grand, but he is getting the full ride if he keeps his grades up.

30k? Are you kidding? What neighborhood do you live in... Try 3 grand Mr. OutOfTouch.

The good private schools here in CT are $30K a year. If it cost only $3K (can't see how a school could make it work for $3K a student), I'd send my kids in a heartbeat. But I chose my town because of the excellent public school system.

Anyway, just make sure sonny takes a small salary when he gets a job. You wouldn't want him becoming one of those 1%ers and/or gouging people.

“You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here,” the heckler said. “This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”

“They got something you tell them to say! It’s ridiculous! It’s sad, sad, sad. Y’all are going to burn in hell! You all burn in hell! Shame on you! Shame on you!”

youtube.com/watch?v=_X3Hkx-Liwk

“You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here,” the heckler said. “This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”

“They got something you tell them to say! It’s ridiculous! It’s sad, sad, sad. Y’all are going to burn in hell! You all burn in hell! Shame on you! Shame on you!”

There are few things more embarrassing than an older guy with sleeve tattoos and a goofy flat-rimmed baseball hat trying to sound like a young gangsta.

Brutal.