Today's PC story

Funny how many self-anointed 'open-minded progressives' are really just ignorant lemmings who have completely forgotten the whole concept of the USA as a melting pot of cultures. I thought the whole point was to include those immigrants into the American fabric, not highlight that they should be considered strangers in this country.

You have nothing to worry about then. Wait, your child attends private school?

Yes... Both children having been going private since day one. My son even got a full academic scholarship to private high school (Marian Catholic... That is where Rodney Harrison and John Holecek played high school football... Okay, maybe that douchebag Harrison is a bad example of somebody famous!).

My son no doubt got the talent from his mother!

First, you can be so open minded and tolerant, that ironically you become intolerant of personal freedoms that include being close minded and dooshy.

Second, I saw Greenword live at a charity event. I really don't care for that song in the least. However I get choked up when I hear the Banner....

I have no idea why a patriotic song in one of the UNITED STATES would offend someone?

Yes... Both children having been going private since day one. My son even got a full academic scholarship to private high school (Marian Catholic... That is where Rodney Harrison and John Holecek played high school football... Okay, maybe that douchebag Harrison is a bad example of somebody famous!).

My son no doubt got the talent from his mother!

So wait, you spend $30K a year on private school, but spending $12K on your and your family's health care is unconscionable? You have some real messed-up priorities, EII. Suffice it to say I've heard all I need to hear. Just make sure that whatever your son does, he makes a small salary. You wouldn't want him to be gouging anyone now, would you?

I'd sell oranges on a freeway off-ramp before I'd let my child attend a public school.

I heard LA public school's are awful. If you lived in Buffalo and your kid is smart enough, they could attend one of the best schools in the country, City Honors like I did. It's a great school and it's free.

I heard LA public school's are awful. If you lived in Buffalo and your kid is smart enough, they could attend one of the best schools in the country, City Honors like I did. It's a great school and it's free.

God that drives me nuts. It ain't free. Someone's paying for it.

I heard LA public school's are awful.

They ARE awful. Unless you're a teacher. Then they're amazing.

LA Unified School District is horribly corrupt. Where I live in Orange County, many of the schools are very highly rated. But we still wouldn't go there. My son was in first grade this past year and much of his curriculum doesn't get covered in CA public schools until 3rd grade.

So wait, you spend $30K a year on private school, but spending $12K on your and your family's health care is unconscionable? You have some real messed-up priorities, EII. Suffice it to say I've heard all I need to hear. Just make sure that whatever your son does, he makes a small salary. You wouldn't want him to be gouging anyone now, would you?

30k? You really are out of touch! More like 6k to send both my son and daughter for a year of private school... Now that my son's going into highschool... My daughter will cost 3k next year... Tutition at high school is about 10 grand, but he is getting the full ride if he keeps his grades up.

30k? Are you kidding? What neighborhood do you live in... Try 3 grand Mr. OutOfTouch.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

30k? You really are out of touch! More like 6k to send both my son and daughter for a year of private school... Now that my son's going into highschool... My daughter will cost 3k next year... Tutition at high school is about 10 grand, but he is getting the full ride if he keeps his grades up.

30k? Are you kidding? What neighborhood do you live in... Try 3 grand Mr. OutOfTouch.

Maybe he was basing his assessment on the tuition at the kind of private school a regular guy and champion of public education would send his kids

Maybe he was basing his assessment on the tuition at the kind of private school a regular guy and champion of public education would send his kids

I know, I know... Don't get me started on that... AND ALSO that bully Mayor Rahm. If somebody questions where the Mayor sends his kids, he get in that person's face... "How dare them."

I really think the higher ups should send their kids to public school before the working slob has to... In Chicago, even in Ravenswood... How important would that be for the community!