Buffalo resident says "the unthinkable"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Playing devils advocate ) what is he saying ..... that he doesn't want his neighbood to end up like the east side ?

PS- I in no way condone nor support arson or racism.

I guess that's what he is saying. But to say black people moving into neighborhood suddenly turns your community into the east side is ludicrous.

Is there a link to where the liberals went crazy? I only see a link to where a few black people said they shouldn't be judged by skin color. Where are the liberals? Where is the crazy? Please provide a link.

I think he was playing it out in his own mind, imagining "liberals go crazy"

Why is that unthinkable? I had kids on hockey teams growing up from South Buffalo who were openly racist, and so were their parents. To hear some of those people are still racist is not a suprise at all.

To suggest Skin Color along brings down property values is baseless. To say that people of poor socio economic means who do not value their property nor anothers', then you have a valid point. But poor white people can screw up a house just as bad as the black ones.... just look at my neighbors house.... it looked back when it was in foreclosure, he made it look worse outside....

So Dave, I take it your call-in appearance didn't go as you planned?

Shouldn't the bigger story be how people who live in $40k home neighborhoods are worrying that their home prices will drop to the $20k's, yet the national home price average is $145k?

Shouldn't Buffalo's average home price of $50k be the bigger picture in every story?

So Dave, I take it your call-in appearance didn't go as you planned?

Shouldn't the bigger story be how people who live in $40k home neighborhoods are worrying that their home prices will drop to the $20k's, yet the national home price average is $145k?

Shouldn't Buffalo's average home price of $50k be the bigger picture in every story?

Some people are in denial and what to blame others for their problems. Places like Lovejoy and many parts of Lovejoy are crapholes. They run down the property values themselves. Many minorities have moved into Amherst/ Williamsville and those neighborhoods are just fine. Often the most racist people are the poorest ones.

Often the most racist people are the poorest ones.

I though the most racist people were the ones who don't like the president.

Angela Rye, Executive Director of the Congressional Black Caucus, argued that President Obama has struggled during his first term due to racially-motivated opposition from conservatives who dislike having a black president.

"This is probably the toughest presidential term in my lifetime," Rye said during CSPAN's Q&A yesterday. "I think that a lot of what the president has experienced is because he's black. You know, whether it's questioning his intellect or whether or not he's Ivy League. It's always either he's not educated enough or he's too educated; or he's too black or he's not black enough; he's too Christian or not Christian enough. There are all these things where he has to walk this very fine line to even be successful."

She said that "a lot" of conservative opposition is racially-charged, citing the use of the word "cool" in an attack ad launched by Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS superPAC.

"There's an ad, talking about [how] the president is too cool, [asking] is he too cool? And there's this music that reminds me of, you know, some of the blaxploitation films from the 70s playing in the background, him with his sunglasses," Rye said. "And to me it was just very racially-charged. They weren't asking if Bush was too cool, but, yet, people say that that's the number one person they'd love to have a beer with. So, if that's not cool I dont know what is.

She added that "even 'cool,' the term 'cool,' could in some ways be deemed racial [in this instance]."

Just embarrassing.

I love it. This can be a new drinking game. Take any criticism of the current POTUS and find a racial angle of why that criticism is invalid.

BTW, why does everything a half black/ half white person does turn into a racial discussion? It's so lazy.

BTW, why does everything a half black/ half white person does turn into a racial discussion? It's so lazy.

Who are the first people to cry racism on any criticism of Obama? Read the body of work here over the past 3+ years. How much criticism is of him being incompetent at his job because he wasn't ready for the job vs anything resembling racism?

Who are the first people to cry racism on any criticism of Obama? Read the body of work here over the past 3+ years. How much criticism is of him being incompetent at his job because he wasn't ready for the job vs anything resembling racism?

Has incompetent been declared a race yet?

I hate the incompetents! They keep driving down my property values!?

To suggest Skin Color along brings down property values is baseless. To say that people of poor socio economic means who do not value their property nor anothers', then you have a valid point. But poor white people can screw up a house just as bad as the black ones.... just look at my neighbors house.... it looked back when it was in foreclosure, he made it look worse outside....

Then why does Prince Georges County (richest black community in the country and probably the world) regularly have more murders than West Virginia (probably the poorest white area in America) despite having less than half the poulation? PGC had 151 murders in 2009 while West Virginia had 84. And PGC median household income is around 90K and West Virginia is around 38K.

Then why does Prince Georges County (richest black community in the country and probably the world) regularly have more murders than West Virginia (probably the poorest white area in America) despite having less than half the poulation? PGC had 151 murders in 2009 while West Virginia had 84. And PGC median household income is around 90K and West Virginia is around 38K.

Really? Just straight up going with racist today? No hinting at it anymore?