Awesome graduation speech to students

That speech is in bad taste. Congratulate the kids for graduating and passing this milestone. These kids are going out into the world to compete for jobs etc. they will find out soon enough where they are on the totem pole.

At the same time, though, a lot of them are going to fancy-shmancy liberal arts colleges to be coddled some more. Many of them will end up with useless degrees and won't be able to find a job. Then, they'll whine about how they wasted their precious time and money when all that needed to happen was for them to wake up and realize that a BA in Womyn's Studies that they did an hour of work on every week doesn't qualify them for ****.

Not that this guy's speech probably made any difference, but hey, he tried.

At the same time, though, a lot of them are going to fancy-shmancy liberal arts colleges to be coddled some more. Many of them will end up with useless degrees and won't be able to find a job. Then, they'll whine about how they wasted their precious time and money when all that needed to happen was for them to wake up and realize that a BA in Womyn's Studies that they did an hour of work on every week doesn't qualify them for ****.

High-class table dancer?

:thumbsup:

Not that this guy's speech probably made any difference, but hey, he tried.

Have you seen Womyn's Studies majors? :sick:

I had a friend who signed up for Womyn Studies, not what he expected. :oops:

What is this 'Womyn' business all about? :unsure:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked it up...some people, yeesh.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

That speech is in bad taste. Congratulate the kids for graduating and passing this milestone. These kids are going out into the world to compete for jobs etc. they will find out soon enough where they are on the totem pole.

I disagree. I don't really consider graduating high school a "milestone" either under most circumstances. I think it's good to get a little kick in the ass. I know I had an over inflated sense of my self coming right out of high school. Like it was just some formality to go through college and onto success. I think we'd all agree that in reality it's much harder. Even my sister whose only a few years younger than I am has a little bit of the coddled/spoiled attitude. Like just because you have a 4 year degree you will walk right into some 100k a year job. I really do think it's a problem with the upcoming generation and this is coming from someone who is not even 30!

What is this 'Womyn' business all about? :unsure:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked it up...some people, yeesh.

Just adds to my hypothesis that feminists hate women and femininity.

But that discussion is for another thread/another day.

I disagree. I don't really consider graduating high school a "milestone" either under most circumstances.

This.

Look at high school today. Is it really that big of a hurdle to graduate? I know some kids who graduated high school with me who couldn't pass the GED exam when they walked across the stage.