The Official Euro 2012 thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have been praying for Sweden to exit with 0 points if I were you :devil:

In my life time I don't believe I've ever seen a big tournament where Italy faced England. Will be interesting to watch and, given that I didn't think this squad was experienced enough to go far, I'd be content with any result.

It will be interesting to see what approach Prandelli takes? Stick with the impressive 3-5-2 that seems to make the midfield more in sync or the 4-3-1-2 that worked well with the Irish.

I would start Di Natale and Cassano again and bring Balotelli in the second half.

Edited by meazza

SO NO ONE IS GOING TO MENTION THE DISALLOWED GOAL?!?!

jk whatever - there was a missed offside call too, right? Then again, there are missed offsides every game and that's accepted as part of the game.

Yeah I'm the guy who said he didn't want replay. I changed my mind. If you're going to go so far to put a guy on the goal line for the sole purpose of determining whether or not the ball crossed the line and the guy can't do it- what more of an argument do you need for the use for video? The technology is literally in place! There are multiple cameras right there already.

I'm mad about that, but not nearly as mad as Ukraine not being able to capitalize on one of the many chances they had- in the first half especially.

Sheva should've came in the minute Rooney scored. The rest of the squad was exhausted by the time they got him in.

Rooney's goal was lucky. Two deflections kept the keeper from snuffing that out. Gerard did roast his man tho, so I'm more mad about that.

All in all a good game by England- I'll tip my hat to them. Their strategy of letting Ukraine tire themselves out worked. I only wonder if there was any momentum to be gained if Milevskiy's goal was allowed.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:

SO NO ONE IS GOING TO MENTION THE DISALLOWED GOAL?!?!

jk whatever - there was a missed offside call too, right? Then again, there are missed offsides every game and that's accepted as part of the game.

Missed calls in general are an accepted part of the game. Yeah, the no-call sucks for Ukraine, but us Three Lions fans have no sympathy. AJ can tell you all about that, though.

Missed calls in general are an accepted part of the game. Yeah, the no-call sucks for Ukraine, but us Three Lions fans have no sympathy. AJ can tell you all about that, though.

I remember last WC when England wuz robbed too, so I don't expect any sympathy from your side.

I accept the missed call but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

At least I can look forward to some great matchups. No doubt Italy v England will be entertaining and Spain v France could be special, although France looked dull today as far as I can tell from the limited highlights.

I would start Di Natale and Cassano again and bring Balotelli in the second half.

I thought Balotelli was injured? (resisting the urge...)

I thought Balotelli was injured? (resisting the urge...)

Oh, did he injure himself when he did that spectacular goal?

I am scared of what he is capable of. He can be a big idiot most of the time though.

Lining up for a Portugal - Germany semi-final (unless Greece shocks the world yet again).

I'm pretty sure Germany and Portugal can only meet in the finals. After we lay waste to Greece, we play the winner of Italy/England I think.

I'm pretty sure Germany and Portugal can only meet in the finals. After we lay waste to Greece, we play the winner of Italy/England I think.

You are correct sir.

Since Ukraine is out I'm pulling for Germany to win it all. I mean, I was anyway since I picked them in my bracket, but now they have my full support FWIW.

In other news from the world of Flap, earlier I saw a tweet that gave me a chuckle: You can take Ukraine out of the tournament, but you can't take the tournament out of Ukraine. :P

You're right. My bad.

Wouldn't you enjoy the Italy-Germany rematch eh Aj???

You are correct sir.

Since Ukraine is out I'm pulling for Germany to win it all. I mean, I was anyway since I picked them in my bracket, but now they have my full support FWIW.

In other news from the world of Flap, earlier I saw a tweet that gave me a chuckle: You can take Ukraine out of the tournament, but you can't take the tournament out of Ukraine. :P

Michael Ballack made an interesting point on the broadcast today...he said that he expected Germany to have more of a mixture of starters and reserves, whereas to date it's been primarily the starting 11 that have gotten nearly all of the playing time. Clearly that indicates solid confidence on the part of the coach, so I feel pretty good about that. I don't think Greece needs to even show up tomorrow, but the following match will certainly be of interest!

Meazza: I think it would be a lot of fun to have Germany and Italy meet...I'd watch every second of that one :)

Edited by ajzepp

Michael Ballack made an interesting point on the broadcast today...he said that he expected Germany to have more of a mixture of starters and reserves, whereas to date it's been primarily the starting 11 that have gotten nearly all of the playing time. Clearly that indicates solid confidence on the part of the coach, so I feel pretty good about that. I don't think Greece needs to even show up tomorrow, but the following match will certainly be of interest!

Meazza: I think it would be a lot of fun to have Germany and Italy meet...I'd watch every second of that one :)

Be careful. Every team is dangerous once they hit the quarters.

I would look forward to Italy vs Germany but right now I'm focusing on England (as if it matters who I focus on :lol:).