Civil War Worries in Syria?

What's up with the thinking that civil war may break out in Syria?

How will civil war be different from the eighteen month-long series of battles currently in place?

Will officially designating the conflict as a civil war qualify Syria for aid from the US?

Will the UN members collectively wring hands in a different direction?

'splains it to me....

What's up with the thinking that civil war may break out in Syria?

How will civil war be different from the eighteen month-long series of battles currently in place?

Will officially designating the conflict as a civil war qualify Syria for aid from the US?

Will the UN members collectively wring hands in a different direction?

'splains it to me....

No 'splaining necessary. You dun figur'd it out yerself

i think russia is coming around to the realization that assad is no longer viable. both russia and iran have offered asylum. russia will probably back of if they can be assured of provisions for a new gov't that is friendly to them unlike most of the remaining middle east. tough to pull off but that's what needs to happen and likely will. both iran and russia are included in annan's newly proposed talks.

i think russia is coming around to the realization that assad is no longer viable. both russia and iran have offered asylum. russia will probably back of if they can be assured of provisions for a new gov't that is friendly to them unlike most of the remaining middle east. tough to pull off but that's what needs to happen and likely will. both iran and russia are included in annan's newly proposed talks.

You may want to update your theories.

And about that fresh start with Putin ...

You may want to update your theories.

And about that fresh start with Putin ...

yeah,well, helicopter gunships are a lot cheaper than negotiating and then propping up a puppet new leader. i'm betting assad's goin down..this is a hail mary bet by putin.

yeah,well, helicopter gunships are a lot cheaper than negotiating and then propping up a puppet new leader. i'm betting assad's goin down..this is a hail mary bet by putin.

'Specially when you've just got old ones laying around, like the Russians probably do.

My pet theory is: Putin would rather work with a maniac like Assad who nevertheless gets things done, than the bunch of debating-society do-nothing functional morons at the UN.

'Specially when you've just got old ones laying around, like the Russians probably do.

My pet theory is: Putin would rather work with a maniac like Assad who ]nevertheless gets things don, than the bunch of debating-society do-nothing functional morons at the UN.

yes, no doubt putin's read "the prince" but machievelli ended up a loser begging for the medici's mercy. putin? one can certainly hope.

yes, no doubt putin's read "the prince" but machievelli ended up a loser begging for the medici's mercy. putin? one can certainly hope.

I make a backhanded comment that the UN is more useless than a brutal dictator, and you take it seriously.

You really are an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

Syria shot down a Turkish fighter jet.:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/23/us-syria-crisis-turkey-gul-idUSBRE85M03G20120623

So, have you ever spent time in a in a Turkish fighter jet?

Okay, now that that's out of the way.

Turkey is a member of NATO. Attack on one is an attack on all.

Archduke Ferdinand moment maybe?

According to Turkey, the jet overflew Syrian airspace. That hardly constitutes a Syrian attack on Turkey.