Best athlete ever ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Jordan will always top my list of greatest athletes but I think some honorable mentions go to:

1. Hershel Walker

2. That Karelin guy who didn't lose a wrestling match for like 15 years

3. And the only person to successfully outrun 3 angles in a single play, Michael Vick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFaPFXLK3ZE

Edited by Juror#8

This guy was a monster when he played

youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UCGlk

yeah he's impressive, but doesn't anyone else think there've been several NFL FBs and even some LBs that would look as good in that setting? Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Larry Czonka, Steven Jackson, Brandon Jacobs, Junior Seau? Honestly I just think you're seeing an NFL-quality athlete in Rugby, call me a snob in "our" sport, I am, but still I've seen a number of guys on his level.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

yeah he's impressive, but doesn't anyone else think there've been several NFL FBs and even some LBs that would look as good in that setting? Jamal Lewis, Jerome Bettis, Larry Czonka, Steven Jackson, Brandon Jacobs, Junior Seau? Honestly I just think you're seeing an NFL-quality athlete in Rugby, call me a snob in "our" sport, I am, but still I've seen a number of guys on his level.

You're not a snob, I always wonder who (from both sports) could do what in either sport. I will pitch the idea to HBO.

1) Known for baseball

2) All American in Football at UCLA

3) National Champion in Track at UCLA

4) Played on the basketball team

Jackie Robinson....

Winner.

O'Malley was very careful when selecting Robinson to break the color barrier.