Woman takes baby out of car seat

Strikes me that the kid's in less danger than strapped in a child seat with an unsecured gas can in the cabin.

Dumb law anyway. If riding outside of car seats were as dangerous at that age as people would like to think, most of us would have died before adolescence.

Strikes me that the kid's in less danger than strapped in a child seat with an unsecured gas can in the cabin.

Dumb law anyway. If riding outside of car seats were as dangerous at that age as people would like to think, most of us would have died before adolescence.

True,never heard of a kid tipping over and catching fire.

"Besides not wearing seat belts, people were also angry about the gas can. Even if it was empty, people worried the boy was being exposed to toxic fumes."

I think if you look close enough at the can... It is a "newer" ventless one... Look at the locking nozzle. People on both sides are dumb...

I hate those new cans... Like the old vented cans better, less juggle alug, gurgling a drip into what you are pouring!

I agree with Tom... At least the kid's got a fighting chance... To stop, drop and roll! ;)

I know the picture is damming and looks bad... But, think a good lawyer could fight it? I know, what a dumb thing to do... I would love to see arguments on both sides... I am sure the argumnents can me made.

Say the car does get in a wreck and that can explodes. The kid is ejected 50 feet away from the burning vehicle... The other way around, you know the can is not gonna go flying out the window, it is gonna tip and spew gasoline all over the vehicle and trapped occupants that need a few extra seconds to disconnect or cut their belts?

Yet, there was a 14 year old in the front passenger seat... Can't the driver put the fuel can on the floor there and tell the 14 year old to stablize it with their feet? Is that bad? Sure like sitting on a bomb... But you already are anyway!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't understand, with the cost of gas today, that can of gas is almost worth the same amount as a life!

Is it that difficult to put the can in the trunk? Those cans when full don't tend to roll over very easily if your not driving like your in the Indy 500 or drifting around corners. I have driven with gas cans sitting on the floor of my vehicle and never had one roll on me. People also act like gasoline is such a volatile gas that could explode so easily. Gas is more flammable then explosive, it needs to be under alot of pressure and be hit with a spark to explode. its not like teh movies where gas tanks will cause a huge explosion that destroys the car. My first fear would be the tank spilling and catching fire, second would be the fumes getting out and making me dizzy, and lower down the list would be the tank exploding

Those cans are a PITA, I bought 2, a larger one for my mower gas, and a smaller one for the mixed fuel needed for my trimmer and didn't realise they had those stupid nozzles that are enviro friendly and cause less spillage. I could never get them to work so recently I just broke off the end piece and theres now just a tube spout to pour from. Works much better

I know the picture is damming and looks bad... But, think a good lawyer could fight it? I know, what a dumb thing to do... I would love to see arguments on both sides... I am sure the argumnents can me made.

The kid put the gas can in and buckled it up? I can't quite tell, but it also looks like he's wearing a seat belt. That's a whole hell of a lot for a kid that age to do unnoticed. I don't think they would stand a chance even with a good lawyer.

The kid put the gas can in and buckled it up? I can't quite tell, but it also looks like he's wearing a seat belt. That's a whole hell of a lot for a kid that age to do unnoticed. I don't think they would stand a chance even with a good lawyer.

You are totally right... My 14 year old boy goes to mow lawns... I drop him off with the gas can... He rides up front in the passenger seat of the Jeep with can on the floor... I just tell to make sure it doesn't tip... Keep his feet on both sides of it.... It is an older can with vent.

I should just get the jerry can for the spare tire... But that would look gay.

Then again... I shouldn't be supplying the gas for his work! Man the kid has got it good! Nice business model!

Those cans are a PITA, I bought 2, a larger one for my mower gas, and a smaller one for the mixed fuel needed for my trimmer and didn't realise they had those stupid nozzles that are enviro friendly and cause less spillage. I could never get them to work so recently I just broke off the end piece and theres now just a tube spout to pour from. Works much better

I hate the "enviro" friendly ones as well. I'm highly considering your technique of modification.

I hate the "enviro" friendly ones as well. I'm highly considering your technique of modification.

Hang on to the old ones as gold! Actually, you can find the old cans around a gargage sale or so cheap... But then those are getting hard to find.

Unless you go the heavy duty industrial type cans... But they are bigger bucks and weight God awful heavy.