Red Solo Cup

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard where he had to be convinced to do the song he thought it was too dumb to be a hit.

I've been told that you can never go wrong overestimating the intelligence of the masses.

Present company excluded of course.

Why would any musician record a song that they called "the stupidest song I have ever heard in my life?"

It is Toby Keith. Him, alan jackson, keith urban, and some guy I forgot killed country music. They pander to the morons of the genre. They destroyed it. I used to only listen to country then one day realized wtf is this **** they're playing nowadays? I love ALL country pre 02.

It is Toby Keith. Him, alan jackson, keith urban, and some guy I forgot killed country music. They pander to the morons of the genre. They destroyed it. I used to only listen to country then one day realized wtf is this **** they're playing nowadays? I love ALL country pre 02.

That's a genre I don't nor ever knew. The closest I get is Bluegrass.

It is Toby Keith. Him, alan jackson, keith urban, and some guy I forgot killed country music.

Kenny Chesney? Blake Shelton? Brad Paisley?

Never have been a country fan myself but my in-laws are so I have to hear it when I visit. I did go see Garth Brooks once at Carrier Dome.

Never have been a country fan myself but my in-laws are so I have to hear it when I visit. I did go see Garth Brooks once at Carrier Dome.

I don't know much about country, but I'm guessing that's who he meant.

I do like all the little hotties they keep cranking out though. Pop music is way behind that curve.

We have country on and off in the car, home, etc, and there is some good country music, but it has become increasingly difficult to hear a difference between country and pop music. Sirius has a great station called Outlaw Country, and in addition to giving you some great old "Willie, Waylon and the boys," they play some newer stuff that is truer to the old country sound.

"Red Solo Cup" (which I do get a chuckle out of) reminds me of a comment made by an old rocker, who said while fame and fortune are great, the unsung Holy Grail for a musician is having their song become a anthem, preferably a sports anthem (i.e. "Crazy Train" or "Who Let the Dogs Out.) "Red Solo Cup" will certainly be a college anthem that will make Toby Keith a lot of money for a lot of years.

Why would any musician record a song that they called "the stupidest song I have ever heard in my life?"

Are country music crowds known for their deep thinking? I also hated country music but lately, I've gotten into it a little more. Hot girls love country because it's not really talking about much except drinking and hanging out. Great summer music.

We have country on and off in the car, home, etc, and there is some good country music, but it has become increasingly difficult to hear a difference between country and pop music. Sirius has a great station called Outlaw Country, and in addition to giving you some great old "Willie, Waylon and the boys," they play some newer stuff that is truer to the old country sound.

Dear Lord, I think we just found some common ground. :o

I think I liked it better when you were a booger-eatin' moron.

I love real country music...the rest you can have. Probably the only contemporty main-stream country acts I like is George Strait, Dwight Yoakam...but I will take Merle Haggard, George Jones, or Willie over any of these other clowns...

That said, there are some terrific artists doing coutry music....there are just few places for them to be heard. People like Keith Urban, who dominate the country charts are really just playing light-weight "soft rock". Nashville turned its' back on "real country" decades ago... the heart of real country still beats in Texas.

Dale Watson "Nashville Rash"

Edited by Buftex

Not any of them, Garth towed it but he had some real country tunes, too. I like all the names you listed. It is or was some awe-shucks carbon copy no soul guy pandering the audio waves of country music with crap..

RASCAL FLATTS. they were okay at first but ever since Skin I had disdain.

I love real country music...the rest you can have. Probably the only contemporty main-stream country acts I like is George Strait, Dwight Yoakam...but I will take Merle Haggard, George Jones, or Willie over any of these other clowns...

That said, there are some terrifice artists doing coutry music....there are just few places for them to be heard. People like Keith Urban, who dominate the country charts are really just playing light-weight "soft rock". Nashville turned its' back on "real country" decades ago... the heart of real country still beats in Texas.

Dale Watson "Nashville Rash"

youtube.com/watch?v=mr4pfRb1viI&feature=related

When I get home im posting Hank III

Edited by jboyst62

LABillz is scary that way... just when you want to write him off, he comes up with something redeeming! :P

When I get home im posting Hank III

I am kind of mixed on Hank III...I like when he does coutry stuff, but more and more, his albums are just kind metal noise...

This is a great tune from the first albun.

I've always believed the world would be a slightly better place if everyone took time once in a while to listen to "Pancho and Lefty."

I've always believed the world would be a slightly better place if everyone took time once in a while to listen to "Pancho and Lefty."

Now you're just showing off. Which version. Willie & Merle? Emmylou? Or, the original Townes?

very strong song indeed. i didn't come across until hearing Steve Earle's version on "Townes" ... but why filthy it up by including it in a thread with such a dreadful topic, involving such a poser, with nothing but baloney left to shill? ... :pirate:

jw