When Times Are Tough, Stress Is High and Morale is Low, What do you do

boyst

Question: What do you do with your stress? How do you vent? What keeps you going?

Motivation: I would love to hear all ya'lls stories, and maybe get to know some of ya'll better but because so many of you have done so many amazing things. Right now I have a rather full plate (as many of you know + tonsils have to come out in 4 weeks) and am learning that I still have a lot to learn. Hopefully we can share ways of dealing with stress, tips on getting through hard times, and at the very least a good story.

Disclaimer: This is not a pity party! I want positives here!

Don't sweat the small stuff. And most things we stress about are pure minutia. I manage stress well, but sometimes traffic and !@#$ drivers get to me. When that happens I take a deep breath(very calming), then do some slow yoga exhale/inhales, and remind me how insignificant whatever is causing me stress.

I never have a problem with morale. Life is how you think, and I always try and think positive can do. And if I ever feel down for a millisecond, I consider a child dying in the hospital. Then I realize how truly lucky and blessed I am. And how cruel life can be for others. No matter what afflicts me, I know someone is suffering worse. Perspective is always helpful

Edited by Pete

This should be a fun thread -- good idea, Jboy.

Personally I deal with stress with humor. Remembering that, from the right perspective, nearly every situation can be funny. You can either be at war with the Universe or find solace in its unyielding ability to kick you in the balls just for ***** and giggles. Keeping that in mind, as well as keeping the people you love close, I believe you can overcome nearly every obstacle life throws your way. Our time here is short and I refuse to spend any of it yelling at the grass for growing too loudly. Because really, what's that going to accomplish?

Life is hard, but to quote a man far more eloquent, and drunk, than I: "it's the hard that makes it great." It's the hard that allows you to see the beauty in life. It's the hard that allows you to recognize pure joy. It's the hard that allows you to overcome. I know it's schmaltzy, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Just remembering to take a breath helps too. And, if all else fails, there's a reason God gave us alcohol.

:beer:

Question: What do you do with your stress? How do you vent? What keeps you going?

Motivation: I would love to hear all ya'lls stories, and maybe get to know some of ya'll better but because so many of you have done so many amazing things. Right now I have a rather full plate (as many of you know + tonsils have to come out in 4 weeks) and am learning that I still have a lot to learn. Hopefully we can share ways of dealing with stress, tips on getting through hard times, and at the very least a good story.

Disclaimer: This is not a pity party! I want positives here!

I watched a plane fly into the Pentagon.

I don't stress.

From my time in the Corps I learned the following:

1) Exercise

2) Eat right.

3) Maintain a consistent schedule.

4) Take unseen obstacles in stride, don't bother worrying since it won't help, and push through.

5) If something seems too big to handle break it down to its simplest parts and go from there.

6) Have sex (with females, you perverts) as much as possible.

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

I have as much stress as the next person but always try and maintain an outwardly cool persona. I deal with it however I'm able to and try not to get others stressed.... course I also drink too much, eat too much, take blood pressure medicine and have grey hair since my 20's...

I don't let things piss me off. If it actually hurts me, then I keep cool and don't let it show, make a joke out of it and then do what I was doing like a boss. Then when I work out or play baseball, I think about what that person said to get me pumped so I do more reps and hit or throw the ball that much harder.

But remember, feelings are for girls. :thumbsup:

And if you are really stressed out- smoke a doobie and lighten the !@#$ up!

Damn right Pete, that always mellows me out. :thumbsup:

I've learned that organized stress is a lot easier to deal with. When you have so much on your plate that you can't handle it, make a list of priorities and try to organize your workload into something more manageable.

I find having a sworn enemy or enemies really helps during times of stress. Rivals at work, cheating ex, doubters, crappy boss etc. Whether they had anything to do with current adversity is irrelevant. When the going gets tough and I feel like quitting, I remind myself that nothing would please my enemies more than to see me fail. That usually provides the motivation to dig deep and pull it out by any means necessary, if for no other reason than spite. I refuse to let that b#$%^ win.

I also find cooking and a regular gym routine really reduce my day to day stress levels, mood and overall happiness.