Another one bites the dust

WASHINGTON POST

NEWS ALERT

U.S. drone strike in Pakistan kills al-Qaeda's No. 2

A U.S. drone strike has killed al-Qaeda's second in command, a U.S. official says.

The death of Abu Yahya al-Libi is a significant blow to the terror network, which has lost a string of top leaders at the hands of the American drone program.

Read more at:

http://wpo.st/RZe5

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Work gentlemen, keep it up.

On a much more facetious note..........................who would want to be "al-Qaeda's No. 2" ? ?

Don't we read this same headline 2 - 3 times a year ? It seem we are always killing #2.

Good Work gentlemen, keep it up.

On a much more facetious note..........................who would want to be "al-Qaeda's No. 2" ? ?

Don't we read this same headline 2 - 3 times a year ? It seem we are always killing #2.

LOL - that's true! They're all like - uh, no - I'm happy with #3.

We finally have a COMMANDER in chief. A bit misguided since Bush was behind 9/11, but not afraid to pull the trigger.

In a world...where gutsy calls are never seen...there stands one man...never afraid...to make the call...the gutsy call...

"Who does #2 work for?"

LMFAO.

Anyway we're decimating al-Qaeda. And I know it isn't a laughing matter but:

“Initially, four people were killed, but when the militants reached the spot, another strike occurred that killed many more, raising the death toll to 16,” the source said.

can't help but chuckle I mean I wouldn't flock to the scene of the crime if I were militant supporters...run al-Qaeda...run away.

It's also a bit disturbing military successes like this cause people on the board to be snarky at the President. But it's not surprising.

Edited by TheNewBills

" In the past 500 years, this drone attack would have to be the second gutsiest call by anyone "

- (no one argues with) Joe Biden

And this drone attack is going to lead to that little three-letter word.

Jobs.

J-O-B-S.

I don't care who it is...I'm just glad that someone is systematically getting these !@#$ers.

Before the Obama Administration, we were much too soft on prosecuting the war on terror. Just glad that someone is doing it and I hope the focus remains in a Romney Whitehouse.

Good job Obama.

I don't care who it is...I'm just glad that someone is systematically getting these !@#$ers.

Before the Obama Administration, we were much too soft on prosecuting the war on terror. Just glad that someone is doing it and I hope the focus remains in a Romney Whitehouse.

Good job Obama.

Imagine the global uproar if evil Bush had ordered wholesale drone strikes in a neighboring sovereign country that's not "part" of the GWOT? Nixon is rolling over in his grave.

Imagine the global uproar if evil Bush had ordered wholesale drone strikes in a neighboring sovereign country that's not "part" of the GWOT? Nixon is rolling over in his grave.

Hot damn Obama is the new Curtis Lemay! Bomb em back to the stone age! And the press loves it! Free ticket!

Edited by Jim in Anchorage