American Competitiveness

As I recall, growing up I had a 12-month educational year. Only a 9 month school year, though.

Another thing this country has to get over is the idea that learning requires school.

Those 3 months can be the most beneficial (certainly when you get a bit older)...as corny as it sounds....learning should be fun....or at least stimulating. I mean stick a college kid in a class at a desk and they get on facebook...give them a joint and turn on Zeitgeist and they'll eat your face if you bite your potato chip too loudly. We need to find a way brainwash our children in the right ways and so they can forget it's work...if that means turning local teachers into glorified pressers of the play button then we may have to move that way.

Edited by TheNewBills

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you are the guy that makes $30 an hour for working 1 hour out of 8 and complains about finding time for a break. You toll booth operators are amazing.

He must have a remarkably dull day. I mean he was so excited about mailing a absentee ballot he started a thread on it.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

But you are the guy that makes $30 an hour for working 1 hour out of 8 and complains about finding time for a break. You toll booth operators are amazing.

I see reading comprehension is your weak point. Go back and read... I am not complaining... The nice thing is that I do get one long weekend off a month and this weekend is it... I wish I was collecting a toll... I would be a multi-millionaire by now! Even if it was just a nickel a boat. Unfortunately, eveything is free... Wanna come visit? Leave your wallet at home... It is on the general fund! :nana:

He must have a remarkably dull day. I mean he was so excited about mailing a absentee ballot he started a thread on it.

Not dull in the least... I was actually excited to help cast a vote for Walker, I am liberal but feel the recall was unjust... Unless he gets indicted on something...

Welcome to Obama's America, where a guy who can't write a coherent sentence can deflect blame on evil bankers, greedy doctors, sleazy lawyers and scamming business owners.

If we can just keep carp out of the Great Lakes, all would be well in this country.

Who says I want carp out of the Great Lakes?... IMO, I think they should let Mother Nature take her course... The carp would actually be a financial blessing... We can end stuff like DNR's, fishing licenses and wasteful gov't intervention in the name of "protecting us from us." Salmon wouldn't have to be stocked, wasting gov't resources... The carp would out compete the aelwives (they eat the same thing) and what not. Let it roll. Bow hunting fish as they leap into and around your boat would be awesome! Let it roll!

This whole carp thing is a huge gov't boondoogle... It is already been 3 years and not one in sight... Talk to me in 10... Still we be none... What a big waste of resources...

The libertarians got it right on this one... Gov't is a joke when it comes to the carp. This whole thing is a money stream to keep the DNR, biologists and many others feeding at the trough...

Stuff like carp makes us even less competitive... Let the fish do what they gotta do.

Peace? interesting choice of words.

So doctors are "the biggest hypocrites in the world." "Distasteful." "Easy money" folks. We "charge too much." You 'enjoy making your family doctor squirm.' "Doctors should go to med school....but live like others." Certainly nothing there to instigate a pissing match which you so 'desperately' want to avoid....shortly after calling me a whiner and then telling me that your personal sacrifices are so much greater than mine etc. How so? They may, in fact be....just curious as to how you know? I have made zero comments about your profession as I have no idea what toll it takes on you or your family. Hypocritical much?

My point in jumping in was that this was a conversation about my field and about everyone living the 'same.' I.e. work hard and get rewarded or do far less...and be equally rewarded.

1. Simply stating that doctors are 'gouging' the patients is so generically false. Again....capitation? full risk practice? medicare allowable?

2. "Go to med school sure....but doctors should live as others live". does the inverse apply? ....suck the gov't teet....and live as others live? If you have excelled in your field...congrats. You should be rewarded accordingly. I won't begrudge you one bit.

3. You need to do the math again. I essentially have two 30 yr mortgages. One for my house and one for my 'career.' For the record....I drive a 2004 Explorer....paid for. In addition....the math for my age was 'there' if you had looked. I've been out of residency 12 years and started at 29. That's 41....just in case.

4. Timeline? I'll be working far into my 60's though I'm hoping 65. Part of my beef is the time and money physicians (most) have to invest to even start their career. As I said, many of my friends started their careers far earlier; with far less debt; and have much better long term financial prospects. Considering I graduated Med school in late 90's....I'm 14 yrs into that 'timeline' now. Guess I'll be retiring next year....right??????? I am just now starting to bite into the 160K principle I had to borrow for med school...never mind college. Try again. Looks more like a 35 yr timeline. Not to mention I have to save my own retirement. No gov't annuity to fall in my lap....but that's another story about how 'unfair' reimbursement is in certain professions.

5. So....docs are only allowed to go to med school to 'help people.' Pure altruism. Yet we docs are 'creating the health care crisis in this country by digging ourselves a hole and then scoring later money.' So.....how am I to 'help people' if I don't borrow money to get my education?' That's right....it's the damn system. I'll agree with that to this extent...... Medical educations cost too much money.

6. Privilege was used as 'sarcasm.' I.e I borrowed huge money to get through med school....and then racked up thousands and thousands in interest while working as an indentured servant....errr....resident. What a 'privilege.' An no...I never said anything specific about anyone else's job or sacrifice...I leave that to you.....Including the slob comment. My father was a custodian. I learned a lot from him about working hard.

7. Spend and tax? Charge the customers more? Again....clear documentation that you don't understand medical billing. And I'm not gonna explain it. Borrow the money and get an education in medical billing if you're interested.

8. Never asked for your sympathy. I merely wanted to defend my field and provide 'one' example of sacrifice. based on 'my' experiences, I'd be pretty upset if people who are clearly along for the ride are afforded the same type of compensation as someone gave up years to acquire a skill or trade to make themselves more marketable. As you stated, you have given far more than me. Go tell your boss to give you a raise. Since you seem to think that doctors control reimbursement....... perhaps the same applies in your field.

From my perspective....Docs are a cross section of society. Good, bad, drunk, sober, happy, depressed, faithful, cheating, fair and crooked....just like everyone else. But you already knew that. Just like you know I'm a hypocrite, a gouger, a distasteful human being, and a whiner....in addition to knowing the exact motivation for my going to med school and my presumed retirement date. Keep firing in every direction. you'll hit something eventually.

Seriously? to borrow your term.... LMFAO! I'm turning this back over to you Doc.....I just remembered why I don't post much.

Hey, if the shoe fits... Wear it. You're a stand up guy no doubt... Son of a custodian too boot! I am a toll taker-custodian, you make me proud! If my son can grow up to be half the man you are... Mission accomplished! Let it out... As the health crisis continues to worsen, the questioning will only increase... Get used to, even if you feel that you and your profession are being unfairly attacked... Take a number... Who do you think you are to be immune from it? This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what the medical complex should and deserves to get. I am all for tearing the pararsitic health system down and building a new.

And yes Doc... Peace...

Waaaaaaayyyyy too much time spent on replying to an EII post.

I do agree... I touched a nerve... Seems the good Doc doesn't like to be questioned... Personally and professionally. Maybe I was a bit harsh on him... But too bad... Dish it out (maybe not him personally, which I apologize) AND all I ask is to expect to take get it dished back.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yep, she is an awesome woman. She always assured us that our station in life would be what we endeavored to make it.

Anyway, the point that I was making is that parents are so influential in what their kids ultimately accomplish. Though Tom's point is a good one - that mixed and matched demographics have parenting and motivation issues - GG's point is also quite true. It is unfortunately the case that a disproportionately large amount of minority folks in urban environments end up stuck there - and blame external factors for that condition. Though it is true that motivation/success will be less so in school environments that have dilapidated buildings and antequated materials, it is also true that some of those environmental factors can be overcome with supplementary parenting effort at home.

We had that.

Other's didn't. They believed in the classic hood pronouncement: "The only way to get out of SE is to slang crack rock or have a wicked jump shot."

:wallbash:

I'm now a proponent of an 11 month school year. It is slightly less of an academic year than is the Japanese model, but it allows for a smoother, less segmented transition between grade levels and more overall time for the breadth of material that should constitute a student's annual learning experience. It sounds draconian, or as if would put undue academic pressure on a developing mind, but I sincerely believe that it is the only way that we'll bridge the intellectual gap that exists between us and the rest of the developed world.

And consequently our institutions (academic, business, research and development, scientific, etc.) should experience a direct and proximate benefit in about a generation or so from that bit of paradigm shift.

U.S. competitiveness should reap the benefits not long thereafter.

Unfortunately it probably won't happen. Some lobby (toy, cartoon, videogame) will have a schitfit and make sure such a directional shift would never happen. They'd create some superpac, and cloak it under the auspices of "don't take sports from our children."

:wallbash:

Too much emphasis on sports in our culture.

I agree. My son just received a full academic scholarship to high school (Catholic)... And he is taking classes over the summer to get more school in! Children do want to learn...

Okay... Let the wise cracks begin... :blush:

I do agree... I touched a nerve... Seems the good Doc doesn't like to be questioned... Personally and professionally. Maybe I was a bit harsh on him... But too bad... Dish it out (maybe not him personally, which I apologize) AND all I ask is to expect to take get it dished back.

Of course you touched a nerve. And you didn't question him you berated him and his whole profession. Many doctors take what they do very seriously and their patients are very special to them.

I see reading comprehension is your weak point. Go back and read... I am not complaining... The nice thing is that I do get one long weekend off a month and this weekend is it... I wish I was collecting a toll... I would be a multi-millionaire by now! Even if it was just a nickel a boat. Unfortunately, eveything is free... Wanna come visit? Leave your wallet at home... It is on the general fund! :nana:

Free?? Only someone who works for the government would think that money just magically appears in the general fund.

Hey, if the shoe fits... Wear it. You're a stand up guy no doubt... Son of a custodian too boot! I am a toll taker-custodian, you make me proud! If my son can grow up to be half the man you are... Mission accomplished! Let it out... As the health crisis continues to worsen, the questioning will only increase... Get used to, even if you feel that you and your profession are being unfairly attacked... Take a number... Who do you think you are to be immune from it? This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what the medical complex should and deserves to get. I am all for tearing the pararsitic health system down and building a new.

And yes Doc... Peace...

You didn't touch a nerve so much as you made stupid comments. If you want the truth, many doctors went into medicine to help people AND make a good living, and medicine is a business. We looked at the time spent studying, hundreds of thousands in undergrad and med school expenses, and making below minimum wage for 3-5 years of residency, as an investment in that. Somewhere along the lines we lost control of what we make to the insurance companies and the government, because we didn't spend enough money greasing the palms of the politicians. Thinking we should make what you make is funny and ain't gonna happen. So turn your attention to others who are doing less to help you and gouging the system more than you think we are. A good place to start would be with your lib politicians and union bosses.

Of course you touched a nerve. And you didn't question him you berated him and his whole profession. Many doctors take what they do very seriously and their patients are very special to them.

Free?? Only someone who works for the government would think that money just magically appears in the general fund.

Yeah... Very special... That is why they are gouging them by grossly overcharging (many reasons to rationalize that... Still illegitamate) their patients. If they are gonna financially !@#$ their customers... At least kiss them first... I guess they do... Rationalization that everybody falls for: they are financially killing them so they can pay off their education debt in 10-15 years unlike the real world where it takes a lifetime... If that. Like the theyu said, all doctors face the same problems we all do... But some how they and the insurance companies can keep working the people over. They have been doing this for a long time and now is the time to get mad... You think this is gonna end easy or hard? The heatlh "battle" that is. You can't make everyone at the health complex's trough happy... Somebody will take a hit. I propose it be the doctor's... Many are off the charts financially when it comes to the numbers and lifestyle... Who cares if they had it tough for 10 years of so. Maybe that is the reason they keep the trap set up... Their lifestyles should be the one to take a hit... Semms everybody wants to get blood out of stone... That is a dangerous road. Many are taking a step back and can't keep their head just above water... An some we are supposed to feel sorry for the ones milking it?

And stop being a simple Richard, we don't need to get into semantics about the word "free." Sure navigational services will cost something out of everybody and every actual user's pocket... Probably like 5 cents... Again, let's not get into semantics...

You didn't touch a nerve so much as you made stupid comments. If you want the truth, many doctors went into medicine to help people AND make a good living, and medicine is a business. We looked at the time spent studying, hundreds of thousands in undergrad and med school expenses, and making below minimum wage for 3-5 years of residency, as an investment in that. Somewhere along the lines we lost control of what we make to the insurance companies and the government, because we didn't spend enough money greasing the palms of the politicians. Thinking we should make what you make is funny and ain't gonna happen. So turn your attention to others who are doing less to help you and gouging the system more than you think we are. A good place to start would be with your lib politicians and union bosses.

LOL! Your industry lost your way all right... I think they forgot to read their history lessons... That I agree. Yet, then you go on to blame everybody and their brother! Comical....

I am all for wiping it down... Go back to fee-for-service... People can carry what they want or catastrophic at the minimum... The 300 dollars I pay to Humana every two weeks and the 700 dollars my employer pays every two weeks can go into a fund where I can access it for health items... If not sick, it should collect interest. But no, everybody wants a piece of the pie... Your pie, my pie, everybody's pie... And I work for the fed... I know how !@#$ed up they can be... Especially the DoD...

LOL! Your industry lost your way all right... I think they forgot to read their history lessons... That I agree. Yet, then you go on to blame everybody and their brother! Comical....

I am all for wiping it down... Go back to fee-for-service... People can carry what they want or catastrophic at the minimum... The 300 dollars I pay to Humana every two weeks and the 700 dollars my employer pays every two weeks can go into a fund where I can access it for health items... If not sick, it should collect interest. But no, everybody wants a piece of the pie... Your pie, my pie, everybody's pie... And I work for the fed... I know how !@#$ed up they can be... Especially the DoD...

No, I blamed us doctors...for not paying-off politicians. And what you're espousing is called a high-deductible health insurance plan with a health savings account. They already exist. I have had one for the past 3 years and have over $18K in my HSA which I can use later for large medical bills or retirement. But the dems are trying to limit them because allegedly they're discriminatory since poor people can't afford to fund the HSA. :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc

No, I blamed us doctors...for not paying-off politicians. And what you're espousing is called a high-deductible health insurance plan with a health savings account. They already exist. I have had one for the past 3 years and have over $18K in my HSA which I can use later for large medical bills or retirement. But the dems are trying to limit them because allegedly they're discriminatory since poor people can't afford to fund the HSA. :rolleyes:

Agree.

Another thing I hate about insurance companies and doctors (dentists too) is that they try and bleed you at every corner... Hoping to feed on fear or guilt. Billing has become a mytery. You pay more and more every year (past 20 and climbing) in premiums and get less... While paying more co-pays... Then the doc still sends you a mystery/duplicate bill for something. Your profession better get its act together... They are acting like the greedy unions of 40 years ago... Also, most medical professionals know nothing of the current person they are dealing with... Move right onto the next person...

Sure you may be great... But your profession is a real mess. It all starts with the way medical professionals get educated and the system they first enter. IMO, I don't think it is any sacrifice or hardship if a person has to endure a number of years and is certain to be rewarded a windfall... To me that is the epitome of easy... Just stick it out and "you'll get yours." I wish the rest of life was that easy... Even for professions that are twice as hard as medical careers.

In the end, something will have to give... Who's it gonna be? Right now it is the premium paying patient/employer that is getting !@#$ed. If you don't clean it up yourself, somebody not so nice is gonna do it their way... And it may not even get cleaned up!

Agree.

Another thing I hate about insurance companies and doctors (dentists too) is that they try and bleed you at every corner... Hoping to feed on fear or guilt. Billing has become a mytery. You pay more and more every year (past 20 and climbing) in premiums and get less... While paying more co-pays... Then the doc still sends you a mystery/duplicate bill for something. Your profession better get its act together... They are acting like the greedy unions of 40 years ago... Also, most medical professionals know nothing of the current person they are dealing with... Move right onto the next person...

Sure you may be great... But your profession is a real mess. It all starts with the way medical professionals get educated and the system they first enter. IMO, I don't think it is any sacrifice or hardship if a person has to endure a number of years and is certain to be rewarded a windfall... To me that is the epitome of easy... Just stick it out and "you'll get yours." I wish the rest of life was that easy... Even for professions that are twice as hard as medical careers.

In the end, something will have to give... Who's it gonna be? Right now it is the premium paying patient/employer that is getting !@#$ed. If you don't clean it up yourself, somebody not so nice is gonna do it their way... And it may not even get cleaned up!

Never said, or meant to imply, that I'm "great." I said I put in a ton of hard work, time, and money, delaying making any real money and starting a family until after I turned 30, and expected a return on my investment. And I'm getting it. And I should get it. If you disagree, tough. You had every chance to go into whatever field you wanted to go into to make a decent living. If you feel downtrodden, go back to school and improve your lot. Stop thinking the world owes you something. It doesn't.

And for the umpteenth time, doctors aren't the ones bleeding you dry, or at very least, aren't the only ones. Everyone is. You just don't want to admit/accept it. Again, get a HDHIP/HSA and take control of your medical expenses, and save some money in the process. But again realize that A FRACTION OF YOUR PREMIUM DOLLARS ARE GOING TO DOCTORS. If you want to save even more, you could stop paying for health insurance, pocket the money, and pay out of pocket when you need it. Why not try that?

As I've said over and over again, nothing will really change until people start taking better care of themselves. You can throw all the money you want at the symptoms, but until you cure the disease, it won't magically disappear. And just because it pertains to your health, it's not incumbent on me or anyone else to give you cheap, much less free, health care. If you want the latest and greatest, and the ability to sue if you something goes wrong, you pay a premium. I'm not responsible for your poor health choices or your family history of disease.

I can't even remember the last time I actually went to see a doctor. I guess the people at CVS are nurses who give me my Flu shot? Or maybe just pharmacist (and maybe they count?). Why are you going to the doctor so much Exile? Are you dying?

Edited by TheNewBills

I can't even remember the last time I actually went to see a doctor. I guess the people at CVS are nurses who give me my Flu shot? Or maybe just pharmacist (and maybe they count?). Why are you going to the doctor so much Exile? Are you dying?

Yep, the people are CVS are nurses who are more than capable of giving you a flu shot. Pharmacists cannot administer medications. And EII's problem is he cannot distinguish insurance companies from doctors. I'd bet he spends more on an oil change for his car than he does on his co-pay for his annual doctor visit.

I mean my take is if you think you are giving too much money to doctors you probably are...and when you complain about your premiums you are the reason they are so high. NoW yes, what I'm about to say won't apply to everybody and may sound asinine...but the truth is we don't need doctors.

I'm basically a youngish guy in good shape so I know not everybody is in my position but I use CVS as my doctor. I get my shot there and if I feel sick I just do nothing and get better...and if it's bad I go to CVS and tell the dude how I feel and ask what cheap over the counter stuff will calm my symptoms while my body heals itself. If I hurt my leg or something running or playing sports I stop being active until it feels better. We really don't need doctors.

I talk a lot about allowing the specialist market to work more like a free market by having people have larger out of pocket expenses so they have to shop and doctors compete more...but the same is true of general visits...we use too much medical services. Now on the flip side I do understand early identification and preventative care is huge for health and costs ... so I'm not saying I don't think people should get a yearly check up or something (even though I don't)...but just trust your body and listen to it...take care of it...feel your balls in the shower and if you are older go get your ass looked at from time to time and that's about it the way I see it.

I know not everybody can do that some people have real problems but most can do exactly what I do IMO and if they all did insurance costs would be much lower. And for God's sake NEVER GO TO THE HOSPITAL. IF YOU GO TO THE ER YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT INSURANCE COSTS EVER!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor if you follow my advice and die you are a fool. :)

Edited by TheNewBills

I mean my take is if you think you are giving too much money to doctors you probably are...and when you complain about your premiums you are the reason they are so high. NoW yes, what I'm about to say won't apply to everybody and may sound asinine...but the truth is we don't need doctors.

I'm basically a youngish guy in good shape so I know not everybody is in my position but I use CVS as my doctor. I get my shot there and if I feel sick I just do nothing and get better...and if it's bad I go to CVS and tell the dude how I feel and ask what cheap over the counter stuff will calm my symptoms while my body heals itself. If I hurt my leg or something running or playing sports I stop being active until it feels better. We really don't need doctors.

I talk a lot about allowing the specialist market to work more like a free market by having people have larger out of pocket expenses so they have to shop and doctors compete more...but the same is true of general visits...we use too much medical services. Now on the flip side I do understand early identification and preventative care is huge for health and costs ... so I'm not saying I don't think people should get a yearly check up or something (even though I don't)...but just trust your body and listen to it...take care of it...feel your balls in the shower and if you are older go get your ass looked at from time to time and that's about it the way I see it.

I know not everybody can do that some people have real problems but most can do exactly what I do IMO and if they all did insurance costs would be much lower. And for God's sake NEVER GO TO THE HOSPITAL. IF YOU GO TO THE ER YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT INSURANCE COSTS EVER!

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor if you follow my advice and die you are a fool. :)

In other words: you don't need a doctor until something's actually wrong with you.

Thanks for the revelation, Saint John.

In other words: you don't need a doctor until something's actually wrong with you.

Thanks for the revelation, Saint John.

LOL yes that is what I'm saying. But please spread the word. It is obvious, but people don't know this. I'm serious too...people don't understand this.

Never said, or meant to imply, that I'm "great." I said I put in a ton of hard work, time, and money, delaying making any real money and starting a family until after I turned 30, and expected a return on my investment. And I'm getting it. And I should get it. If you disagree, tough. You had every chance to go into whatever field you wanted to go into to make a decent living. If you feel downtrodden, go back to school and improve your lot. Stop thinking the world owes you something. It doesn't.

And for the umpteenth time, doctors aren't the ones bleeding you dry, or at very least, aren't the only ones. Everyone is. You just don't want to admit/accept it. Again, get a HDHIP/HSA and take control of your medical expenses, and save some money in the process. But again realize that A FRACTION OF YOUR PREMIUM DOLLARS ARE GOING TO DOCTORS. If you want to save even more, you could stop paying for health insurance, pocket the money, and pay out of pocket when you need it. Why not try that?

As I've said over and over again, nothing will really change until people start taking better care of themselves. You can throw all the money you want at the symptoms, but until you cure the disease, it won't magically disappear. And just because it pertains to your health, it's not incumbent on me or anyone else to give you cheap, much less free, health care. If you want the latest and greatest, and the ability to sue if you something goes wrong, you pay a premium. I'm not responsible for your poor health choices or your family history of disease.

And this (your post) is the reason why we have a medical crisis. The world doesn't owe me anything as it does you... No matter what profession we choose... Just as your house isn't entitled to go up in value. Things may go down in value and so should your investment. Even given your amount of energy, time, hard work and dedication. You are the one who sounds entitled. To right the ship, somebody has to be screwed over... And it has to be your investment that takes a hit... It is the most bloated with regard to its market value. I know you will disagree and say how will they be able to get people to the medical professions... People will still be beaten down the door into the profession for the true love of helping other... Not to get a "return on their investment." You have Sinclair Lewis rolling over in his grave. Right now the system is worse because it is a parasitic system that first feeds on its own, then feeds on others to keep its life vibrant. The system could function on less reward.

Just as the huge pensions in my state should be wiped down to size, so should your investment. Hire a lawyer and let them sort it out.

There is a difference between good money and gluttonous great money. Taking no money at the start does not justify gluttony in the end.

People will never truely take care of themselves... Everybody has an expiration date stamped on them and you will always have customers.

Both the system and the people are broken.

Yep, the people are CVS are nurses who are more than capable of giving you a flu shot. Pharmacists cannot administer medications. And EII's problem is he cannot distinguish insurance companies from doctors. I'd bet he spends more on an oil change for his car than he does on his co-pay for his annual doctor visit.

Wrong! I spend more on my co-pays! You really are out of touch! My office copay is 20. Annual? Ha! Try every five months. Now mix in the family. Again, my employer the DoD pays around 700 bucks every 2 weeks... I gotta pick up just over 300... Service keeps declining, premiums have kept climbing for the last 20 years. When I started, copay was 2 bucks. What is all this adjusted to inflation. My premium every 2 weeks 10 years ago was just over 100 bucks... Now it is 300... Same company (Humana), less coverag, more copay... Again, not complaing... I am truly blessed... One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

Again... I am not complaining, I am just trying to illustrate the type of money that is getting thrown around and why we as Americans are having a harder time with competition. I understand that my lifestyle has to take a step back from what my parents lived even given my steep investment to what I wanted to do. That is okay and I am fine with that. Like you said, I could have done something else. BUT a majority of professions are coming to grips with this problem, while a few are going the opposite way. The disparity is growing between the haves and have nots and the health system (doctors on the top of the chain) are bleeding the people dry. The medical complex is at the top of what needs to be fixed in order for the US to grow productively.

I have been on blood pressure meds since I was 19. Even soaking wet at 160 pounds... I am now 44... Should I have skipped all those years on BP meds? In 20 plus years I have never hade my dosage titrated. Only times I have changed RX was for cost issues with the insurance company.