Another Quirk to the Bills Schedule

Another Quirk to the Bills 2012 Slate by Chris Brown

The subject of the Bills playing the Pats* after the Pats* bye week has come up a number of times here, but here's a ton more fuel for the conspiracy theorists.

Seriously though, by nefarious plot or pure coincidence, the Bills are getting a royal screw job here.

Suddenly, this schedule doesn't seem quite as easy as it did before I read this article... :devil:

Edited by uncle flap

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the Bills have what it takes to overcome any adversity, or not...we'll know soon enough.

Screw the schedule - in the immortal words of Friedrich Nietzsche...

“Was mich nicht umbricht, macht mich stärker, baby!!!” :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Screw the schedule - in the immortal words of Friedrich Nietzsche...

“Was mich nicht umbricht, macht mich stärker, baby!!!” :beer:

Wow, I missed that in my PH202 Modern Philosophy class ... should have gone to Missouri

Edited by CSBill

Who here believes things like this (or the Pats* playing divisional games or other key games after a bye year after year after year) happen by accident? If so, have I got a deal on a bridge for you......

Only slightly more seriously, what are the Bills going to do about it? Personally I'd make sure the NFL front office know that we see what they're doing each and every year until this "evens out". Statistically speaking we shouldn't be playing the Cheats* again after a bye until about 2050-something even though we play1/8th of our games against them.....

Well the NFL hates bad publicity so lots of signs in stadium pointing this out would give the talking heads something to talk about other than Brady's latest hair style. Of course NFL would deny it as much as NFLPA denies its players were involved in Bounty scandal but might make effort so "coincidence" not so obvious.

Another Quirk to the Bills 2012 Slate by Chris Brown

The subject of the Bills playing the Pats* after the Pats* bye week has come up a number of times here, but here's a ton more fuel for the conspiracy theorists.

Seriously though, by nefarious plot or pure coincidence, the Bills are getting a royal screw job here.

Suddenly, this schedule doesn't seem quite as easy as it did before I read this article... :devil:

The league should really look into the situation. Nothing can be done about it now but it does seem very severe.

For those who don't want to click the link (numbers in parantheses are mine):

After (1) playing what is expected to be a physical contest with the 49ers in San Francisco in Week 5, the Bills then (2) face the Cardinals in Arizona in Week 6. The Cards will have the benefit of three extra days of prep time for Buffalo as their Week 5 game is on Thursday night.

The very next week (3) when the Bills play host to Tennessee, the Titans will also have three extra days of prep time for Buffalo because they’re playing on Thursday night the previous week as well.

The Bills look to get a break as they’ll have a bye week in Week 8 to get two weeks to prep for the Texans in Houston. But that extra prep time will be a wash because (4) Houston also has their bye in Week 8.

Finally (5) while the Bills are battling the Texans in Houston, the Patriots will be on their couches watching at home while their head coach grinds tape for two weeks to prepare for the Bills who travel to New England in Week 10 as the Pats have their bye in Week 9.

That’s followed by (6) a second division game in five days against Miami on Thursday night in Buffalo.

The only advantage Buffalo will have in terms of extra preparation all season will be the extra three days coming off that Thursday night game with Miami to play Indianapolis 10 days later… on the road.

who cares....beat their asses, stop with the excuses and show we are a legitimate team in the NFL . Like the kid that keeps getting bullied in school, until he stands up for himself and punches the bully in the mouth he will keep getting disrespected. It doesnt matter what ba roster looks like, what we do in the first 5 weeks, how much money we throw out, until we become a winning team we will continually be disrespected by the media, the league, fans, and other organizations. Would we give 2 sh*ts about this schedule in the early 90's? Hell no. I'm feeling this team is turning the corner on dealing with the technicalities and just line up and say..bring it!

Remember when the X Files' Smoking Man admitted that a shadowy government agency had a mission to never to let the Bills back into the Superbowl? Laugh...but since then, we've only been in one playoff game. And that game was decided at the last minute by what was really an illegal forward pass but ruled a legal reverse pass.

The only other time the Bills were close? A game against the Steelers in the mid 2000s. All the Bills had to do was win, and they'd likely make it to the playoffs. The Steelers were guaranteed homefield advantage and played third-stringers. They beat us. With ease.

The Bills also have the curses of Doug Flutie and Billy Joe Hobert to deal with.

Oh, you've never heard of the Curse of Billy Joe Hobert? Legend goes, he hired a practitioner of voodoo when he moved to New Orleans to play for the Saints after being cut by the Bills for admitting he never opened the freaking play book. The witch doctor summoned an evil spirit called a Baka to, you guessed it, prevent the Bills from ever making the Superbowl.

Baka spirits take the form of animals. Their favorite? Buffalo.

Never too early to start with the excuse making.

I agree!

But, you have to just look at this and go "huh, that's funny." Sort of like we have for the last four or five years...and then you realize wait..."HUH?"

I got bored, emailed that link to RGoodell@nfl.com and asked it to be looked in to.

Edited by jboyst62

For those who don't want to click the link (numbers in parantheses are mine):

After (1) playing what is expected to be a physical contest with the 49ers in San Francisco in Week 5, the Bills then (2) face the Cardinals in Arizona in Week 6. The Cards will have the benefit of three extra days of prep time for Buffalo as their Week 5 game is on Thursday night.

The very next week (3) when the Bills play host to Tennessee, the Titans will also have three extra days of prep time for Buffalo because they’re playing on Thursday night the previous week as well.

The Bills look to get a break as they’ll have a bye week in Week 8 to get two weeks to prep for the Texans in Houston. But that extra prep time will be a wash because (4) Houston also has their bye in Week 8.

Finally (5) while the Bills are battling the Texans in Houston, the Patriots will be on their couches watching at home while their head coach grinds tape for two weeks to prepare for the Bills who travel to New England in Week 10 as the Pats have their bye in Week 9.

That’s followed by (6) a second division game in five days against Miami on Thursday night in Buffalo.

The only advantage Buffalo will have in terms of extra preparation all season will be the extra three days coming off that Thursday night game with Miami to play Indianapolis 10 days later… on the road.

:censored:

My take on it is that I seriously doubt that there's a conspiracy.

But it is definitely a bit of an unfortunate group of circumstances.

I sure hope the Bills don't miss the playoffs by a whisker due to this epically unfair scheduling.

Of course life isn't fair.

On a related note I love "stiff upper lip" people but I always wonder if these "no excuses" people hold themselves to the same standard to which they hold their favorite football team.