More excited than I've been in years about this team.

There are so many reasons to be optimistic about this squad. From a coached-up Fitzpatrick behind a healthy line, 2 top shelf running backs, a good receiver corps (much improved over last year's that gained nearly 4000 yards).....led by the brilliant schemes of Chan Gailey....Vince Young adding a new dimension.....Let's just keep our fingers crossed that this group stays healthy.

The defense....finally a pass rush. Big improvements there. Healthy Kyle, second year Marcel, monster Mario, Anderson.....strong backups in Kelsay, Carrington, Troupe....imagine if Merriman gets his mojo back!! Shephard, Morrison, and that guy from Green Bay......with Tank Carder and Bradham backing them up.

Solid at safety with Wilson and Byrd. Corners.....Aaron Williams, Gilmore, McKelvin, McGee, the other young guys in there.....

Wanny at DC looking to resurrect his image.

This team looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. Can't wait.

I feel this way just about every year, but for some reason this seems more real. Big move when Mario signed....stamped the town as a choice location for players.

Can't wait.

I'm with you on every point except this one. The Bills are much improved at WR because of what exactly?

We're not down to stems and seeds. We have healthy receivers, and we've drafted a burner, and we have Easley. We have a healthy corps. A lot better than what we were parading out there the last few games.

Because of the sudden surge of one marcus "it's never been" easley... that's why...

Haha - OK - it's June - I'll smoke the pipe with you.

No - I think it's pretty clear WR, QB and maybe LB are still spots the team has room to improve on.

Having said that - I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy, I think what they already have addressed is awesome and may well be enough to win them the division this year.

Every team has weaknesses. Heck, the Giants won the Super Bowl but they were 9-7 for a reason. So yeah, when I look at the Bills roster I think they have more than enough to be real competitors in January. That doesn't mean they don't have issues though.

I think there is more than enough justification to be optimistic about this season.

In seasons past I have been one of the self proclaimed "realists" who saw no reason to think the team was improved ... and as it turns out it wasn't.

However it is difficult to overlook the past 2 off seasons (FA and draft) and not recognize that the defensive personnel is [greatly] improved.

I personally think the Bills defense will not be any ones doormat this season. So how good Gailey really is as an OC and the usual things like player health etc., will end up determining how far the Bills will go this season. In any event they should at the very least be competitive.