Hollywood’s disconnect with reality

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they doing? If you're invited over to her house, why is there a raffle involved? It's a stupid raffle not an invitation, right?

Why in the heck is the Obama campaign using the quintessential NYC-based elitist actress for his campaign. Is it a bit cynical to suggest that the campaign has such an inferior opinion of woman and think of them being so easily swayed by someone like SJP?

No, I don't think it is a bad idea for anyone to get control of their finances, but at what cost?

What? They have to pay 12.5% of their medical now? This is a heavy cost?

I can't see Sarah Jessica Parker without thinking about her character from the outstanding movie "LA Stories."

She's the stereotypical bouncy, bubble-headed California chick dating the aging Steve Martin. She takes him to the new trend in California at the time: a high colonic shop.

They cut to a scene of them leaving the shop, with SJP bouncing around while Steve Martin walks bow-legged. SJP shouts, "Don't you feel great? Doesn't it just clear your mind?" to which Martin responds, "It was supposed to clear your mind? I think they did mine wrong."

I can't see Sarah Jessica Parker without thinking about her character from the outstanding movie "LA Stories."

She's the stereotypical bouncy, bubble-headed California chick dating the aging Steve Martin. She takes him to the new trend in California at the time: a high colonic shop.

????????

I thought stereotypical bouncy, bubble headed California chicks were good looking. She pretty much missed that part of the stereotype.

????????

I thought stereotypical bouncy, bubble headed California chicks were good looking. She pretty much missed that part of the stereotype.

No shite. Ive always been skeptical of SJP. First thing that always comes to mind when I see her on tv is that she has to be related to someone powerful in Hollywood. No way she gets these parts based on her looks or acting ability alone. She's mediocre to bad on both counts. She's the exact opposite of Charlize Theron

I was referring to Hollywood stars. There is a huge sense of entitlement with them.

For some, sure. But not for most. There are more conservative leaning stars than people realize. And the real power players in Hollywood, the studio heads, network chiefs, the super agents, they slant hugely to the right. Those are the people that get stuff made and distributed. The notion that all of Hollywood pushes a leftist agenda is factually untrue. It's a nice talking point, but it's not reality.

For some, sure. But not for most. There are more conservative leaning stars than people realize. And the real power players in Hollywood, the studio heads, network chiefs, the super agents, they slant hugely to the right. Those are the people that get stuff made and distributed. The notion that all of Hollywood pushes a leftist agenda is factually untrue. It's a nice talking point, but it's not reality.

My perception is based on the passion the left-leaning stars display for Dem candidates. I haven't seen that from the right-leaning ones. At least not publicly.

To the right of what? The Kremlin is all I got.