• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here`s our ILBs Kelvin Sheppard

Tank Carder

Scott McKillop

Chris White Scary isn`t it. We need a Good Ilb bad. Oh yeah my son lost to Mckillop by one point in wrestling.

Is your son available? I'm happier with Kelvin Sheppard than most people, as I watched him a lot during draft season. The addition to the D-Line, and having Wanny run a more attacking style, will both help Shep do what he does best. The other guy on the Bills D who will profit the most from that change in style is Tank, as the scheme maximizes instinctive players.

Is your son available? I'm happier with Kelvin Sheppard than most people, as I watched him a lot during draft season. The addition to the D-Line, and having Wanny run a more attacking style, will both help Shep do what he does best. The other guy on the Bills D who will profit the most from that change in style is Tank, as the scheme maximizes instinctive players.

The funny thing about that match with McKillop,was how mad his mother was at him losing. I was the one usually pissing him off .Anyway, why didn`t we fill this position in free agency ? It is our only weak spot. The line can`t stop everything.

I wouldn't call it scary at all. Maybe a little unproven, but I have high hopes and confidence in Sheppard. I think he did fairly well last year as a rookie, and is more suited for the middle in the 43 since he is more of a "thumper". A 3rd round pick from one of the best defenses coming into his 2nd year, and getting the benefit of playing behind what should be a very good DL... Wouldn't say I'm scared at all.

It's funny, Bills fans have gotten so used to poor drafting that weve forgotten how draft picks are supposed to develop and play. You dont need to use a "name" FA to fill all your spots. Give the kids a chance.

Edited by DrDareustein

Tank Carder

Scott McKillop

Chris White Scary isn`t it. We need a Good Ilb bad. Oh yeah my son lost to Mckillop by one point in wrestling.

This is not a Weakness, Shep is a beast, Tank will be, and so will White!!!

Just sit back and enjoy the show sir!

Go Bills!!!!

We can always bring Barnett to the middle if needed... The guy is a coach on the field... Worst case we can see if big Nigel can play middle... Training camp should determine how "weak" the ilb position really is...

Yeah, Sheppard is pretty good. He'll be fine. And if not then we move Barnett back inside and have someone else play OLB. We are ok at LB.

Agree 100%

Yeah, Sheppard is pretty good. He'll be fine. And if not then we move Barnett back inside and have someone else play OLB. We are ok at LB.

Who goes outside then? Moats, Nigel the rookie. No depth at Olb either. Batten, Moats don`t play outside backer 4-3 style very good. I can see next year the Lb draft.

you really like starting threads about not liking shep dont you? remind us again of your nickname for him?

It`s about the whole ILB core. And yeah until I see Sheppard the leopard bring it. I will be skeptical of his play . Even Kyle Williams commented about his concern of Sheppards developement on running and hitting people. I watched every game last year,and Sheppard stood out as a glaring weakness.Not shedding blocks,filling holes and yes slow chasing down plays.Shedding blocks and filling holes are things you learn in High School. I can see bad reads and things. But coming up and smacking a rb in the face or using hands and quickness to shed blocks should be there already. I really hope he comes on. I really do.

It`s about the whole ILB core. And yeah until I see Sheppard the leopard bring it. I will be skeptical of his play . Even Kyle Williams commented about his concern of Sheppards developement on running and hitting people. I watched every game last year,and Sheppard stood out as a glaring weakness.Not shedding blocks,filling holes and yes slow chasing down plays.Shedding blocks and filling holes are things you learn in High School. I can see bad reads and things. But coming up and smacking a rb in the face or using hands and quickness to shed blocks should be there already. I really hope he comes on. I really do.

The ILB corps will be Sheppard and a backup, most likely Carder. Wanny has faith in Shep. So should we all, until proven otherwise.

I agree with many of you - let's let some of these "potential" guys develop. Many on this board were excited and hopeful for the Bills to get a shot at Tank Carder. Well, he probably would've been a much higher draft pick had he not played his last year in college injured. Bradham looks good, too. There are many examples in the NFL of linebackers turning out great who were not drafted in the first round.

Tank Carder

Scott McKillop

Really? You're scared about ILB?

Does that mean you wake up in cold sweats about OLB?

My advice is let the Defense brew. Its still not a finished product.

NO one on the planet knows what's going to happen at OLB, ILB, and depth at D-line.

The only starters we know on Defense are Mario, Kyle, Darius, Gilmore.

The rest of the Defensive starters are question marks. BYRD and Wilson will probably come out as starters but Searcy and Scott will see significant PT.

Other CB is a ? Nickle is a ?

BARNETT IS likely the starting OLB and Shep is likely MLB. But if Sheppard struggles then Barnett will be MLB.

Then it comes to the long list of DE/OLB depth on the team. Some guys will rise to the top in the 4-3 some will fail and get cut.

NO ONE knows right now in June.

And honestly it probably wont be settled until October, best case.

So lets sit back and watch pre-season before we get scared or terrified.

There is lots of young unproven talent on Defense and guess what? This is exactly where you want to be in year 3 of a complete franchise rebuild.

You actually have NFL worthy bodies, now lets see who has NFL quality execution and who can survive NFL quality competition.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The ILB corps will be Sheppard and a backup, most likely Carder. Wanny has faith in Shep. So should we all, until proven otherwise.

Yeah well year after year of a ILB that makes tackles after a 4-5 yd gain gets old. We need a backer that comes up in the hole to make tackles. Is Sheppard this type? Time will tell. I guess thats why the Ray Lewis types are so hard to find. Can`t teach it. It has to be there.

Tank Carder

Scott McKillop

Hate to tell you but Sheppard is going to be one incredible MLB. If you noticed at the end of last season he was one of just a couple of players guaranteed their position by the coaching staff SHEP is guaranteed(I found the link ... I know at least one person thought I made up my assertion that in January Sheppard was the one definite starter on the D). He took over the middle in that messed up defense last year without the benefits of OTA's plus with that early season injury.

When you throw in the D-line he will be playing behind and with Barnett at his side ... he is going to just continue to improve. I like Chris White as a #2 MLB in college and last year's preseason he seemed to have the skill set that is needed. Plus now we have THE TANK!

It's time to just sit back and celebrate that we are going to finally have an awesome defense, which will mean our offense will be that much better!

Edited by shoretalk