46% of Americans believe in creation

:beer: For the brown people and their higher spiritual plane above us self centered white Christen's :wallbash: Oh I keep forgeting about the brown Catholics in Mexico and South America! Well you know what I mean.

Philippines...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 46 percent believe in God's creation of man??? Really?? My personal thoughts are this.

First of all I believe God made everything. If you ever have watched a surgery on TV and see whats in the inside of us that there had to be master plan on how we came to be. The body is too complex on how it works together to think otherwise. Again that's JMO.

But I will say this , I think God had to experiment to get humans just right. Maybe upright Apes were Gods test run before He made man.

I am semi shocked at this poll. Maybe there is more of a lack Faith in God in this country than I thought. And if that's the case we our in trouble with a capital T.

only 46 percent believe in God's creation of man??? Really?? My personal thoughts are this.

First of all I believe God made everything. If you ever have watched a surgery on TV and see whats in the inside of us that there had to be master plan on how we came to be. The body is too complex on how it works together to think otherwise. Again that's JMO.

But I will say this , I think God had to experiment to get humans just right. Maybe upright Apes were Gods test run before He made man.

I am semi shocked at this poll. Maybe there is more of a lack Faith in God in this country than I thought. And if that's the case we our in trouble with a capital T.

Why would an omnipotent and omniscient being need to experiment? Why do we have the remnants of a tail, hair all over our bodies? Why does his master plan have the vas deferens looped over the ureter? That tid bit seems to make much more sense in the context of our descendents walking on all four legs.

The inner working of a multicellular organism makes perfect sense compared to the jump from molecules and complex proteins somehow meeting up in a bubble resting in some tidal pool and then becoming animate. If its complexity and doubt you're looking for, start there. From the the first single cell organisms on, the path looks pretty clear.

I wonder why more of the religious folks don't embrace evolution. Maybe evolution is God's plan? Perhaps the almighty provided the spark that set this wacky ride in motion and has left it to operate under the natural laws and rules he established? Get rid of the fundamental and literal interpretation of the bible's creation story and view it from the lens of a man from about 400 AD and his understanding of time and science. When you do that, the two can coexist rather peacefully, and nobody has to be wrong.

Edited by Jauronimo

GOD: Check out this human I designed.

ANGEL: Wow, that looks incredible. How does it work?

GOD: Well, it's pretty complicated. Point to something and I'll tell you what it does.

ANGEL: What are these?

GOD: Teeth, they're for chewing food.

ANGEL: How come there are so many of them?

GOD: I threw in like, three of four extra. If they don't like them, the can pull them out somehow, I guess.

ANGEL: What about this weird bag thing?

GOD: That's the appendix.

ANGEL: What does it do?

GOD: It explodes.

ANGEL: Really? That's all?

GOD: Pretty much.

ANGEL: What causes that to happen?

GOD: It just happens randomly. Like you'll be walking down that street or driving a car and boom.

ANGEL: Geez... that's terrifying. Does it kill the person?

GOD: (Shrugs.) Sometimes.

Then it only follows that we too are a test run.

GOD: Check out this human I designed.

ANGEL: Wow, that looks incredible. How does it work?

GOD: Well, it's pretty complicated. Point to something and I'll tell you what it does.

ANGEL: What are these?

GOD: Teeth, they're for chewing food.

ANGEL: How come there are so many of them?

GOD: I threw in like, three of four extra. If they don't like them, the can pull them out somehow, I guess.

ANGEL: What about this weird bag thing?

GOD: That's the appendix.

ANGEL: What does it do?

GOD: It explodes.

ANGEL: Really? That's all?

GOD: Pretty much.

ANGEL: What causes that to happen?

GOD: It just happens randomly. Like you'll be walking down that street or driving a car and boom.

ANGEL: Geez... that's terrifying. Does it kill the person?

GOD: (Shrugs.) Sometimes.

You've got the fingerprints of /r/atheism all over ya!

You've got the fingerprints of /r/atheism all over ya!

Shh, dont reveal where we get all our material from ;)

And the horrible Search feature on that site had me looking for 2 days for this!

Edited by DrDareustein

who really said we are just right?

it seems to me we are a bit of a work in progress.

46% believe in Human's creation less than 10,000 years ago.

Given the scientific evidence for existence of humans well beyond that, I am shocked that number isn't lower.

Given the scientific evidence for existence of humans well beyond that, I am shocked that number isn't lower.

It's pretty hypocritical if you ask me. God gave us minds capable of analysis, but we go to Hell for using them.

Belief over Education is a main reason we are in so much Trouble as it is. People dont need faith to be good. As a matter of fact, it can be argued that the opposite outcome is more often true.

Im shocked (and fairly saddened) that the number is so high.

Why would an omnipotent and omniscient being need to experiment? Why do we have the remnants of a tail, hair all over our bodies? Why does his master plan have the vas deferens looped over the ureter? That tid bit seems to make much more sense in the context of our descendents walking on all four legs.

The inner working of a multicellular organism makes perfect sense compared to the jump from molecules and complex proteins somehow meeting up in a bubble resting in some tidal pool and then becoming animate. If its complexity and doubt you're looking for, start there. From the the first single cell organisms on, the path looks pretty clear.

Because 1) he wanted it that way, there must be a reason, but he's God so why would we expect to understand, and 2) it's just to test our faith.

Only about 11%. The remainder of that 46% believe God's behind evolution.

Read the damn article, people.

It's pretty hypocritical if you ask me. God gave us minds capable of analysis, but we go to Hell for using them.

Its a test of your faith. God is incredibly insecure. He made us so that we can love him...or else. Thats the calling card of every perfect being. Massive character flaws.

Actually, Eve gave us minds capable of analysis...

Thats the calling card of every perfect being. Massive character flaws.

It is rather a burden...

Because 1) he wanted it that way, there must be a reason, but he's God so why would we expect to understand, and 2) it's just to test our faith.

I suggest you re-read it. Like, the first sentence.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years.

You're seeing something I'm not. It indicates that 46% of total responses were "God created humans pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years." A separate 32% responded that evolution occurred with God's help.

So to summarize the first paragraph, 46 % of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years, 32% believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; and 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process.

Dummy.

So to summarize the first paragraph, 46 % of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years, 32% believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; and 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process.

Dummy.

And 7% presumably said "I don't know", probably the most intellectually honest answer.

Its a test of your faith. God is incredibly insecure. He made us so that we can love him...or else. Thats the calling card of every perfect being. Massive character flaws.

Doesn't God telling us that we should have no other gods other than him indirectly prove that other gods actually exist? If He was the only God, there'd be nothing to worry about. Myabe He was just upset because everyone wanted to hang out with Zeus and the Olympians. They have a lot more fun.