Small riot at Buffalo country show

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/downtown/article884126.ece

So a couple of rednecks get pissed that their party got cut short and felt the need to express their disappointment by smashing some chairs? In the wake of what happened in Indiana a few months back, this was totally appropriate.

Any TBD folk there?

PTR

Stupid comment IMO.

I thought it was kind of a douche comment myself. I tweeted back to him that everyone is scared because of the Sugarland stage collapse in Indiana. It was a very smart move by Church's camp.

I thought it was kind of a douche comment myself. I tweeted back to him that everyone is scared because of the Sugarland stage collapse in Indiana. It was a very smart move by Church's camp.

How bad was the weather? Just curious. I know events have happened to make people aware of the risks but it seems odd they'd keep people out there over an hour after his scheduled time before canceling. He could have finished an ok set by then.

How bad was the weather? Just curious. I know events have happened to make people aware of the risks but it seems odd they'd keep people out there over an hour after his scheduled time before canceling. He could have finished an ok set by then.

"High winds created a safety concern and compromised the stage structure," said a statement on WYRK's website. "After intense consideration, it was decided it was in the best interest for the safety of everybody at Coca Cola Field that Eric Church not perform."

"High winds created a safety concern and compromised the stage structure," said a statement on WYRK's website. "After intense consideration, it was decided it was in the best interest for the safety of everybody at Coca Cola Field that Eric Church not perform."

Still, it might have made the situation less tense if that announcement was made earlier in the evening. Or...if you are delaying it to see if things get better tell the crowd what is going on. (maybe they did these things but the article doesn't mention them)

Still, it might have made the situation less tense if that announcement was made earlier in the evening. Or...if you are delaying it to see if things get better tell the crowd what is going on. (maybe they did these things but the article doesn't mention them)

Apparently they did. There were announcements all show long giving evacuation instructions if needed. That should be a clue the show might not finish.

PTR

The weather was pretty bad Friday night. My son had a soccer game & the whole 2nd half was played in a monsoon.

As far as that concert, they have had this concert for several years now & man I don't where these girls come from but there are some good looking women that go to this concert. I was at Pearl Street after work for a drink Friday night & the place was loaded with hot girls. All in their skimpy jeans & shorts & tight shirts. Man, I really wish I did not have my son's soccer game to go to, I would have stuck around a little longer.

Just heard today that Eric Church is going to come back to Buffalo to play another show and he's willing to honor all the tickets from the Taste of Country show. Pretty classy, IMO.

Pretty standard really. Not to knock him though.

Maybe the right happened because people realized they were at an Eric Church concert!!!! :devil:

WHAT??????

Hey, I didn't go, country isn't really my thing but my mother and sister were both very disappointed.

Pretty standard really. Not to knock him though.

Is it really standard for a festival type concert? It wasn't an Eric Church concert, although I think he got top billing. I think they got to see about 5 other acts before his part got cancelled.

Is it really standard for a festival type concert? It wasn't an Eric Church concert, although I think he got top billing. I think they got to see about 5 other acts before his part got cancelled.

For a headliner, absolutely.