Could really use some help hooking up my TV..Vcr..etc.

PIZ

this is one of the reasons i hate directtv. different deals for different people at different times. seems so arbitrary and annoying. i've been looking into ota on some websites such as antennaweb and there's another that gives higher estimates of stations. for me, i can get about 8 digital stations i'm seriously thinking about doing this with a tivo dvr and buying shows like madmen, game of thrones and justified from apple. filling in with netflix. should have enought to watch with all that! only problem is espn. guess i could go out to a bar for games i wanted to see there.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is one of the reasons i hate directtv. different deals for different people at different times. seems so arbitrary and annoying. i've been looking into ota on some websites such as antennaweb and there's another that gives higher estimates of stations. for me, i can get about 8 digital stations i'm seriously thinking about doing this with a tivo dvr and buying shows like madmen, game of thrones and justified from apple. filling in with netflix. should have enought to watch with all that! only problem is espn. guess i could go out to a bar for games i wanted to see there.

This also doesn't seem right....years ago I bought a DirecTv system from Walmart. It was an RCA. Then a few years ago DirecTv says I need an updated receiver to watch NFL Sunday ticket. They sent me a new one. I don't pay a monthly fee. Shouldn't that be my receiver, since they made my other one unusable? I guess not....they are asking me to send it back. I don't have a real issue with that, but if I decide to go back to DirecTv, I will have to Purchase that same receiver for $50 or $100 or whatever it is.

This also doesn't seem right....years ago I bought a DirecTv system from Walmart. It was an RCA. Then a few years ago DirecTv says I need an updated receiver to watch NFL Sunday ticket. They sent me a new one. I don't pay a monthly fee. Shouldn't that be my receiver, since they made my other one unusable? I guess not....they are asking me to send it back. I don't have a real issue with that, but if I decide to go back to DirecTv, I will have to Purchase that same receiver for $50 or $100 or whatever it is.

Check your bill -- does it say "owned receiver" or "leased receiver?" Usually when they swap out with the new ones, you go from owned to leased. There's no change in billing, just how they handle the inventory.

I'm still shocked that they didn't work with you. I'm pretty sure you didn't actually get to customer retention and that the person who transferred you sent you to the wrong place since I've never had any trouble with them in the past (heck, they paid me $250 once because snow covered my dish and the guy who came out said he couldn't go on the roof because it was too slippery... Snow melted a day later anyway!)