Congrats Mets fans!

Congrats to them but man is MLB umpiring terrible. Don't know if you've seen the highlights but Beltran got a hit in the top of the 6th that they called foul. This certainly hasn't been a banner year for the boys in blue.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mets are a likable bunch but I don't see them above .500 this year. Not when Scott Hairston is their 2nd best hitter.

Exactly, I am a big Mets fan but I really don't see them finishing much above .500 in a best case scenerio. That is just not a major league lineup that they are trotting out there everyday. They will be competive in some games because they have good starting pitching & Collins is a good manager but their bullpen stinks, they really don't have a major league caliber shortstop on their roster right now & there are too many holes in that lineup. At the deadline if I am the Mets front office I consider depending how many games they are back holding an auction for Santana & Wright & blow the whole thing up.

Exactly, I am a big Mets fan but I really don't see them finishing much above .500 in a best case scenerio. That is just not a major league lineup that they are trotting out there everyday. They will be competive in some games because they have good starting pitching & Collins is a good manager but their bullpen stinks, they really don't have a major league caliber shortstop on their roster right now & there are too many holes in that lineup. At the deadline if I am the Mets front office I consider depending how many games they are back holding an auction for Santana & Wright & blow the whole thing up.

What was with the closer's eyes during the post game interview? That was bizarre. Dude looked like Marty Feldman.

Congrats to them but man is MLB umpiring terrible. Don't know if you've seen the highlights but Beltran got a hit in the top of the 6th that they called foul. This certainly hasn't been a banner year for the boys in blue.

Almost seems like they are trying to get a point out or a message to the league by making horrible calls.

There was a Balk called int the Jays/Braves game that walked in a run for the braves this weekend that had Gregg Zuan in the broadcast booth going nuts about because it wasn't a balk and the league has a rule that a manager is thrown out of a game for arguing Balks. There was the call a few weeks back in the A's game where teh ump kept yelling back to the manager "Its my call"....

It seemed like in teh past you would say teh umps need glasses while arguing a close strike or tag, but now it makes you wonder when it seems like they are making up calls with teh excuse of "its how I saw the play"

As for the Mets, saw them in TO a few weeks ago, looks like you guys were able to get Rauch and Fransico able to come in and not make everyone chalk up the game to a loss/blown save