Motorcyclist arrested for going 193 mph on NYS Thruway

How did they actually catch him? That detail seemed to be glossed over a bit in the story. I'm also wondering how these guys actually have licenses after getting these tickets. Oh, and how do they not wind up dead splattered all over the side of the road?

I'm skeptical.

"At that point, mile marker 134, the bike was clocked at 97 mph, Sgt. William Lovely said. It reached 193 mph at mile marker 114 in the town of Catskill, he said. Troopers did not pursue the motorcycle, he said."

So he was clocked at 97 mph, but nobody went to pursue him. Within the next mile, he increased his speed nearly 100mph? If he maintained his 97mph speed, he would've gone a mile in around 35 seconds. I'm just not convinced that someone would be able to more than double their speed in that time AND have someone accurately clock them exactly one mile away, but not turn their lights on to slow him down.

I'm skeptical.

"At that point, mile marker 134, the bike was clocked at 97 mph, Sgt. William Lovely said. It reached 193 mph at mile marker 114 in the town of Catskill, he said. Troopers did not pursue the motorcycle, he said."

So he was clocked at 97 mph, but nobody went to pursue him. Within the next mile, he increased his speed nearly 100mph? If he maintained his 97mph speed, he would've gone a mile in around 35 seconds. I'm just not convinced that someone would be able to more than double their speed in that time AND have someone accurately clock them exactly one mile away, but not turn their lights on to slow him down.

Wouldn't those be 20 miles apart?

I love the bumper stickers "Watch for motorcyclists" Some of these * bob and weave in and out of traffic at high speed and end up causing accidents. The 'crotch rockets' are the worst. Just yesterday I had some @sswipe drive between me and the car next to me while we were both making a left turn onto the highway.

I love the bumper stickers "Watch for motorcyclists" Some of these * bob and weave in and out of traffic at high speed and end up causing accidents. The 'crotch rockets' are the worst. Just yesterday I had some @sswipe drive between me and the car next to me while we were both making a left turn onto the highway.

Yup those kind of drivers are asking for an accident. I drive a motorcycle and just cruise at the speed limit and never splitting lanes. The craziest thing I saw a motorcyclist do was going down the freeway doing a wheelie going at least 100mph. Insane.

Dont you just love toll roads?

They are what they are!

When I was moving from Seattle to VA., I asked AAA for a routing. The nitwits suggested I-90 thru Chicago, across Indiana & Ohio to the PA Turnpike---all Toll Roads, in all their glory!

I decided to drive I-90 into W Montana then dropped down across Wyoming to Denver on I think I-29, then I-70 to St.Louis where I got lost, and saw the stupid Gateway Arch from every conceiveable side, then I-64 to Virginia. The only Tolls were in W VA on the Robery E Byrd/Le Petomaine Thruway.

The scenery was great, till I got E of Denver, and NO TOLLS except W.VA.

I'm skeptical.

My car will go from 100 to 150 in less than 10 seconds and 0 to 150 in less than 18 seconds. Completely stock.

I work in a TAC (transport accident commission) hospital- the term "temporary citizen" or "live organ donor" gets used a lot for motorcyclists. Bitumen on skin is like horrific- hot knife meets butter.

Isn't there an old campy song about this? Maybe John Valby

"She was doing.......... 1....90....Three..... When the chain on her motorcycle broke! Well they found her in the grass with a muffler up her *** and ******* playin' dixie on the spokes..."

Boooooo... Bad I know... But how the heck does one remember this stojan...? Must be all the years at camp!