Anyone with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus get their update?

verizon is in the process of finally pushing the 4.0.4 update OTA today...some have gotten it, i haven't yet...i am hoping for 2 things from this...improved call audio quality and battery improvement....

Is this ICS related? I am calling Verizon this weekend to fuss about how they promised me I would have ICS by Q1 2012 on my Bionic.

Funny you posted this today. I upgraded to 4.0.4 two days ago. Took me about 5 hours but got it done :) It did nothing for battery life or signal. I am typing this from my iPhone 4s which I finally went back to and am SO happy I did. Carrying two batteries is unacceptable and I had to do that daily. The random switch from 3G to 4G sucked. Back in happy non-customizable world of iPhone.

Making us wait for 6 months for 4.0.4 that fixed nothing was enough for me. Luckily the manager at Verizon took my 7 years of service and the fact that he agreed with me about the issues and switched me back for free.

so you unlocked your phone and downloaded the leaked update? verizon only released 4.0.4 today...perhaps the update you got didn't have all the official updates....

Funny you posted this today. I upgraded to 4.0.4 two days ago. Took me about 5 hours but got it done :) It did nothing for battery life or signal. I am typing this from my iPhone 4s which I finally went back to and am SO happy I did. Carrying two batteries is unacceptable and I had to do that daily. The random switch from 3G to 4G sucked. Back in happy non-customizable world of iPhone.

Making us wait for 6 months for 4.0.4 that fixed nothing was enough for me. Luckily the manager at Verizon took my 7 years of service and the fact that he agreed with me about the issues and switched me back for free.

so you unlocked your phone and downloaded the leaked update? verizon only released 4.0.4 today...perhaps the update you got didn't have all the official updates....

Nope. Neither unlocked or rooted. I can explain the entire process but basically google released the full CDMA build a 4.0.4 a week ago (google around you can find it. All my links were on that phone). Google released it and I flashed it. Again took 5 hours. I could have done it in 20 minutes if I rooted the phone but chose not to as I knew I might get rid of it. Anyway, it was the official build. I will say it made the camera better. It also changes the power button to allow you to mute the phone. It sped up the screen rotation. It also made the multitask drawer faster. But by noon yesterday still needed the 2nd battery. Can't say enough how I will now know I will stick with iPhone for the foreseeable years to come.

Link:

Edited by stevestojan

What are you guys talking about? Ice Cream Sandwich? After 6 years I just upgraded a few months ago with Verizon, they almost dropped dead when I came in the door... I got my wife an iPhone 4s, my daughter an iPod touch (they are both Apple Zombies, been bugging me for years) and myself a Droid 4... My phone has the hotspot so the iPod Touch can run off my connection when traveling (daughter is only 10, she can get texts and phone through WiFi app). My Droid 4 is running Gingerbread, but is ready for Ice Cream Sandwich... Not sure I am gonna upgrade just yet... The phone kicks butt all over the iPhone. Even my sons Huawei Mercury through Cricket smears the iPhone. My wife's phone seems so bland and lame... Like a toy. I don't know why I didn't jump into the smartphone market years ago?? Took me 30 seconds to set up my email... Wife's iPhone was a joke setting up her work email... I tried to set it up and nothing... Then I bought this app for $9.99 thinking that would help... Money always helps Apple elitists... No dice... Then I go back and configure it like I did the first time... And now it works! Did exactly what I did the first time... Go figure... They got 10 illogical bucks out of me! But it works now! Can't figure out why? But people with Apples probably never have the urge to ask those deep questions.

Anyway... Android kicks butt... Battery does get hot (I got Go Launcher/Locker on it, monitors the temp)... And yes Droid 4 has a fixed battery ala iPhone... :( But it gets good battery life... I even been playing around and made a garage door opener (found a guy's Bluetooth build/hack on the web, uses a cheap Samsung headset and a dollar transistor from Radio Shack) for any Android phone... Can convert any Android to open my door... Never need to buy a clicker again. Super secure because the only way to pair with that Samsung headset is to physically push a button... Nice so the son doesn't have to carry a clicker. I even VNC into any of my home computers, and via webcam... Can operate stuff like the door... People ask why? Because I can.

Here is the website and build video

I actually did a special mod since I have a new opener with a smart wall control unit... PM me if you want that mod.

Sorry Steve... Leave the iStuff to the drones... Open source is where it is at!

Anyway... I didn't know that Samsung supplies all its parts to Apple... Probably the reason why they look so similar (TV's and what not). Strange how Apple is going all thermonuclear war by suing Samsung and others... They stop delivering parts and Apple would crumble... Funny how Apple hates to compete.

When I rooted my son's old Froyo phone... You can temp root (goes back after reboot) or perm root. That phone is shot... Was gonna use it as a camera/web sever to control things around my house... He had a smartphone a few years before us (Sanyo/Kyocera Zio/M6000)... Has touch screen issues and charging problems... I think it is from beating on it/cramming into pockets and what not.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois