Please delete

After on and off for over an hour I came up with Norwegian too. I think that's right. (Haven't looked at the answer yet). I have a box matrix and everything.

Edit: Dammit! It is not the Norwegian.

Maybe I'm not in the 2% of the population that Einstein claimed could get this riddle correct. :oops:

Did you really get this or did you google?

I got it for real. I didn't even think of googling it or running it through my Googlebot until you mentioned you hadn't looked up the answer yet, but once I solved it I checked my grid against all of the questions and it fit. The next one you post I will Google right away.

My question about the left/right came after my first try where I couldn't find a mistake I had made but I found it later. I had hit a snafu with clue 6 and another with a couple of the drinks. I just drew little pictures of houses and started filling in the info where I could. Underneath I made a list of all the factors and made circles around the intertwined ones. After that most of it fell into place pretty easily.

Edit: The clue 6 snafu came up later. The drink thing caused me to ask the left/right question.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Einstein's riddle while we wait....

There are no tricks, just pure logic, so good luck...

1. In a street there are five houses, painted five different colours.

2. In each house lives a person of different nationality

3. These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

THE QUESTION: WHO OWNS THE FISH?

HINTS

1. The Brit lives in a red house.

2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.

5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.

6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8. The man living in the centre house drinks milk.

9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13. The German smokes Prince.

14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.

Let me be clear.

Irregardless of who owns the fish there are 5 houses that need to eat. Access to the fish should not be limited based on their nationality nor should it depend on their lifestyles. Just because these families have a history of smoking various substances, drinking various beverages, or alternative relations with various mammals does not preclude them from their right to eat.

I propose that each families fair share be determined by the size of their donation to the Democratic Party. If the contribution is satisfactory maybe we can throw in a loaf of bread from somebody on the next block.

I got it for real. I didn't even think of googling it or running it through my Googlebot until you mentioned you hadn't looked up the answer yet, but once I solved it I checked my grid against all of the questions and it fit. The next one you post I will Google right away.

My question about the left/right came after my first try where I couldn't find a mistake I had made but I found it later. I had hit a snafu with clue 6 and another with a couple of the drinks. I just drew little pictures of houses and started filling in the info where I could. Underneath I made a list of all the factors and made circles around the intertwined ones. After that most of it fell into place pretty easily.

Edit: The clue 6 snafu came up later. The drink thing caused me to ask the left/right question.

Good call man!

I did it again (the first time I did it with a chart on a Wendy's napkin). This time, sadly, I used a colored pencils and a piece of notebook paper. The result was...

The !@#$ing Norwegian. :wallbash:

Good call man!

I did it again (the first time I did it with a chart on a Wendy's napkin). This time, sadly, I used a colored pencils and a piece of notebook paper. The result was...

Start with the obvious clues like #s 8 and 9 and then 14 and work your way from there.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Good call man!

Hey thanks for duplicating my thread and then changing your's into a riddle contest. !@#$ing jurors, you never know what they'll do.

Hey thanks for duplicating my thread and then changing your's into a riddle contest. !@#$ing jurors, you never know what they'll do.

LMAO!!!

I'm gonna post another riddle if it's not deleted by tomorrow!!!

I can't delete the whole thread, just individual posts.

:censored:

Edited by Juror#8

LMAO!!!

I'm gonna post another riddle if it's not deleted by tomorrow!!!

I can't delete the whole thread, just individual posts.

:censored:

Ask the mods to merge it into my thread so I can B word about your riddles there too.

• 2 weeks later...

To the tower! To the Tower! Rapunzel!

Lt. Pervis: We have no tower, sir.

Buck Murdock (aka James T Kirk): : No tower?

Lt. Pervis: Just a bridge, sir.

Buck Murdock (aka James T Kirk): Why the *hell* aren't I notified about these things?