Holder to brief black pastors on Campaign 2012

Will the Attorney General and the Department of Justice be addressing "white" pastors also ? ?

What a joke these people are and how little they think of their fellow African-americans.

Let me guess, knowing the "Chicago" campaign, it will go something like this.

"we understand that many of you are upset with the administration's Gay marriage support, well, sit down and shut up, or they'll be no campaign "funding" this time around"

Is it appropriate for a goverment offical to be briefing pastors how to politically campaign W/O losing their tax except status?

I was wondering that, too. At the very least, I'm squeamish about active political appointees campaigning for elected officials.

Seems to me that that's the justification for Holder's presence: that the purpose of the briefing is to clarify 501c3 rules. The legitimacy of that...well, I'm cynical enough to not believe it, and more than cynical enough to point out the explicit racial bias involved.

I was wondering that, too. At the very least, I'm squeamish about active political appointees campaigning for elected officials.

Seems to me that that's the justification for Holder's presence: that the purpose of the briefing is to clarify 501c3 rules. The legitimacy of that...well, I'm cynical enough to not believe it, and more than cynical enough to point out the explicit racial bias involved.

I was concerned about the racial bias as well, and just fired off a quick email to the head of the Congressional White Caucus to get their response.

We need to lock up all the black and african americans behind a 100...no 150 mile fence and drop in by airplane food to them.

Gotta love it. Can't come up with a valid defense of a shady political act so imply racism <_<

We need to lock up all the black and african americans behind a 100...no 150 mile fence and drop in by airplane food to them.

I know I get pretty vulgar sometimes....but this is really beyond the pale.

Shame on you.

An update on the actual event;

Holder to black pastors: Civil rights at risk

Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking to black pastors at a Congressional Black Caucus event designed to get out the vote this election year, warned his audience that the civil rights they enjoy are under attack.

“I’ve heard a consistent drumbeat of concern from citizens, who — often for the first time in their lives — now have reason to believe that . . . some of the achievements that defined the civil rights movement could now hang in the balance,” Holder said in his prepared remarks. He cited “the all-too-common deceptive practices we’ve been fighting for years” in addition to “more recent fears and frustrations about some of the state-level voting law changes we’ve seen this legislative season.”

Holder went on to criticize the South Carolina voter ID law, which Democrats often portray as an act of Republican racism designed to hurt President Obama by disenfranchising black voters.

Holder was a guest of the CBC at the event, which CBC chair Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., explained yesterday is designed to educate pastors on what they’re allowed to say about politics in church while encouraging them to keep black turnout high

Washington Examiner

Double-standard ? ?...........................what a disgrace.

Double-standard ? ?...........................what a disgrace.

I can't tell if Holder is concerned that voting laws are bad for black people or if he just thinks it's a wasted effort when all you really need to do adjust people's voting habits is put a few Black Panthers holding clubs at the doorway to the polling place.

It's faster, cheaper, and no one has the nerve to complain about it because, y'know, colored people are black n'schit and you don't mess with the black people or Holder be puttin' down the crackalackin.

I seriously can't wait until this dumbass is gone.

Ah. I am just making fun of what a pastor said here in. Nc that is making the media rounds.

In reality how is this much different then sitting with Fartwell, or other people they bring in

Maybe because it was not a large group meeting with "pastors" to discuss how they could campaign for the setting president and not endanger their tax exempt status?

I can't tell if Holder is concerned that voting laws are bad for black people or if he just thinks it's a wasted effort when all you really need to do adjust people's voting habits is put a few Black Panthers holding clubs at the doorway to the polling place.

It's faster, cheaper, and no one has the nerve to complain about it because, y'know, colored people are black n'schit and you don't mess with the black people or Holder be puttin' down the crackalackin.

I seriously can't wait until this dumbass is gone.

I never thought any AG would make me pine for the good ol' days of John Asscroft dressing naked sculptures in togas...