Putting Debt In Context

This is from articlequoting Bianco Research from late 2008 but it puts all these bailouts and the countries debt in perspective

"And unprecedented-sized bailouts assure greater trouble ahead. Using inflation-adjusted numbers, Jim Bianco of Bianco Research said that bailout-related debt cost more than the following combined:

-- the Marshall Plan - cost: $12.7 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $115.3 billion;

-- the Louisiana Purchase - cost: $15 million; inflation-adjusted cost: $217 million;

-- NASA's Apollo human spaceflight program - cost: $36.4 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $237 billion;

-- the S & L crisis - cost: $153 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $256 billion;

-- the Korean War - cost: $54 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $454 billion;

-- the New Deal - cost: an estimated $32 billion; inflation- adjusted cost: an estimated $500 billion;

-- the invasion and early months of the Iraq War (not the total war cost to date that's far higher) - cost: $551 billion; inflation- adjusted cost: $597 billion;

-- the Vietnam War - cost: $111 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $698 billion; and

-- NASA since inception - cost: $416.7 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $851.2 billion.

Total: $3.92 trillion compared to around $8.5 trillion in bailout funds allocated or pledged thus far with these numbers certain to go higher."

Edited by Dante

This is from articlequoting Bianco Research from late 2008 but it puts all these bailouts and the countries debt in perspective

"And unprecedented-sized bailouts assure greater trouble ahead. Using inflation-adjusted numbers, Jim Bianco of Bianco Research said that bailout-related debt cost more than the following combined:

-- the Marshall Plan - cost: $12.7 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $115.3 billion;

-- the Louisiana Purchase - cost: $15 million; inflation-adjusted cost: $217 million;

-- NASA's Apollo human spaceflight program - cost: $36.4 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $237 billion;

-- the S & L crisis - cost: $153 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $256 billion;

-- the Korean War - cost: $54 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $454 billion;

-- the New Deal - cost: an estimated $32 billion; inflation- adjusted cost: an estimated $500 billion;

-- the invasion and early months of the Iraq War (not the total war cost to date that's far higher) - cost: $551 billion; inflation- adjusted cost: $597 billion;

-- the Vietnam War - cost: $111 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $698 billion; and

-- NASA since inception - cost: $416.7 billion; inflation-adjusted cost: $851.2 billion.

Total: $3.92 trillion compared to around $8.5 trillion in bailout funds allocated or pledged thus far with these numbers certain to go higher."

Rense.com. :lol:

Rense.com. :lol:

I've never heard of rense.com. I don't know their point of view be it leftard or conservative. I didn't bother to check out the rest of the site. I was just fascinated by the numbers that they got from Bianco Research showing how much each major event or expense cost. I mean, the website might be for shite but they do quote a outside source. Curious to what you think of them if the money total is bogus or not.

Edited by Dante

when the majority of the electorate have the same IQ as mdp, you could kiss this country good bye.

most of the fortune 500 paid zero taxes or got subsidies. they can write off what doesnt work.... ie no risk :wallbash:

remember the bank bailouts? :wallbash:

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

I've never heard of rense.com. I don't know their point of view be it leftard or conservative. I didn't bother to check out the rest of the site. I was just fascinated by the numbers that they got from Bianco Research showing how much each major event or expense cost. I mean, the website might be for shite but they do quote a outside source. Curious to what you think of them if the money total is bogus or not.

Their point of view is "The government's trying to brainwash us with chemtrails and fluoridated water so we don't notice they're using HAARP to cause more earthquakes." Seriously. Rense is what you link to when David Icke's "lizard people" theories start seeming sane.

Check out the rest of the site. It's a riot. :lol:

Their point of view is "The government's trying to brainwash us with chemtrails and fluoridated water so we don't notice they're using HAARP to cause more earthquakes." Seriously. Rense is what you link to when David Icke's "lizard people" theories start seeming sane.

Check out the rest of the site. It's a riot. :lol:

I tried to find it at the Bianco site but it must be to old.