I had to put my dog down today

He had a enlarged heart and he couldn't breathe anymore and the vet said its more humane to put him to sleep. Good night Bernard you were a sweet dog.

A caring pet owner like you will know when it's time. Nothing worse than seeing an innocent animal chroncally suffering. He's in a better place now.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

He had a enlarged heart and he couldn't breathe anymore and the vet said its more humane to put him to sleep. Good night Bernard you were a sweet dog.

Bernie, may you have bacon everyday in doggie heaven. RIP.

Sorry for your loss, definitely one of the toughest decisions you have to make. I have been in that position twice, and it always breaks my heart. I have an 8 year old dog that is going through some health issues now. I will be crushed if the prognosis is not favorable.

I am very sorry for your loss. I cried like a baby for days leading up to and after we had to put ours down. He was almost 16 years old and I was 24. I feel for you, but cherish your memories and the funny things your dog would do. Keep some pictures around the house. Pets are great friends, and its always hard when they move on to a better place. Just remember that you'll see your dog again someday. It'll be waiting for you.