I had to put my dog down today

He had a enlarged heart and he couldn't breathe anymore and the vet said its more humane to put him to sleep. Good night Bernard you were a sweet dog.

I am sorry to hear about this. I know what you are going thru, my girlfriends dog has a ruptured disc and we are not sure we can afford corrective surgery.

Sorry to hear about your loss FinSD, I am sure Bernard had a great life with you.

JBoys, that is not an enviable position to be in and I wish you the best as you make a very difficult decision.

He had a enlarged heart and he couldn't breathe anymore and the vet said its more humane to put him to sleep. Good night Bernard you were a sweet dog.

So sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to get attached to a dog. Maybe has time heals your wounds, there is another friend waiting for you at the local dog shelter. Shelter dogs are the best!

Again, so sorry for your loss.

Really sorry to hear this, Fan. Im sure you gave him a great life, and I hope the thought of that helps you through.

Losing a pet is never easy, but the silver lining is that you now have an opportunity to rescue another dog in need of a loving home, when you are ready.

My prayers are with you too!!

I am sorry to hear about this. I know what you are going thru, my girlfriends dog has a ruptured disc and we are not sure we can afford corrective surgery.

My prayers to you too!

Sorry to hear, that is always a painful decision to make but at least there is no more suffering. As much as my puppy frusterates me....like how she got into poison ivy and got it on me last weekend.... that is a day that I am already dreading.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I actually have the cure to poision oak. It's a drinkable inoculation. You'll never be bothered by poison oak again. But I don't know how to get this product out to the masses. I don't even have the cash to patent the product.

My condolences on your loss of your friend. I needed to put my dog Ivan (not current dog King) to sleep and it was one of the toughest things I ever had to do. He was already recovering from surgery to remove cancerous tumors in his nose and feet and was on way to recovery until cancer was found to be spreading inside and there was nothing vet could do. No matter how painful it was for you it was right decision.