So modern GOP still views Bush as Aids but Cheney is ok?

Absolutely. Can you even name the VPs over the last 50 years?

LOL no need to get defensive and lash out. That's fine if you feel that way. It's a little surprising to me to hear you say that but that's just me. To each his own I guess.

LOL no need to get defensive and lash out. That's fine if you feel that way. It's a little surprising to me to hear you say that but that's just me. To each his own I guess.

Name one better. Maybe...just maybe Hubert Humphrey. .

Biden?

Gore?

Quayle?

Bush?

Monday?

Rockefeller?

Ford?

Agnew?

Humphrey?

Johnson?

That's quite an impressive list (I think I got them all). Go ahead pick one and give me a reason.

BTW you asking me if I serious and I say absolutely I'm lashing out? :blink:

Biden?

Gore?

Quayle?

Bush?

Monday?

Rockefeller?

Ford?

Agnew?

Humphrey?

Johnson?

That's quite an impressive list (I think I got them all). Go ahead pick one and give me a reason.

What about the rest of the week?

:nana:

I m know who you meant though. Walter "Fritz" was a great side kick for JC.

Biden?

Gore?

Quayle?

Bush?

Monday?

Rockefeller?

Ford?

Agnew?

Humphrey?

Johnson?

i'll take rockefeller for 500, alex. all the rest, in there position of vp, were quite benign (as they should have been). cheney was the only truly malignant

vp in that list. "monday" spoke at my commencement from undergrad, but it was on a saturday and he was actually impressive.

Waiting for the history books to be written on Cheney. Some people say it takes 30 years of distance to view the past with any retrospect.

By the time Cheney left office his approval rating was 13%, enough said.

Because how you did in office,

how you helped defend America,

how you shaped history,

.........................................all depends on media polling.

Idiot.

was listening to a report on cia analysts yesterday. since the iraq war they have changed protocols regarding prognosticating and predicting future events mostly in response to the bullying that occurred at that time in an effort to justify going to war. many have reported this and cheney was one of the prime offendors. they are much less likely to go out on a limb in their analyses as a result. i don't know if that's a good thing but i think cheney's actions, in part causing it,are bad things.

was listening to a report on cia analysts yesterday. since the iraq war they have changed protocols regarding prognosticating and predicting future events mostly in response to the bullying that occurred at that time in an effort to justify going to war. many have reported this and cheney was one of the prime offendors. they are much less likely to go out on a limb in their analyses as a result. i don't know if that's a good thing but i think cheney's actions, in part causing it,are bad things.

I believe that's less a change in the analysis than in their presentation. As I recall, most of the analysts were suggesting that the administration (Cheney and Rumsfeld, in particular) were giving the info far more credit than they objectively deserved (since quite a bit of it was single-sourced). But the flip side of that was: there were a lot more people than just the CIA involved (the multiplicity of intelligence agencies in the US government is amazing, not including the Brits). Given that that multiplicity was basically in agreement on most things, Faulting the CIA for being politically bullied (or the bullies themselves) masks a deeper problem of methodology.

Plus..."bullying" is an exaggeration of what was really "confirmation bias". People see what they think they should see, particularly in ambiguous situations with incomplete data. Such as when they're too dumb to recognize their own bias in calling it "bullying".

I believe that's less a change in the analysis than in their presentation. As I recall, most of the analysts were suggesting that the administration (Cheney and Rumsfeld, in particular) were giving the info far more credit than they objectively deserved (since quite a bit of it was single-sourced). But the flip side of that was: there were a lot more people than just the CIA involved (the multiplicity of intelligence agencies in the US government is amazing, not including the Brits). Given that that multiplicity was basically in agreement on most things, Faulting the CIA for being politically bullied (or the bullies themselves) masks a deeper problem of methodology.

Plus..."bullying" is an exaggeration of what was really "confirmation bias". People see what they think they should see, particularly in ambiguous situations with incomplete data. Such as when they're too dumb to recognize their own bias in calling it "bullying".

that was the word used by the analyst if i recall correctly...will look for the reference later. you can spin it anyway you like, multiple cia officials have publicly stated they felt extraordinary pressure to produce data in support of wmd's and invading iraq.

Again! Why do I torture myself reading these posts?

The truth does hurt, doesn't it. Perhaps you should come back when you have the ability to handle it. But honestly? I'm beginning to doubt whether you could handle me lying either, or be able to tell the difference.

Mr Cheney was a very good VP, which is why he has so many detractors on the left.

I would also like to point out the irony of the phrase "So modern GOP still views Bush as Aids" in the title.

When, of course,it is common knowledge that Mr. Bush was an honored champion of those fighting Aids around the world.

Another term would have been better...............

I know, right? With the clown that currently holds that office? IF we are going to be nasty, then:

Talking about Cheney is yet another distraction designed to make the monthly ass-raping Biden gives them hurt less.

They have a gag-ball with Cheney's name on it. :lol: And, after Biden is done, they take it off and it reminds them to talk about Cheney.

Edited by OCinBuffalo