So modern GOP still views Bush as Aids but Cheney is ok?

Full disclosure since I know her show would not be popular with most posters here this was brought to my attention via the Rachel Maddow show. (In my defense my DVR records her show, Martin Bashir, Bill O'Rielly and Hannity every day (my "analysis" shows lol...equally bad in their own ways...except Hannity who is hilariously bad) I watch one or two of them depending on topics/guests a day).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57438767-503544/cheney-to-host-fundraiser-for-romney/

What is funny to me is if the GOP has to stay away from Bush to this day why is it Romney says things like "Russia is our primary geo-political opponent" and:

"Last weekend I was watching cspan and watching Vice President Dick Cheney and he was being asked a whole host of questions following 911...the affair in various areas of the world...and I listen to him speak and say whether you agree or disagree with him this is a man of wisdom and judgment and he could have been President of the United States and that's the kind of person I'd like to have a person of wisdom and judgment" - Mitt Romney (transcription from a clip of the show)

I mean if there's a political figure who had a lower approval rating than Bush near the end it was Cheney was it not? This is the guy who...well...you know his politics lol and that's not what this topic is about...

Anyway my question is just what is the Romney campaign/GOP stance on this? Bush still toxic but Cheney is fine? I don't get it...then you have General Colin Powell criticizing the foreign policy advisers Romney sees to forming around him saying they could be giving he terrible advice....literally saying "C'mon Mitt...think." -Powell

What's up with the politics of presenting foreign policy for Romney now? The economy is huge and I get that it will be the focus (as it should) but this is important stuff...and I'm not understanding the logic...I don't see the foreign policy approach Mitt taking in the general to be moving in the right direction. Who is he playing to with this?

EDIT: I mean we're talking about the guy who said on the house floor "go **** yourself" when asked about Halliburton and later proclaimed "deficits don't matter" ... and when asked about 2/3rds of America not approving of how things are going in Iraq he responds "so?" ... this is the one man further from the modern GOP than Bush himself...I don't understand this...

Edited by TheNewBills

You could have saved yourself and everyone else a little time and effort if you just kept it to what you felt you needed to say: We interrupt the Barack Obama Clown Show to remind everyone...Bush and Cheney bad.

Seriously. The country is in the crapper and Obama is playing Capture The Flag with Jimmy Carter's legacy, and THIS is on your mind? Did you mean to post this at DailyKos? :lol:

Edited by LABillzFan

I've seen Colin Powell on several networks , promoting his book. I don't know what he's waiting for, he may as well endorse Obama now and not go on with this charade, where he is pretending to see how the campaign unfolds, he's behind completely behind Obama

Edited by WorldTraveller

You could have saved yourself and everyone else a little time and effort if you just kept it to what you felt you needed to say: We interrupt the Barack Obama Clown Show to remind everyone...Bush and Cheney bad.

Seriously. The country is in the crapper and Obama is playing Capture The Flag with Jimmy Carter's legacy, and THIS is on your mind? Did you mean to post this at DailyKos? :lol:

The swishing sound you heard while reading this was the point going strait over your head. We all seem to agree the Bush and Cheney are bad. Not really an issue.

However, when the person wishing to gain the office of President starts spouting the same garbage the Bush and Cheney did during their 8 year rundown of the nation, then declaring one of the two a man of great wisdom we might want to think about that for a while.

While I don't think Romney would be a bad president, things like this give me pause when it comes time to pull the lever in November.

I think Romney is going to run into some serious problems when foreign policy comes into play. I know not a lot of people like Obama on here, but his foreign policy record is....solid. Now, I'll wait for you guys to lecture me how I'm wrong. B-)

Full disclosure since I know her show would not be popular with most posters here this was brought to my attention via the Rachel Maddow show. (In my defense my DVR records her show, Martin Bashir, Bill O'Rielly and Hannity every day (my "analysis" shows lol...equally bad in their own ways...except Hannity who is hilariously bad) I watch one or two of them depending on topics/guests a day).

http://www.cbsnews.c...ser-for-romney/

What is funny to me is if the GOP has to stay away from Bush to this day why is it Romney says things like "Russia is our primary geo-political opponent" and:

"Last weekend I was watching cspan and watching Vice President Dick Cheney and he was being asked a whole host of questions following 911...the affair in various areas of the world...and I listen to him speak and say whether you agree or disagree with him this is a man of wisdom and judgment and he could have been President of the United States and that's the kind of person I'd like to have a person of wisdom and judgment" - Mitt Romney (transcription from a clip of the show)

I mean if there's a political figure who had a lower approval rating than Bush near the end it was Cheney was it not? This is the guy who...well...you know his politics lol and that's not what this topic is about...

Anyway my question is just what is the Romney campaign/GOP stance on this? Bush still toxic but Cheney is fine? I don't get it...then you have General Colin Powell criticizing the foreign policy advisers Romney sees to forming around him saying they could be giving he terrible advice....literally saying "C'mon Mitt...think." -Powell

What's up with the politics of presenting foreign policy for Romney now? The economy is huge and I get that it will be the focus (as it should) but this is important stuff...and I'm not understanding the logic...I don't see the foreign policy approach Mitt taking in the general to be moving in the right direction. Who is he playing to with this?

EDIT: I mean we're talking about the guy who said on the house floor "go **** yourself" when asked about Halliburton and later proclaimed "deficits don't matter" ... and when asked about 2/3rds of America not approving of how things are going in Iraq he responds "so?" ... this is the one man further from the modern GOP than Bush himself...I don't understand this...

Horseshit!

First of all...you are basing your argument that Romney should stay away from/be critical of the last administration...on a guy who was a major part of the last administration? :blink: What if Romney was citing Powell, instead of Cheney? Would we say that Romney should distance himself from Powell/the last administration, by quoting Cheney?

Second, Powell has been out of the limelight for quite a while now, and, clearly, he still has axes to grind with the neo-cons(again, largely Jewish ex-Democrats, who find themselves suddenly in the Republican party, despite being big-government people, directly due to their ex-party's weakness on foreign policy :wallbash:).

Finally, if there ever was a man with egg on his face, it is Colin Powell. Turning his back on his people, and going "all in" for Obama? Where does Powell go after endorsing Obama, only to have Obama fail miserably, especially on one foreign policy issue after the next? :lol: I wonder why no one at MSNBC asked Powell to describe Obama's foreign policy team? :o Answer: Because Tim Russert was the last competent interviewer NBC had. Hannity is a hack...but at least he is a competent interviewer.

Come on, this is retarded. Powell is desperately trying to extricate himself...but he is trying to do so somewhat honorably. So where does Powell go now? Hint: the bar, the bottom of the ocean, the F'ing South Pole? No. He goes on TV, under the auspices that his endorsement means something...merely because he hasn't made it yet. :rolleyes:

I've seen Colin Powell on several networks , promoting his book. I don't know what he's waiting for, he may as well endorse Obama now and not go on with this charade, where he is pretending to see how the campaign unfolds, he's behind completely behind Obama

Horseshit!

This is analysis is also retarded. Colin Powell is only behind Colin Powell. He is trying to resurrect his severely tarnished image as a guy who knows something about foreign policy....by demanding that we ignore it? :blink: Powell wants us to focus on our problems at home. Why? Because he's the turd that endorsed a bigger turd, and saw that big turd go on to FAIL repeatedly at the very thing Powell is supposed to be an expert on. The less we talk foreign policy the less Powell looks like an unmitigated moron.

Windows are less transparent, and Powell couldn't care less about Obama. Why should he care about the guy that made him look so foolish?

The swishing sound you heard while reading this was the point going strait over your head. We all seem to agree the Bush and Cheney are bad. Not really an issue.

However, when the person wishing to gain the office of President starts spouting the same garbage the Bush and Cheney did during their 8 year rundown of the nation, then declaring one of the two a man of great wisdom we might want to think about that for a while.

While I don't think Romney would be a bad president, things like this give me pause when it comes time to pull the lever in November.

Horseshit!

Again, retarded. And, further confirmation of LABillz's "I'm a moderate independent now that I realize just how stupid I was for trading the stable milk cow that was Hillary, for the 3 magic beans that are Obama, and I sure as hell don't want anybody to know about it" theory.

As if there is any chance you would be pulling a lever for Romney. Please. We've gone from wishful thinking to delusion already? Man, I thought it would take longer. Yeah..."Look at me! Romney better be careful or he might just lose my vote. You should think about whether Romney = Bush, too, for a while...when you have time". :rolleyes:

Again, windows, transparent, etc. Phonies don't do well on this board. Wise up.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57438767-503544/cheney-to-host-fundraiser-for-romney/

Edited by TheMadCap

Horseshit!

First of all...you are basing your argument that Romney should stay away from/be critical of the last administration...on a guy who was a major part of the last administration? :blink: What if Romney was citing Powell, instead of Cheney? Would we say that Romney should distance himself from Powell/the last administration, by quoting Cheney?

Second, Powell has been out of the limelight for quite a while now, and, clearly, he still has axes to grind with the neo-cons(again, largely Jewish ex-Democrats, who find themselves suddenly in the Republican party, despite being big-government people, directly due to their ex-party's weakness on foreign policy :wallbash:).

Finally, if there ever was a man with egg on his face, it is Colin Powell. Turning his back on his people, and going "all in" for Obama? Where does Powell go after endorsing Obama, only to have Obama fail miserably, especially on one foreign policy issue after the next? :lol: I wonder why no one at MSNBC asked Powell to describe Obama's foreign policy team? :o Answer: Because Tim Russert was the last competent interviewer NBC had. Hannity is a hack...but at least he is a competent interviewer.

Come on, this is retarded. Powell is desperately trying to extricate himself...but he is trying to do so somewhat honorably. So where does Powell go now? Hint: the bar, the bottom of the ocean, the F'ing South Pole? No. He goes on TV, under the auspices that his endorsement means something...merely because he hasn't made it yet. :rolleyes:

Horseshit!

This is analysis is also retarded. Colin Powell is only behind Colin Powell. He is trying to resurrect his severely tarnished image as a guy who knows something about foreign policy....by demanding that we ignore it? :blink: Powell wants us to focus on our problems at home. Why? Because he's the turd that endorsed a bigger turd, and saw that big turd go on to FAIL repeatedly at the very thing Powell is supposed to be an expert on. The less we talk foreign policy the less Powell looks like an unmitigated moron.

Windows are less transparent, and Powell couldn't care less about Obama. Why should he care about the guy that made him look so foolish?

Horseshit!

Again, retarded. And, further confirmation of LABillz's "I'm a moderate independent now that I realize just how stupid I was for trading the stable milk cow that was Hillary, for the 3 magic beans that are Obama, and I sure as hell don't want anybody to know about it" theory.

As if there is any chance you would be pulling a lever for Romney. Please. We've gone from wishful thinking to delusion already? Man, I thought it would take longer. Yeah..."Look at me! Romney better be careful or he might just lose my vote. You should think about whether Romney = Bush, too, for a while...when you have time". :rolleyes:

Again, windows, transparent, etc. Phonies don't do well on this board. Wise up.

Again! Why do I torture myself reading these posts?

...I don't understand this...

That was a lot of fluff.

Dick Cheney is a solid conservative, who has remained in the news and offered his viewpoints on many of todays issue.

President Bush has retired and (as ex-presidents with class do) has refrained from making any policy statements.

Your trying to apply several liberal tenets regarding these two gentlemen, and the supposed "confusion" over the Romney camp's discussion (or non-discussion) of either is very tepid and weak.

Mr Cheney is very popular in his home state, of course he would be asked to fund raise there. Whats not to understand ? ?

You need to drop the old "Cheney is an unliked boogeyman" silliness.

As for President Bush, I would imagine that most of his support will come behind the scenes.

Edited by B-Man

Cheney is the most corrupt VP of all-time. In all fairness he did coin the term "deficits don't matter", "was the only Congressman to not admonish the Reagan Administration after Iran-Contra came to light, and when told 2/3 of Americans were weary of invading Iraq he famously told ABC news interviewer "So."

Yes Cheney is exactly who the left wants Romney to "pal around with."

Edited by BiggieScooby

I don't think they will be regarded as the best administration in history, but you need to look at them with a bit of fairness. Every president will be judged within the context of the events that occur during their administration. President Bush made some mistakes, but there isn't much he could have done to prevent 9/11 from happening.

I don't think they will be regarded as the best administration in history, but you need to look at them with a bit of fairness. Every president will be judged within the context of the events that occur during their administration. President Bush made some mistakes, but there isn't much he could have done to prevent 9/11 from happening.

Prevent it? He caused it!

Support him for what? :unsure:

You have no qualms with his role/accomplishments during his 8 years as VP? Just a question, not an attack btw. You share his foreign policy ideology?

Edited by TheNewBills

You have no qualms with his role/accomplishments during his 8 years as VP? Just a question, not an attack btw. You share his foreign policy ideology?

No, I have no qualms at all. He was absolutely perfect and never made any mistakes as a VP. :rolleyes:

Listen no one is perfect but I'm here to tell you he is bar far the best VP we've had in my lifetime and that goes back half a century.

Edited by Chef Jim

No, I have no qualms at all. He was absolutely perfect and never made any mistakes as a VP. :rolleyes:

Listen no one is perfect but I'm here to tell you he is bar far the best VP we've had in my lifetime and that goes back half a century.

Being serious? Best VP in 50 years?

Mr Cheney was a very good VP, which is why he has so many detractors on the left.

I would also like to point out the irony of the phrase "So modern GOP still views Bush as Aids" in the title.

When, of course,it is common knowledge that Mr. Bush was an honored champion of those fighting Aids around the world.

Another term would have been better...............