I like this guy already

There's no way I could ever work in a public school. The rules give all the power to the kids and far too many parents today are just !@#$ing retards. Thanks for doing what you do - it's largely a thankless and under appreciated endeavor.

My wife's school is about 85% "state of anarchy". A normal day there would have been the most talked about day of my entire upbringing. More rules apparently equals worse behavior.

Worst part of my job is dealing with irrational, unappreciative, many times apathetic, unreasonably demanding, and yes...sometimes f!*@ing retarded parents. I've had parents show up drunk or stoned to meetings....yeah no wonder little Jimbo stabbed three of his classmates with scissors this week. Sheesh!! I really am considering a career change.

Worst part of my job is dealing with irrational, unappreciative, many times apathetic, unreasonably demanding, and yes...sometimes f!*@ing retarded parents. I've had parents show up drunk or stoned to meetings....yeah no wonder little Jimbo stabbed three of his classmates with scissors this week. Sheesh!! I really am considering a career change.

I've been an educator for 30+ years. Whatever you hear about what happens in the classroom is true and believe me you don't hear about 90% of it. Kids have mouths like sailors (the girls too), I have had (and have)felons in my classes, pregnant girls, you name it. Parents (or parent) are worse because they enable the student and created the situation in the first place. Many parents not only expect schools to teach their children but to raise them as well. There. I feel better now.

I think some of you guy need to start watching better movies. Though I would have paid double the ticket price to see this:

I once saw a grown man punch a woman in the face because she rudely answered her cell phone and talked for several minutes during the movie.

There's no way I could ever work in a public school. The rules give all the power to the kids and far too many parents today are just !@#$ing retards. Thanks for doing what you do - it's largely a thankless and under appreciated endeavor.

My brother in a law is the kind of guy who considered it 'doing the right thing' to teach at the urban school; until one of his students physically threatened him (more than once) and the administration refused to even listen to his complaint, much less do anything at all about the thug. Finally he had enough and left for a job in one of the wealthy towns, which has its own issues with arrogant kids/parents but at least doesn't put up with that level of nonsense.

Dr. Patrick Hart, a Seattle psychologist specializing in anger-management, says Kim should have "paused, relaxed in the moment."

He suggests using humor and a sharp wit to handle a spike in anger at others' behavior in the movie theater. "Speak your truth, in a good-humored way. Say it out loud. If somebody is hucking popcorn, being loud, being rowdy, use humor to interrupt that pattern of behavior," Hart said.

This is the problem with society and kids today. You do this in a public place and the kid flat out owns your butt. My wife is a school teacher (4th) grade, in California. She puts up with a lot of crap. Basically she is an underpaid day care provider that is about to take a 6% pay cut. I'll save that for another thread though.

If I did that when I was 10 my folks (which btw would have been there with me) would have told me to shut up. If it escalated to the point that it did they would have made me apologize to the man, then when I home they would have kicked my ass. It's all about the parenting. I wouldn't dare let my 10 year old daughter go to the movies without adult supervision.

Carousel Mall in Syracuse...Concord Mills Mall in the outskirts of Charlotte (as jboyst62 eluded to)...I've seen my fair share of altercations.

I once saw a grown man punch a woman in the face because she rudely answered her cell phone and talked for several minutes during the movie.

I saw a teenaged girl slap a woman after being confronted for throwing candy at her and her children from the back of the movie theater.

It's a jungle out there.

Many kids today have absolutely no respect for other people, particularly adults. Working as an educator for the past 9 years, I can attest to this. Of course, I attribute this in large part to sh**ty parenting. Let me hear that my son was throwing candy at people in the movie theater, or was blatantly disrespectful to an adult....he'd be walking around with 3 sneakers on. Two on his feet, and one in his a**!!

I would find a new movie theatre to patronize.

You know why we didn't !@#$ with adults when we were 10? Because they'd beat our asses. Of course, our parents wouldn't have let us go to a movie theater without them at that age.

About the only time I ever go to the movies is when school is in session.

Same here...it's all about the timing. I never go to a fri or sat night show anymore. If I go, it's usually Sunday night or for a matinee during the week. Fri and Sat are movie nights at home on the big screen.