Wilson Greatbatch moving headquarters from Buff to DFW

This is not good news. Will it really stop at just four execs or will the manufacturing jobs head that way soon?...........I hope it's true that they just want the execs to be closer to some key customers, but I wonder if it's more about NYS taxes and such?

This is not good news. Will it really stop at just four execs or will the manufacturing jobs head that way soon?...........I hope it's true that they just want the execs to be closer to some key customers, but I wonder if it's more about NYS taxes and such?

The number of employees in Buffalo will go down quarter by quarter until it reaches zero.

Maybe Albany can make up for it by raising taxes or forcing more labor regulations on remaining businesses.

The number of employees in Buffalo will go down quarter by quarter until it reaches zero.

Maybe Albany can make up for it by raising taxes or forcing more labor regulations on remaining businesses.

I suggest stricter EPA controls ,some tariffs and fees on random things, and more property taxes on rich people.

Probably both.

The founder of the company dies and slowly but surely the company moves to Texas. Maybe NYS can charge them a relocation fee? :wallbash:

This has been going on for years! My recollection is that it started in the 60's with Bell/Textron and American Airlines and just continued from there.

Texas actually persues businesses to locate there, while NY just shrugs their shoulders. Having lived 4 years in Texas, I can honestly say it's no garden spot BUT when this happens, NY needs to step up match whatever the incentives are, and give businesses a reason to be in NY, and hire the talent that's already here.

Illinois gave the store away to Boeing, just so they would locacte their corporate offices there. In fact, Chicago actually beat out (out spent)Dallas & Denver. It's past time for Buffalo, and NY State to create a business environment that makes companies want to be here.

This has been going on for years! My recollection is that it started in the 60's with Bell/Textron and American Airlines and just continued from there.

Texas actually persues businesses to locate there, while NY just shrugs their shoulders. Having lived 4 years in Texas, I can honestly say it's no garden spot BUT when this happens, NY needs to step up match whatever the incentives are, and give businesses a reason to be in NY, and hire the talent that's already here.

Illinois gave the store away to Boeing, just so they would locacte their corporate offices there. In fact, Chicago actually beat out (out spent)Dallas & Denver. It's past time for Buffalo, and NY State to create a business environment that makes companies want to be here.

Throwing lots of incentives at a single company is a short sighted strategy. The problems are long term -- high income taxes, high property taxes, high business taxes, overbearing regulation, politicians owned by labor unions, politicians continually scapegoating business leaders, etc. There's a reason it has been happening in the '60s and keeps happening --- people keep electing the same crooks over and over.

It's always funny to hear people whine about 'greed' yet fail to recognize the role that politicians' greed plays in causing this type of thing.

Yup, I worked at Bell Aerospace Textron. When I was hired in 1984, I was about the only person there without gray hair. They had been shrinking like you said since the 60s. In the next 4 years, a lot of younger people got hired as all the WWII guys started retiring, but I felt it was inevitable, and the company was pretty much done by '89.

I am hoping it's just a move for the top execs. Tom Hook would save $281,600 if those numbers and my math are correct in state income taxes. That can't be sneezed at.

But, I wouldn't think that Frisco would have this presser and pull out all the stops just for the movement of four people.